Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Pick GGG's Next Opponent: Geale Or Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both can get it one after the other

Comment

Geale or Murray should. I want to see Kirkland fight Andrade.

Comment

In the order i want to see most..

1. Serg- lineal champ, biggest fight to make in the division

2. Murray- Should have beaten serg, is a legit #1 contender

3. Sturm- Dodged GGG for years, but now the money is right, want ggg to beat him down

4. Geale- Scrappy fighter, would be a good style clash for GGG

5. Kirkland- GGG ko's him in a few rounds, but would be exciting to see it happen

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Both Murray and Geale passed on offers to fight GGG in Monaco, what's the hangup?
          Throughout the year, the only legit middleweight GGG has fought is Macklin. Geale was busy winning world titles and Murray was busy giving Martinez a tough fight this year. The hang up is that these are not the only middleweights in the planet, I'd prefer GGG fighting a top 20 middleweight (yes there are middleweights outside of Murray/Geale/Sturm) than the likes of Rosado (who has admittedly done well since then against Quillin) and Ishida

Seriously, how was Stevens even given a shot at a world title? if he was an opponent for nay other world champ other than GGG and we'd have a riot on this forum. Sturm in the twilight of his career has fought better opposition but gets constantly criticised.

Dont get me wrong, GGG has power and decent skills but when you're a world champion and you've only fought one decent middleweight it leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Dont get me wrong, GGG has power and decent skills but when you're a world champion and you've only fought one decent middleweight it leaves a lot to be desired.
            Proksa was pretty good. I used to rate him a bit, even after having a mare against Kerry Hope. He's obviously shat out since though, having lost to Sergio Mora.

I see your point though, he needs to step it up a bit and match up against the top 5. But it's hard though as a lot of promoters don't want their fighters any where near a ring with Golovkin, or they're pricing themselves out of it.
            Last edited by Targaryen; 12-24-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Throughout the year, the only legit middleweight GGG has fought is Macklin. Geale was busy winning world titles and Murray was busy giving Martinez a tough fight this year. The hang up is that these are not the only middleweights in the planet, I'd prefer GGG fighting a top 20 middleweight (yes there are middleweights outside of Murray/Geale/Sturm) than the likes of Rosado (who has admittedly done well since then against Quillin) and Ishida

Seriously, how was Stevens even given a shot at a world title? if he was an opponent for nay other world champ other than GGG and we'd have a riot on this forum. Sturm in the twilight of his career has fought better opposition but gets constantly criticised.

There isn't anybody in the top 10 that's shown any interest (when GGG is looking, not when he just signed for a fight), all have passed on multiple offers. The best guys willing are Mora and Soliman. I agree Stevens was even less deserving, but at least that fight had an element of danger since Stevens could punch even at 168.

Comment

Why are people talking about Golovkin/Kirkland? That's a ****, one-sided, completely uninteresting fight. Give me a break, I'd have a lot to say against Golovkin if that fight happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Beating around Undefeated Prime N'dam > Body shot KO over washed up Macklin although it was a great shot
                  How would you know lmao they said the same thing about every other power puncher in history who gets schooled by the first top guy they fight lol
                  Matthew Macklin was considered a TOP 4-5 MW when he fought Golovkin. It was not until Golovkin dismantled him that people started to doubt him as a top contender-the same Macklin that gave Sergio Martinez a hell of a fight and lost in a controversial SD to Felix Sturm. Macklin was (isn't) washed up- Golovkin's just that good. Golovkin also beat Grzegorz Proksa, whom was also considered a top/emerging contender when he fought GGG.(noticing a pattern?)

Golovkin may not have fought many top fighters but he's destroyed anyone willing to step in the ring with him. Can you say the same for any of the current Top MW? I doubt it. Gennady Golovkin is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Why are people talking about Golovkin/Kirkland? That's a ****, one-sided, completely uninteresting fight. Give me a break, I'd have a lot to say against Golovkin if that fight happened.
                    Because HBO brought it up for April.
                    Hoping they send Murray and Geale another offer before they even think about this.
                    But both will most likely be waiting for Sturm

Comment

Sergio Mora, Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, Sam Soliman, Daniel Geale, Fernando Guerrero have all called out GGG
                      5 of them in the last 2 weeks, so much for being ducked, feared etc

After he fights this bum next you know he will be facing chinless journeyman Fernando Guerrero and that is probably at best.

Just double standards, GGG can do no wrong in these peoples eyes. They're contempt on him fighting Honda Engineers, Ghanaian baptists & dinner ladies.

Comment

Working...
                      X