No announcement yet.

pacquiao only worth $35 mill vs floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacquiao only worth $35 mill vs floyd

4 years ago i believed pac deserved a 50/50 split but two loses later and by the numbers the rios fight did I feel like we can all agree he is less popular and his numbers are not even close to Floyds.

Probably best to wait until he has another fight in the US before drawing that conclusion.

Comment

Against another arum fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by unotme View Post
        Against another arum fighter?
        probably be lucky to get $30 mil at this point

his stock has gone down ever since that knockout loss and his recent ppv flop

Comment

If Pacquiao gets 35 million that would mean Floyd would get well over 100 million and that is not a fair split at all. Pacquiao is half the reason this is such a big fight. They can't have a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight without Pacquiao. Give Pacquiao about 60 million and Mayweather still makes about 90 million. That is a 60-40 split and fair to both fighters. If I am wrong about this fight making that much money a 60-40 split is still fair. Maybe Pacquiao only gets 50 million and Floyd only gets 75 million that's still fair and Floyd's biggest payday by far. Pacquiao will never accept a lowball offer of 35 million so just forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            If Pacquiao gets 35 million that would mean Floyd would get well over 100 million and that is not a fair split at all. Pacquiao is half the reason this is such a big fight. They can't have a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight without Pacquiao. Give Pacquiao about 60 million and Mayweather still makes about 90 million. That is a 60-40 split and fair to both fighters. If I am wrong about this fight making that much money a 60-40 split is still fair. Maybe Pacquiao only gets 50 million and Floyd only gets 75 million that's still fair and Floyd's biggest payday by far. Pacquiao will never accept a lowball offer of 35 million so just forget about it.
            Pac was saying 60-40 and this was before getting knocked out. Sorry, but your stock doesn't go up AFTER getting KO'ed. I have no idea what is an objectionably fair split of the money, but unless he gets some impressive wins this isn't 2009-2010 where both Pac and Mayweather would have been the event. Nowadays to most this event has simply become another "Can anyone actually beat Mayweather" event. Sure Pac probably has the very best chance of doing that, but him getting KO'ed has taken away most of the allure that he is anything but just another challenger.

Comment

I don't think anyone wants to buy a ppv of a guy that just got Iced vs random TR fighter. He should really take what he can get against Floyd lol he isn't getting underpaid or anything

Comment

Pacquiao can't hit a homerun every pay for view and Floyd can't either. So much depends on the opponent. Pacquiao's fight with Marquez made almost twice as much money as Floyd's fight with Guerrrero.

Comment

Pac accepts $5 million and the fight will still not happen.
                  Floyd has spoken. Pac has to avenge his loses first and
                  join TMT.

Floyd is fighting Khan next.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                    Pac was saying 60-40 and this was before getting knocked out. Sorry, but your stock doesn't go up AFTER getting KO'ed. I have no idea what is an objectionably fair split of the money, but unless he gets some impressive wins this isn't 2009-2010 where both Pac and Mayweather would have been the event. Nowadays to most this event has simply become another "Can anyone actually beat Mayweather" event. Sure Pac probably has the very best chance of doing that, but him getting KO'ed has taken away most of the allure that he is anything but just another challenger.
                    For this fight to happen both fighters have to sign a contract and they won't sign a contract unless they are happy with the terms of that contract. Mayweather will NEVER give Pacquiao a percentage of the money available that Pacquiao will accept. This fight will almost certainly never happen so again I say just forget about it. It is a fantasy fight and that is all it ever will be in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X