Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime exec says he'll reach out about a Pac May fight. It's TIME!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... I suspect that Floyd can't argue with Showtime -- unless he denounces the contract... It's Showtime which has to provide the purse money, so Showtime must provide lucrative fights... If Showtime choses Manny, Manny it is...
    He's on a one fight deal for up to 6 fights I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
      Showtime is running out of options for Floyd. They're trying to avert another Guerrero-type flop. They probably realized Floyd on his own can't lay golden eggs.
      Thats right. I would think showtime will pressure Floyd and people tend to forget that Floyd only started to draw when he fought De La hoya. At the end of the day Floyd will indeed run out of options because the marketplace does not love him unconditionally! Gatti could have signed to fight Big Bird and he would pack a show....Mayweather depends on people seeing the possability of defeat.

As Louis was wont to say when discussing his opponents "he can run but he cannot hide".... Sure Floyd can run to fight Kahn because Kahn is popular in England, but after that he has to answer to Showtime. Showtime knows that a Bradley fight would be ****. Floyd is running out of options.

Comment

Floyd and his entourage only goes for cherry-picking!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/11/13/did-mayweather-just-admit-eluding-pacquiao?fb_action_ids=10201090948383201&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[197282927116986]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[]

Did your master just **** himself in the mouth again?

Comment

Floyd doesnt have to fight all 6 fights. He can walk away whenever he wants so, no, showtime cant make him fight.

Comment

"I am pushing myself to the limit right now" - Floyd's comment about fighting Canelo.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Thats right. I would think showtime will pressure Floyd and people tend to forget that Floyd only started to draw when he fought De La hoya. At the end of the day Floyd will indeed run out of options because the marketplace does not love him unconditionally! Gatti could have signed to fight Big Bird and he would pack a show....Mayweather depends on people seeing the possability of defeat.

As Louis was wont to say when discussing his opponents "he can run but he cannot hide".... Sure Floyd can run to fight Kahn because Kahn is popular in England, but after that he has to answer to Showtime. Showtime knows that a Bradley fight would be ****. Floyd is running out of options.

Stop with the whole cliche that Floyd did`nt star to draw till he fought De la hoya.Before Floyd fought De la hoya,Floyd already had 3 successful PPV`s and it was against fighters who wasn`t big PPV fighters.Floyd vs Delahoya broke PPV records with the help of Floyd.Oscar never did anywhere near 2.5 million without Floyd as the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
                Not sure if the blame is solely with Floyd but what I can't understand is how shook his fans are of this fight. Even now that Pac has declined. It's a very winnable fight for their boy but they desperately reach for excuses as soon as this fight gets mentioned. Makes no sense to me.

Floyd fans are more scared of losing that 0 than Floyd himself.

You Pac fans seem afraid of Pacquiao fighting without his roids.That`s why you clowns was so defensive when Pac refused testing.I`m a Floyd fan and i want to see this fight.Just because Floyd fans are skeptical of the fight happening-partly because of Bob Arum not wanting his prize possession getting humiliated-that don`t mean we don`t want to see the fight happen.You Pac fans are getting dumber and dumber by the second,soon you people gonna need somebody to help ya`ll cross the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                  He's on a one fight deal for up to 6 fights I believe.
                  Yes. According to this deal Showtime is granting Floyd no less $40 million per fight... They lost money on Guerrero fight so they made the Canelo fight out of desperation... After that fight I've posted here that Showtime was quite short of big PPV options, namely: Manny, Bradley, Khan (in this order). And, so far, we heard rumors about Khan and (now) Manny...

Comment

Only way they make money off of a Khan fight is if it in the UK. Nobody wants that bulls** over here so they need to try to push the Pac fight just like the Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
                      Only way they make money off of a Khan fight is if it in the UK. Nobody wants that bulls** over here so they need to try to push the Pac fight just like the Canelo fight.
                      ... Was it that difficult?

Comment

Working...
                      X