No announcement yet.

Official Bermane Stiverne-Chris Arreola II RbR Discussion & Analysis Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Like I said here ^ after the third or fourth round, the more success Chris was having, the more Vulnerable he was starting to look. He was getting too anxious and reckless and I could tell Stiverne was playing possum, riding the storm and waiting to bite.
    Good call... Chris was having success and on the verge of dominating, but you could tell that stiverne was looking for a big counter... That temple shot was perfect and would finish nearly any fighter.. So hard to survive when your brains and equilibrium are scrambled, and stiverne had plenty of time left in the round to finish him, even with all the ref's stalling tactics

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      Thank you

Comment

• I DVR'd it last night, and I'll watch it tonight. I had concerns about the recording, because ESPN isn't the best in the punctuality department . You're tuning in to watch boxing sometimes, and you're looking at the little league championship .

I added a half hour overrun to the recording to compensate for that, and the early stoppage probably guarantees I got it all, but we'll see...

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Arreola was out jabbing him most of the fight.
          Oh I don't dispute that...but that's not so much because Arreola has a better jab, he was simply throwing it twice as frequently...Stiverne has a good jab of his own from the hip, it's faster and more powerful than Arreola's (WHEN IT LANDS) IMO. Clearly, he would need to throw it more to trouble certain guys in the division, but it's pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
            I DVR'd it last night, and I'll watch it tonight. I had concerns about the recording, because ESPN isn't the best in the punctuality department . You're tuning in to watch boxing sometimes, and you're looking at the little league championship .

I added a half hour overrun to the recording to compensate for that, and the early stoppage probably guarantees I got it all, but we'll see...
            Haha it was a great fight.

Comment

• Who's the best opponent Stiverne could beat?

Comment

• That was a fun fight to watch. Stiverne should try to fight to fight someone else (either Fury or Wilder) before taking on Wlad. Considering how many jabs he took in this fight I just don't see a fight against Klitschko going very well for him. But again, fun fight to watch, and congratulations to Stiverne!

Comment

• Everytime that weak ass jab gets thrown, this is what will happen.

How reminiscent is that of Wilders amateur loss? and don't try tell me he is a different fighter. Hes made zero progress. His jab is still thrown like that.

That is David Price btw

Stiverne will have a counterpunching field day with Windmiller.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Everytime that weak ass jab gets thrown, this is what will happen.

How reminiscent is that of Wilders amateur loss? and don't try tell me he is a different fighter. Hes made zero progress. His jab is still thrown like that.

That is David Price btw

Stiverne will have a counterpunching field day with Windmiller.
                    I think he will too.

But I do think Stiverne gets hit too much trying to be manly.

Comment

• Before I set the DVR recording, I saw that the fight was preceded by the NFL draft coverage. Based on past experience, I thought that this could be trouble . In the past ESPN has shown a willingness to put boxing aside if another event (Little League or Soccer) is running long on time. If they're willing to do this for a little league game, imagine the NFL draft . But to their credit they didnt do it this time, they haulted the draft covedage and gotright to the boxing show on time. Probably only because it was a bigger event.

Anyway, much more bravado than I'm used to seeing out of Stiverne . Arreola was outworking Stiverne in the early rounds. Yet, Stiverne would land these countershots that stopped Arreola in his tracks. I rememeber the KD of the first fight, and it wasn't the same exact punch. That was like a straight right down the middle to Arreola's nose, while this was wrap around punch to the temple.

I'm not for refs hooking the arm of a boxer to stop a fight. The ref hooks Stivern's arm while he was still within countering range of Arreola. Stick your arm in there, jump in there, but never hook an arm.

The ball is in ESPN's court now...did they see the excitement and electricity of a big time boxing show? Enoughto do one once a month or bi-monthly ? Instead of the toughman shows they usually do? Dont get me wrong! The ESPN shows also happen to draw big names for the interviews and studio guests, and thats always been the best part of the show. Bernard will come in a talk about things. But the actual boxing has always been a joke. Hopefully this lights a fire under ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                      X