Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime exec says he'll reach out about a Pac May fight. It's TIME!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Disagree. Won't Showtime get some cash for syndicating it in the UK? The UK money would probably pay Khans purse and half the promo costs alone. I think it's a big money fight especially if Khan can get a big win beforehand. Khan is a marketable commodity imo especially so if matched with Floyd.

That said though Showtime is def keen on Manny vs Floyd. How could they not be when there is four fights to go? Who else can Floyd fight???
    Sure, if the UK can carry the whole thing financially they'll be good. That's all they need. They can worry about the US and the rest of the world on a different one.

Comment

Hope the fight happens sooner or later so Floyd can skool the midget arm for 12 rounds

Pac aint gonna land nothing, swing and miss all night and countered with big rights

It will be a one sided fight and Pac fanboys will cry how Pac wasn't in his prime

Comment

Not gonna happen. Mayweather isn't going to put money in Arum's pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Hope the fight happens sooner or later so Floyd can skool the midget arm for 12 rounds

Pac aint gonna land nothing, swing and miss all night and countered with big rights

It will be a one sided fight and Pac fanboys will cry how Pac wasn't in his prime
          This is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Sure, if the UK can carry the whole thing financially they'll be good. That's all they need. They can worry about the US and the rest of the world on a different one.

Floyd will get about 1.1m with Khan. Add in the UK and it will make money.

Comment

May: I want 24 hour surveillance everywhere Pac goes or there's no fight.

Pac: Oh no, I afraid of cameras!!

NOTE: Normally I would have typed Floyd speaking Vernacular African American and Manny with his Asian accent but the mods have made it clear that my "casual racism" will no longer be tolerated. Sorry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                Not gonna happen. Mayweather isn't going to put money in Arum's pockets.
                ... I suspect that Floyd can't argue with Showtime -- unless he denounces the contract... It's Showtime which has to provide the purse money, so Showtime must provide lucrative fights... If Showtime choses Manny, Manny it is...

Comment

These two have just about run out of legitimate options. I guess if it were to happen, it would be now before next year gave them some fresh new options.

Doubt it happens though. No reason either side would back down now.

Comment

It is not time. The time has passed, this fight should've happened in 2009-2010, or maybe 2011. In 2014 it's way too late, and I hope it doesn't happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                      It is not time. The time has passed, this fight should've happened in 2009-2010, or maybe 2011. In 2014 it's way too late, and I hope it doesn't happen now.
                      ... If they can hype and sell the fight it means it's not too late...
                      ... These guys don't hold other more lucrative options anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X