No announcement yet.

Cleverly: 'I Want A Rematch with Kovalev!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the old "everything was going to plan until i got caught"

What is it with british fighters they always use that line.

No cleverly, you got bullied and soundly beaten from start to finish.

Comment

If it was me I'd get a low key win under my belt, wait for bellew to get blasted out by Stevenson, then try and make that rematch. Re-establish himself as the best light heavy in Britain. I'm sure that fight could be for some BS WBA inter title. After that the winner could chase shumenov, with the money warren (or Hearn for bellew) could put up with stadium backing I'm sure the WBA would finally pressure Beibut into fighting a live body.

That's the route I'd take,walking straight back into a fight with Kovalev is career suicide, people can recover from KO losses without avenging them, hell look at khan.

Comment

Career suicide. He can't beat Kovalev. He does not have the tools and does not have enough pop to command Kovalevs respect.

Comment

didn't know nathan had suicidal tendencies

Comment

I was watching Boxnation, Bellew vs Stevenson and they had Nathan Cleverly on as a guest and he was talking about moving up to cruiserweight. I really think Kovalev has left him with long term damage.

I would say he should go after Enzo as it would sell well & such but again I think that is a risky fight for him. He just doesn't have the power for his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Ah, the old "everything was going to plan until i got caught"

What is it with british fighters they always use that line.

No cleverly, you got bullied and soundly beaten from start to finish.
              It makes no sense in this case. At no point was Cleverly in control or even winning rounds, let alone the fight.

Comment

If Cleverly wants a Kovalev rematch he needs to give D-MAC a rematch first.

Comment

He is being brave but stup1d. HE should take another route and work towards that fight again

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                    I respect the balls but his head is on backwards.
                    ^ I'm struggling to think of a better way to put it

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      It makes no sense in this case. At no point was Cleverly in control or even winning rounds, let alone the fight.
                      The saddest thing is, if you saw his interviews later, he appeared to think he was doing rather well, perhaps even winning, but was just unlucky to get caught...

I wonder if he's actually watched the fight footage.

No, Nathan, just....no. I'm sure Enzo would love to fight you though.

Comment

Working...
                      X