No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Marquez May Have Won if Held in The East

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Marquez May Have Won if Held in The East

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum believes that if the WBO welterweight title fight in which Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley beat Juan Manuel Marquez by a twelve round split decision was held in the Eastern United States, Marquez would have won by seven rounds to five.

In a conversation with BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard about the griping of Marquez and trainer “Nacho” Beristain about the decision, Arum said that Marquez may be losing fans because of his griping but that “when Mexicans score a fight and in the US East they would have scored the fight for Marquez because he landed the more telling blows and was continuously the aggressor.”

In the West Arum said “Bradley would have won because he landed more punches.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dear Arum, Nacho and Whine Manuel,

all 3 of you just need to STFU already

sincerely,

everyone

Comment

Bradley won clearly... was faster & accurate... plus almost knocked down marquez on last second of the fight.

Comment

C'mon already....

Even Pacquiao and Freddie were done after the post fight conference and kept it moving and they ACTUALLY have an argument that Manny won.

Comment

Now i havent seen the fight but from what ive heard it seems Arum is trying to sway the public into thinking this fight was closer than it was. He has a way of manipulating the masses.

Comment

JMM lost me with that post fight shhh and so did Nacho. You expected legends to show more grace, it's one reason I appreciated Pacquaio after the Bradley fight..he left it to the public to decide who won kept it simple and really never spoke much about it. Same goes for Bryan Vera in the Chavez Jr fight. You know you take a risk everytime it goes to the scorecards, it's part of the game. I like JMM but to claim he's been robbed 6 times is ludicrous, he's been on the plus side of some decisions but he's never complained about those.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Now i havent seen the fight but from what ive heard it seems Arum is trying to sway the public into thinking this fight was closer than it was. He has a way of manipulating the masses.
              He's got a 5th fight between Pac and Marquez to promote. We all know that's the fight he wants even before Bradley/Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Dear Arum, Nacho and Whine Manuel,

all 3 of you just need to STFU already

sincerely,

everyone
                Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
                  Bradley won clearly... was faster & accurate... plus almost knocked down marquez on last second of the fight.
                  Marquez was more accurate in both total punches and power punches.

I'll tell you what Bradley won though, the jabbing contest.If that's your thing, then yeah, TM and his 82 jabs landed really "schooled/outclassed" JMM.

Comment

West coast judges wouldn't take the bribe?

At least 2 of them

Comment

Working...
                    X