Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Can Guide Miguel Cotto to Beat Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought just a few days ago roach was saying cotto's best weight is at 47 now he wants him at 60. no way cotto beats martinez at 60. martinez was dropped by big middleweight martinez is way to fluid and fast imo he would bust cotto up bad

Comment

Freddie Roach must be going for a cash out lol no way Cotto beats Martinez even a injured Martinez. I'm not buying it Cotto KO'd Tom Hanks last night that **** don't count lol

Comment

if he is big enough for "maravilla" he is big enough for Triple GGG

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
          Now that cotto is on steroids he has a much better chance.
          You win the prize for most thoughtless comment on this thread.

Comment

Don't believe the hype. Martinez would school, embarrass and send Cotto to la la land via KO. No way Cotto beats Sergio Martinez. Funny to me that people say Martinez is past it because he had one bad night but before he beat the breaks off Chavez Jr, got caught with a big punch, got up and went out banging. All of a sudden Martinez is done as a top tier fighter? Boxing fans nowadays be riding wagons off and on. Cotto would have no chance against Martinez because there is no way Cotto will be fast or strong enough to humble Sergio in the ring. Martinez would put Cotto's lights out and I'm willing to bet all of my points on that match in favor of Martinez. People acting like Cotto really wanted it with Martinez but a little while ago he was talking about Martinez might not make financial sense.
            Last edited by GRUSTLER; 10-06-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I think Cotto should fight Carlos Molina. I know people don't think of Molina as a great fighter because of his ugly style but he beat most of the top JMW's. Molina is a natural JMW but he's not big for that weight class and he's not a puncher.

I think Cotto can beat him. It would be tough fight no doubt because of Molina's awkward style but I think Cotto has the better skills and would handle him well in the clinches. And IF Cotto beats him, he deserves credit.

I know Cotto's probably looking for a big money fight but I think Sergio's too big for him, same thing with Canelo. I think Cotto's a better boxer than Canelo but Alvarez is bigger, stronger and in his prime.

Comment

I would rather see Cotto go down to 147 than move up to 160

Comment

i loved that performance by miguel. even if you legitimately [not for the sake of saying, 'i knew that was going to happen to a bum'] predicted a knockout victory, i don't think anybody expected Cotto to win in that fashion. But watching cotto in the ring, one of the first things i thought was, 'this guy can still make 47.' So when Freddie says they're big enough for 160, i don't know wtf he's talking about? Cotto's not big at 54, why not try to at least get a catchweight?

I would love to watch this fight however. canelo sounds good and all, but that 4th division versus the undisputed best at 160 is the choice i'd make.

Comment

Still rather see Cotto at 147 where he has more options and people his size.

Although I do give him a good chance vs Canelo. But not a healthy Martinez.

Comment

Great athlete, but there's *****s in his armor and Roach sees weakness...you've said the same things last time and look what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X