Collapse
No announcement yet.

pacquiao only worth $35 mill vs floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's simple really... if this fight makes record numbers (a certainty), then that means both fighters have the drawing power. So why give one much less? It takes two to set a new ppv record.

Comment

• Pacquiao deserves at the very least 35-40%. 50/50 split is never ever going to happen now. If Pacquiao is offered 35% he should just take it. But it seems in general Floyd doesn't want the fight by the things he says about him.

Comment

• The 40 million offer Floyd made to Pacquiao was not a serious legal offer. Fights of this size are not handled by the two fighters in a quick phone call. Everything must be legal and in writing with lawyers and all parties involved approving everything. Pacquiao is under contract with Arum and he can't legally take 40 million under the table and cut Arum out or not pay taxes on it. The offer was just another Mayweather stunt for show. He was not going to wire Pacquiao 40 million dollars or even one dollar. He was just talking ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I guess. I don't agree and, more importantly, Floyd Mayweather definitely won't. He offered 50-50. He then offered $40 million. And now? After two losses including a one-in-a-generation knockout and abysmal PPV numbers in his return? While you signed an unprecedented deal and are not only the highest paid boxer in the world but the highest paid athlete period? Oh and just came off a fight that makes you the biggest cash cow in boxing history? Yeah, I doubt that.

The sad thing is that Manny deserved better. They could have sold 3 million in 2010. But his handlers were really feeling their oats and did their own thing. I'm sure it fattened their pockets but it looks like Manny got the short end of the stick. Mayweather is not innocent (and like all of us will surely get his comeuppance one day) but don't expect him to lend a helping hand, especially when it means fattening Arum's pockets. You guys should stop worrying about what Manny "deserves" against Mayweather and start worrying about when Arum is gonna decide Manny is too expensive and doesn't return the favor. Because his last big payday could be his next one and faster than you can blink Timothy Bradley will replace him by becoming Bob's new Floyd Mayweather Jr.
          If Floyd's motive is purely generating money then as a businessman he should have some common sense and respect Manny as another businessman who will help him get what he wants. As I've said nobody else could ever, I say that as in the history of boxing generate Floyd money as much as he would make fighting Pac. No businessman who brings tremendous investment to the table would agree by being only parted 20-30% of revenues when the other businessman is putting only 30% himself as investment but expects 70-80% of revenues for himself. Would you? I mean Floyd would be pulling in American audiences to watch the fight so they can see him get knocked out. That is Floyd's marketability. But there is also the international audience who only knows Pacquiao. Let's face it, outside America and England they don't even know Floyd. Pacquiao is known on all continents. A lump sum sharing of revenue for all present and future revenues is highly disrespectful and non-sensical.

Comment

• Originally posted by unotme View Post
            4 years ago i believed pac deserved a 50/50 split but two loses later and by the numbers the rios fight did I feel like we can all agree he is less popular and his numbers are not even close to Floyds.
            the problem is... Floyd needs to grow balls

Comment

• Originally posted by unotme View Post
              4 years ago i believed pac deserved a 50/50 split but two loses later and by the numbers the rios fight did I feel like we can all agree he is less popular and his numbers are not even close to Floyds.
              Another floydiot alt. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                If Floyd's motive is purely generating money then as a businessman he should have some common sense and respect Manny as another businessman who will help him get what he wants. As I've said nobody else could ever, I say that as in the history of boxing generate Floyd money as much as he would make fighting Pac. No businessman who brings tremendous investment to the table would agree by being only parted 20-30% of revenues when the other businessman is putting only 30% himself as investment but expects 70-80% of revenues for himself. Would you? I mean Floyd would be pulling in American audiences to watch the fight so they can see him get knocked out. That is Floyd's marketability. But there is also the international audience who only knows Pacquiao. Let's face it, outside America and England they don't even know Floyd. Pacquiao is known on all continents. A lump sum sharing of revenue for all present and future revenues is highly disrespectful and non-sensical.
                Smh. My friend, it's not about Floyd Mayweather showing Manny Pacquiao some respect. It's the reverse, actually. And that's what so many fail to see. Respect. He offered 50-50. He offered $40m upfront. And now he's proven his point. LOL @ you guys thinking there is no big fight out there for Floyd that will do 2m. You mean no one here can foresee him doing 1.5m against Garcia next fall and then 2m against Broner after? Only thing he's fighting here is age. If he can hold on, he's about to become an American legend.

The person without options here is Pacquiao. The person who may struggle to hit 1m without Floyd is Pacquiao. The person who appears to be on his last legs is Pacquiao. And the person with barely any bargaining chips is...you guessed it.

Comment

Smh. My friend, it's not about Floyd Mayweather showing Manny Pacquiao some respect. It's the reverse, actually. And that's what so many fail to see. Respect. He offered 50-50. He offered $40m upfront. And now he's proven his point. LOL @ you guys thinking there is no big fight out there for Floyd that will do 2m. You mean no one here can foresee him doing 1.5m against Garcia next fall and then 2m against Broner after? Only thing he's fighting here is age. If he can hold on, he's about to become an American legend.

The person without options here is Pacquiao. The person who may struggle to hit 1m without Floyd is Pacquiao. The person who appears to be on his last legs is Pacquiao. And the person with barely any bargaining chips is...you guessed it.
                  It is like if I offered you 40 grand for your new car in 2009, but you wanted to drive it and enjoy it for a few more years. Now this weekend you call me up and want the 40 grand for the car. Apparently in Pacland I should give you the 40 grand for your car four years later out of respect.

Comment

Sorry bro, Floyd shows no respect to Manny. Why does Floyd treat Manny has if he came from out of nowhere? Since hitting mainstream in the Ledwaba fight his career has been war after war with most being action packed. During his run in the lower weight classes I'm sure even Floyd would not think Manny would make a stand at WW.
                    Manny's only true opponent at WW right after Cotto was always Floyd. But Floyd's roadblocks are well documented as well, history will not be kind to Floyd in the future and I think he knows it.

Comment

You must be kidding if Floyd can generate even 1.5M views fighting either Garcia or Broner. If GB does not put a stellar supporting undercard no way does Floyd make the PPVs he get. The first time he fought without Canelo he didn't even break $1M. Look how desperate Floyd is right now trying to sweet talk Canelo in his interviews. He wants Canelo back on his undercards! Even Mexicans won't give Garcia a chance against Floyd why do you think they would buy it even on a Mexican holiday? And Broner? Broner's a no name with regards to casual boxing fans. He isn't even respected by those near the sport.

Yes, Mayweather owes Manny respect because Manny will bring in money and no one else. Floyd is clearly ducking this fight right now. I am convinced he will only take this fight in the last fight of his career. Because win or lose by that time he would have won a good retirement sum. Remember Floyd's marketability is his 0. Without it he is nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X