No announcement yet.

pacquiao only worth $35 mill vs floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    It is like if I offered you 40 grand for your new car in 2009, but you wanted to drive it and enjoy it for a few more years. Now this weekend you call me up and want the 40 grand for the car. Apparently in Pacland I should give you the 40 grand for your car four years later out of respect.
    Not out of respect but because the car still held a lot of its value even after 4 years and some dings. If you haven't been hiding under a rock the projections out there are that this fight will still gross as the highest PPV ever if it materializes. Threads about this fight still runs at 30 pages minimum. Businessmen from Dubai, Singapore, Philippines, and Macau still send in feelers to make the fight happen in their respective countries. In Floydland where money commands respect this should have been a no -brainer. So what is really holding up the fight? It's not money because it's there and there's tons of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
      You must be kidding if Floyd can generate even 1.5M views fighting either Garcia or Broner. If GB does not put a stellar supporting undercard no way does Floyd make the PPVs he get. The first time he fought without Canelo he didn't even break $1M. Look how desperate Floyd is right now trying to sweet talk Canelo in his interviews. He wants Canelo back on his undercards! Even Mexicans won't give Garcia a chance against Floyd why do you think they would buy it even on a Mexican holiday? And Broner? Broner's a no name with regards to casual boxing fans. He isn't even respected by those near the sport.

Yes, Mayweather owes Manny respect because Manny will bring in money and no one else. Floyd is clearly ducking this fight right now. I am convinced he will only take this fight in the last fight of his career. Because win or lose by that time he would have won a good retirement sum. Remember Floyd's marketability is his 0. Without it he is nothing.
      I must be kidding? Just watch.

Comment

It is like if I offered you 40 grand for your new car in 2009, but you wanted to drive it and enjoy it for a few more years. Now this weekend you call me up and want the 40 grand for the car. Apparently in Pacland I should give you the 40 grand for your car four years later out of respect.
        LOL definitely in Pacland because that's not how the real world works

Comment

• The irony of diehard Pac fans talking about respect. The same group that spent their first year watching boxing posting about bananas and monkeys on SRR youtube videos simply because people said he was greater than Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
            Not out of respect but because the car still held a lot of its value even after 4 years and some dings. If you haven't been hiding under a rock the projections out there are that this fight will still gross as the highest PPV ever if it materializes. Threads about this fight still runs at 30 pages minimum. Businessmen from Dubai, Singapore, Philippines, and Macau still send in feelers to make the fight happen in their respective countries. In Floydland where money commands respect this should have been a no -brainer. So what is really holding up the fight? It's not money because it's there and there's tons of it.
            Don't forget Joe Jackson. Also, you're crazy if you think this fight would be anywhere but the MGM Grand. What investors from Singapore and Dubai? The ones Arum needs to talk to for the fight to happen? If Pac is as naive as his fans it is no wonder he is nearly broke.

Comment

Don't forget Joe Jackson. Also, you're crazy if you think this fight would be anywhere but the MGM Grand. What investors from Singapore and Dubai? The ones Arum needs to talk to for the fight to happen? If Pac is as naive as his fans it is no wonder he is nearly broke.
              What other excuses?

Comment

The irony of diehard Pac fans talking about respect. The same group that spent their first year watching boxing posting about bananas and monkeys on SRR youtube videos simply because people said he was greater than Pac.
                How about the boxer who called this feared boxer yellow and asked to prepare him sushi? Feared boxer didn't even trash talk one bit and he got called racist names? Why not fight in the ring rather than streaming videos and twitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Would never happen because I'd have to give it to GB they're not scrimps unlike Arum when it comes to undercards. Still, Floyd can't sell on his own. He's not exciting. People want to see him knocked out flat on the canvass shamed to his ass and not dance around for 12 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Dude you are in total fantasy land if you think floyd-broner, garcia, khan does anywhere near 1.5 mil or 2 mil

look at the fights that hit 1.5 or higher

shane-floyd
                    floyd-oscar
                    floyd-canelo
                    floyd-cotto

now look at the ones that did around 1 mil
                    floyd-hatton
                    floyd-ghost
                    floyd-jmm
                    floyd-ortiz

The difference between the numbers is that when floyd fights another big name that can headline a ppv without floyd ie cotto, canelo, oscar, shane-- those guys can all headline a ppv without floyd, so combined they do huge blockbusters

guys that cant headline a ppv without floyd and just riding floyds coattails like ortiz, ghost, hatton they do somewhere around a mil buyrate..

Broner, garcia, khan, are good fighters and a fight with floyd would do 800k-1.2 mil,,,, Not bad but no blockbuster

its safe to assume that manny vs anyone ie rios will do 400k plus, and floyd vs anyone would do 800k plus

But there is no way that broner or garcia is going to bring enough eyeballs to hit 1.5 or 2 mil,,,
                    Guys like shane and cotto spent many many years taking tough fights, building there name, and its an insult to them to think that floyd could do their numbers with less accomplished fighters like garcia and broner at this moment in time,,,

Not saying that broner or garcia couldnt become as big as cotto n shane, but it takes years and many big fights to land on that cotto/shane level

Comment

• Originally posted by unotme View Post
                      4 years ago i believed pac deserved a 50/50 split but two loses later and by the numbers the rios fight did I feel like we can all agree he is less popular and his numbers are not even close to Floyds.
                      At least Pacquiao give the public an entertaining fight... he is more active & gives a good show... on the other hand mayweather just does potshots/shoulder roll... No Action. floyd says: Remember kids safety 1st.

Comment

Working...
                      X