Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Can Guide Miguel Cotto to Beat Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So demolishing journey men is all it takes for people to believe Cotto is back to his 140 self?

Let him fight someone of note before he gets all the accolades in the world

Comment

"Why a catchweight? We're big enough."

Hope those words doesn't bite him in the @ss

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        So demolishing journey men is all it takes for people to believe Cotto is back to his 140 self?

not every fight has to be vs a superstar. He just looked refreshed and fast/strong.

Comment

I don't know what Roach thinks he sees but Im sure Team Martinez will take this fight instantly because when Martinez connects to Cotto's jaw he's going to sleep and I don't see it taking too long. Cotto hasn't been a beast @ 54 but he suppose to be one @ 60? Yeah right. People act like Cotto wasn't suppose to KO Rodriguez.

Comment

Agree - let's not crown him King yet. Nevertheless, it was the best possible outcome for Cotto, and even sweeter because very few were expecting an early knockout. Rodriguez also hadn't been knocked out in a long, long time, so it was reassuring to see Cotto's power carry so emphatically to 154.

I'm happy for the guy. He's one of the good ones in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              I would rather see Cotto go down to 147 than move up to 160

I would too but Cotto clearly doesn't want any part of 147 because if he did he wouldn't have realigned himself with Top Prank. From his "GB and Top Prank need to talk" statement I'd say he wants no part of GB fighters because he knows thats not gonna happen.

Comment

At a catch weight!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                  I don't know what Roach thinks he sees but Im sure Team Martinez will take this fight instantly because when Martinez connects to Cotto's jaw he's going to sleep and I don't see it taking too long. Cotto hasn't been a beast @ 54 but he suppose to be one @ 60? Yeah right. People act like Cotto wasn't suppose to KO Rodriguez.
                  Well, maybe he was supposed to KO Rodriguez...I'm not sure. He wasn't supposed to KO him by the beginning of the 3rd round. That kind of explosiveness, even against a journeyman, is impressive.
                  Last edited by bigjer88; 10-06-2013, 04:34 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    Replace that 4 inches and 20 pounds with boxing skills and a jab. There, now he doesn't have the disadvantages that Chumpedz had.
                    Exactly and Sergio has been getting dropped his last four to five fights! Dude is overrated to me. Cotto is a way better boxer than him. The one advantage Sergio has is size that is all. And Cotto know's how to cut off the ring as well.

Comment

Cotto will lose to Martinez and hire Virgil Hunter for his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X