Collapse
No announcement yet.

pacquiao only worth $35 mill vs floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac vs bradly rematch will do more than floyd's next fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=IMDAZED;14001306]
      Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Of course he does. But Floyd's guarantee is typically around $30m. Manny's is $6m. You do the math.
      thats fine,, i got no problem with floyd making the lion's share of the money in this fight,,

But to think manny is not worth 30-50 mil for this fight is absurd,,, Floyd has no other options plus its the biggest fight in boxing

let manny make his 45 million and floyd can make his 100 million

in your view manny should make 15-20 mil and floyd can make 125 million but why would manny do that if he can make 15-30 million by fighting anyone,,,
      It would be like showtime asking floyd to fight for just the 32 million guarantee for canelo or manny,,, if im floyd im like hell no,, up the money bcause the fight is bigger than your typical floyd-ghost/ortiz/khan fight

The more money generated by the fight, both sides should get more money,,

65/35 is acceptable if im manny's handlers,,, or a 50 million flat fee

Comment

[QUOTE=Sugar Adam Ali;14001324]
        Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

thats fine,, i got no problem with floyd making the lion's share of the money in this fight,,

But to think manny is not worth 30-50 mil for this fight is absurd,,, Floyd has no other options plus its the biggest fight in boxing

let manny make his 45 million and floyd can make his 100 million

in your view manny should make 15-20 mil and floyd can make 125 million but why would manny do that if he can make 15-30 million by fighting anyone,,,
        It would be like showtime asking floyd to fight for just the 32 million guarantee for canelo or manny,,, if im floyd im like hell no,, up the money bcause the fight is bigger than your typical floyd-ghost/ortiz/khan fight

The more money generated by the fight, both sides should get more money,,

65/35 is acceptable if im manny's handlers,,, or a 50 million flat fee
        Exactly...Money May is no dumb-ass. He will pump up Manny and Manny will get his 45-50+ million for the fight. Floyd will get over 70,easily. May will not diss Manny,he doesn't have to.

Even little old blue haired ladies know MoneyMay & Pac.

Burger King,Pepsi, You name it with American sponsorship...=$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
          Pac's guaranteed money has been at least 14 million since 2008. The "purse" has to be filed with NSAC or any commision within 48 hours of fight. Then it gets ammended for tax purposes with "Guaranteed" money.

For example..Pac's purse was only listed at 6 million for Mosely filed with NSAC.It was ammended to 20.4 million "guaranteed"...then 27.2 million was filed without taxes coming out. That does not include the $ 2.4 million that Pacquiao got from sponsorship deals.

Money deals with GBP mainly & gets his cake upfront.
          May got 41 million purse for Canelo and that will be ammended to ....gulp... $$$ 53 million for that fight after his PPV cut and for tax purposes.

This is also why MoneyMay owed the IRS years ago & Pac is having troubles now.

And this is exactly why Manny is having tax Problems...Because Bob is saying he's getting 14-18 million up front...But when the Tax collectors get the official papers its saying he's getting paid way less than whats being reported...

This is the reason Bob refuse to release the Records because it will show what Floyd been saying since 2009.... the Most Manny get's per fight is 6 million!!!

You can't tell the Commission 6 million..and then brag that pac Made 30 million...If Pac was making all that Money why is he always getting loans from Bob???

Dude grossed over 150 million in his career...How come Floyd can Show ESPN Over 100 million in one of his accounts but Pac can't find the 50 million pesos to Pay his taxes???

Comment

[QUOTE=Sugar Adam Ali;14001290]
            Guaranteed him $14m where? Why has his guarantees been under $9mil for his whole career on paper?[/QUOTE]

The facts are, floyd isnt breaking 1.2 million buys with all the other options in front of him,,, khan, garcia etc arent bringing anything to the table much like ortiz and ghost

and if your manny, why fight floyd for the same amount of money you could earn fighting jmm, bradley, ruslan etc...

Talking about bargain position,,,,LOL,, manny is the only guy left to bring blockbuster numbers for floyd

who else is floyd gonna make 100 million with one fight,,, floyd gonna make 100 mil vs broner khan, garcia,, Hell no-- Manny is the only one

And if im manny, then its 65/35 or no deal, because what you guys are offering manny is the same amount he can make fighting bradley, rios, ruslan, jmm etc...
            And floyd would make less fighting khan, broner, etc

bold: you do realize how guarantees work,, they post the low guarantee and then afterwards you get a cut from the ppv money,,, Thats why floyd gets a guarantee of 32 mil vs khan, and if it does over 1.2 million he will get more like 40-45 million,,, same thing with manny and his guarantee, he makes alot more than what is reported to the NSAC
            I think 65-35 or 70-30 is a good fair split. But, do you really expect Arum to accept it? I doubt Floyd would even give him either of these splits, but on the other hand, Arum wouldn't accept it either. Which is why Manny needs to take control of his career in order for this fight to even have a chance of happen. Arum won't accept anything less than 50% or 45%.

Floyd will definitely do whatever it takes to belittle Manny at the negotiating table, but Manny would still end up with his biggest payday against Floyd. But, at the same time, Arum will do the same thing to get his guy an even split even when they don't have the leverage to demand it nor deserves it anymore and that's why this fight will never happen. Bottom line, Floyd and Arum are control freaks, but only one of them has the upper hand to dictate terms.
            Last edited by Carpe Diem; 12-06-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
              pac vs bradly rematch will do more than floyd's next fight.

Rite..You want to Bet on it???

Do you Know how Big the Muslim Population is in America??

Then You have a Muslim fighting the Biggest name in the sport??

I think this might sell more than Hatton in the UK...

And in America I see this doing 1.1-1.3 mill Easily

Comment

[QUOTE=Carpe Diem;14001362]
                Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

I think 65-35 or 70-30 is a good fair split. But, do you really expect Arum to accept it? I doubt Floyd would even give him either of these splits, but on the other hand, Arum wouldn't accept it either. Which is why Manny needs to take control of his career in order for this fight to even have a chance of happen. Arum won't accept anything less than 50% or 45%.

Floyd will definitely do whatever it takes to belittle Manny at the negotiating table, but Manny would still end up with his biggest payday against Floyd. But, at the same time, Arum will do same thing to get his guy an even split even they don't have the leverage to demand it nor deserves it anymore and that's why this fight will never happen. Bottom line, Floyd and Arum are control freaks, but only one of them has the upper hand to dictate terms.
                everything you say is true,, and arum will only agree once he has run out of options on how to make money off manny,, He still has bradley rematch, jmm5, ruslan, maybe alvardo, but in reality after 2014 bob arum will be hard pressed to make serious cash$$$ of manny, as all his big fights will have already been fought, no more barrera, morales, jmm, hatton, cotto, margs, bradley,
                much like how floyd is all out of big names since he beat oscar, hatton, shane, cotto, canelo

when floyd is left with khan, alexander, garcia, broner,
                and manny is left with alvardo, ruslan
                Then i think you will see bob arum try and press for this fight, as its the only way for him to make huge cash off manny

This will play out like lewis-tyson, both had already fought golata, holy, etc and no one left to bring huge $$$ but each other

Comment

Originally posted by WatchForTheHook View Post
                  And this is exactly why Manny is having tax Problems...Because Bob is saying he's getting 14-18 million up front...But when the Tax collectors get the official papers its saying he's getting paid way less than whats being reported...

This is the reason Bob refuse to release the Records because it will show what Floyd been saying since 2009.... the Most Manny get's per fight is 6 million!!!

You can't tell the Commission 6 million..and then brag that pac Made 30 million...If Pac was making all that Money why is he always getting loans from Bob???

Dude grossed over 150 million in his career...How come Floyd can Show ESPN Over 100 million in one of his accounts but Pac can't find the 50 million pesos to Pay his taxes???
                  Pac made 62 million dollars in 2012 according to Forbes & Buisness Weekly. They are both pretty reputable. He made 56.1 million in salary from 2 fights and a shade over 6 million dollars from sponsorship $$. He paid US taxes on 59 million that year,fact.

Comment

You don't go to the negotiating table saying, look we can do 2.5m buys so I deserve...x

You go and show why.

Especially when Floyd can say...why should I pay you that? I did 1.4m with Shane Mosley...that's more than any PPV you've ever done.

I did 1.5m with Miguel Cotto...that's more than any PPV you've ever done.

I did 2.1m with Canelo Alvarez...that's more than any PPV you've ever done.

I did 2.4m with Oscar...that's more than any PPV you've ever done.

You can't even hit 500K. Open your books and show me what you've done since 2011. Or else...I may or may not hit 2m again. But it looks like you won't be hitting 800k any time soon. Beat it.
                    Quantifying what Manny is worth is directly proportional to the amount Floyd would only agree to be guaranteed of in a Pac-Floyd fight.

If Floyd demands a $100M guarantee plus PPV revenues, it would be considered lowballing to offer Pac $45M with no PPV revenues. You don't see Floyd asking $100M for a Canelo fight even how stacked the card is. Saying Pac cannot quantitatively prove the fight is going to make upwards of 2.5M PPVs means Floyd does not deserve a $100M guarantee plus PPV revenues neither.

A 60/40 agreement on all revenues is fair considering the money Floyd will make only with a Pac fight and no one else. Doesn't matter what Manny has or has not done lately. Asking for a $100M guarantee plus PPV means someone has an idea how much more that fight can generate.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                      Quantifying what Manny is worth is directly proportional to the amount Floyd would only agree to be guaranteed of in a Pac-Floyd fight.

If Floyd demands a $100M guarantee plus PPV revenues, it would be considered lowballing to offer Pac $45M with no PPV revenues. You don't see Floyd asking $100M for a Canelo fight even how stacked the card is. Saying Pac cannot quantitatively prove the fight is going to make upwards of 2.5M PPVs means Floyd does not deserve a $100M guarantee plus PPV revenues neither.

A 60/40 agreement on all revenues is fair considering the money Floyd will make only with a Pac fight and no one else. Doesn't matter what Manny has or has not done lately. Asking for a $100M guarantee plus PPV means someone has an idea how much more that fight can generate.
                      I guess. I don't agree and, more importantly, Floyd Mayweather definitely won't. He offered 50-50. He then offered $40 million. And now? After two losses including a one-in-a-generation knockout and abysmal PPV numbers in his return? While you signed an unprecedented deal and are not only the highest paid boxer in the world but the highest paid athlete period? Oh and just came off a fight that makes you the biggest cash cow in boxing history? Yeah, I doubt that.

The sad thing is that Manny deserved better. They could have sold 3 million in 2010. But his handlers were really feeling their oats and did their own thing. I'm sure it fattened their pockets but it looks like Manny got the short end of the stick. Mayweather is not innocent (and like all of us will surely get his comeuppance one day) but don't expect him to lend a helping hand, especially when it means fattening Arum's pockets. You guys should stop worrying about what Manny "deserves" against Mayweather and start worrying about when Arum is gonna decide Manny is too expensive and doesn't return the favor. Because his last big payday could be his next one and faster than you can blink Timothy Bradley will replace him by becoming Bob's new Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X