Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Marquez May Have Won if Held in The East

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Bobfather. I'm used to hearing Arum blow smoke and contradict himself, but did he really contradict himself in the same interview or the writer misquote him?

In the beginning of the article he states that Marquez would have won in East because they score for aggression and by the end of the article he was saying the East doesn't score that way....

Comment

paulie broner was in the east and they didnt give it to paulie

Comment

Doesn't matter where the fight took place, JMM got schooled

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          paulie broner was in the east and they didnt give it to paulie
          Exactly...Chavez fought Vera in Cali & got the decision. This isn't about location. & that's the point. Bradley never fought pac nearly as well as jmm & got a decision. All the close rds that existed between bradley & jmm sat. & bradly gets the decision. I think once jmm broke thru he expected to get those kind of decisions & it simply infuriated him that he was on the short end.

Bradley is a good fighter & fought the way that gave him the best chance to win. simple as that. Once again it didn't win him any fans or new admirers. Maybe he'll get another big fight tho.

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
            nobody got schooled....knock it off.

Comment

This wasn't an amateur bout this was a professional bout Bradley jabbed and ran like a bytch Marquez was the aggressor and landed the better blows

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
                YEah i think bradley was scared to engage thats more like it. i punch her e and there bradley

Comment

When you consider how good Marquez is he really got taught a boxing lesson. Bradley fought beautifully the first 8 rounds and therefore won the fight. He controlled the action with faster punches and an accurate jab. Marquez should shut up about getting robbed all the time, you lost to Manny twice and you lost to Bradley get over it man!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Marquez was more accurate in both total punches and power punches.

I'll tell you what Bradley won though, the jabbing contest.If that's your thing, then yeah, TM and his 82 jabs landed really "schooled/outclassed" JMM.
                    JMM got popped up by plenty of counter right hands, uppercuts, and left hooks in addition to all those jabs. Marquez got outpunched and outboxed.

Comment

I really wanted JMM to win and I repeatedly said he would outclass Bradley on these boards. He did not. Bradley fought smarter and was too quick for him. That should have been plain for any objective fan to see. JMM's reflexes were not there; partly due to age, partly due to Bradley's speed and style. Not sure what a reasonable score is for this fight, since several rounds could have gone either way, depending on what you like to see in a fight, but Bradley definitely deserved the decision. JMM and Nacho are embarassing themselves with the complaints.

Comment

Working...
                      X