Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to believe, but people here are really trying to bring sound arguments meant to illustrate just how interesting a Khan fight would be...

Comment

• It really sucks for Mayweather that his two only realistic options are Maidana and Khan. I don't really understand how all the people who say Broner was a massive hype-job suddenly say Maidana is the more 'credible' option. What for? For beating a lightweight?

Admittedly, Maidana has looked better since joining up with Garcia - but he's still been outboxed by both Khan and Alexander. He just beat up a small guy who has no business at 147. Not taking anything away from his win, because it was a good win, but it shouldn't lead to the biggest fight in boxing. Maidana has lost every time he stepped up to elite level in his division (if you count Alexander elite) and Mayweather would outpoint him easily. Just like he did with Guerrero and Canelo.

I'm not saying Khan is more deservant of a fight, because he isn't especially - but he's on par with Maidana. But at least he brings something a little different to the table and poses a threat Mayweather hasn't been faced with before.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        It really sucks for Mayweather that his two only realistic options are Maidana and Khan. I don't really understand how all the people who say Broner was a massive hype-job suddenly say Maidana is the more 'credible' option. What for? For beating a lightweight?

Admittedly, Maidana has looked better since joining up with Garcia - but he's still been outboxed by both Khan and Alexander. He just beat up a small guy who has no business at 147. Not taking anything away from his win, because it was a good win, but it shouldn't lead to the biggest fight in boxing. Maidana has lost every time he stepped up to elite level in his division (if you count Alexander elite) and Mayweather would outpoint him easily. Just like he did with Guerrero and Canelo.

I'm not saying Khan is more deservant of a fight, because he isn't especially - but he's on par with Maidana. But at least he brings something a little different to the table and poses a threat Mayweather hasn't been faced with before.
        I can't see how logically he can be on par with Maidana at this moment in time.

Maidana's a titlst at 147 and coming off a string of impressive victories whereas Khan's coming off 2 loss's and two underwhelming wins against unranked opponents.

As for Broner being a lightweight. I don't think a guy that comes to the ring over 20 lbs above the Lightweight limit is a Lightweight.

Comment

• This fight is already signed I bet you. They are already promoting the fight. Senior also did let it slip in a recent interview before trying to cover his tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanRise View Post
            Only, I don't over rate him or find him boring. He is easily the greatest fighter of this era imo. I am a massive Mayweather fan but I draw the line at fan boyism.

Khan does make sense in regards to money but numbers will also drop in PPV as somewhat of a boycott effect. I am absolutely sure of that.

He will fight Khan at some point, maybe even in September 2014 but before or after that, who would you consider a 'good' or better opponent than Khan is the sense of revenue?

If he fights him now he still has that same problem come September. Who will 'deserve' or get the fight then?
            I think you misinterpreted my post...it wasn't a complaint towards Floyd, moreso me wondering why people still complain about Floyd & what he's doing or who he's fighting if they don't like him. I understand the standard ppv wise Floyd has & what showtime finds acceptable...there's good fighters out there that don't bring the necessary things to the table to make them a must have fight. If 500-800k was the standard then a lot more guys would fit the criteria.

Comment

• Mayweather loses stock if he is unable to knock out Amir. This fight is pure nonsense.

Comment

• Khan right now is a terrible option imo. He will get knocked out. Do people really think if Danny Garcia and Julio Diaz were able to time him the greatest counter puncher in the sport won't be able to? It's just not gonna end well for him and there's no reason for it. Maidana is a better option. I don't care that khan sc****d by him in a close fight years ago. Imo khan was better then and Maidana has improved. He's a welterweight titlist on a winning streak. Khan has no fights at welter. Maidana knocks khan out cold in a rematch and is a bigger draw in the US.

Comment

• I truly hope it's Maidana; but I'm mentally prepared for it to be Khan. Khan is nervous because he knows if he doesn't get the fight he has to wait another year to be mentioned again.

Comment

• I tend to think Khan won't get the fight; just a theory of mine if some how he managed to beat Floyd it would take a year for the rematch since Floyd is booked for Sept. Khan can''t make a September date with Ramadan over summer that 30 days he couldn't train.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      That's your opinion. "Well known" is irrelevant, numbers and projected numbers for PPV is more relevant, matchmakers are hell bent on putting the fight on. Again apart from Pacman no fighter brings the money to the table that Showtime and Mayweather wants. Moreover Khan is more loved over there than here in the UK.
                      Almost nobody knows or cares who Khan is over here. The PPV will not sell here for ****, just so you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X