Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens Predictions & Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man GGG a chump! Stevens gon smoke his ass fo real...

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Brotha View Post
      Man GGG a chump! Stevens gon smoke his ass fo real...
      Hi MANIAC310

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Macklin is barely top 10 at best
        Macklin is currently #6 TBR and #7 Ring (#6 when Golovkin fought him).

I get the impression from your posts that it doesn't matter who Golovkin beats in the MW division, you're not willing to give him much credit for it.

Comment

It's funny because after the Ishida fight...... even the biggest trolls here (Frank Ducketts) were calling for Golovkin to fight someone with a pulse/ranked fighter, etc..... One of the names people kept bringing up was Macklin. No joke, I bet if anyone does a quick search they will see..... (Even Ducketts was calling for Macklin and like everyone else said he'll/they'll reserve judgment until he fights a guy like Macklin)

Well, we all know how that fight ended, and unfortunately we're back to square one and Macklin is dismissed as a journeyman..... After that fight was over, there was never any mention about Macklin being a guy who will finally test him/good win, etc... again.

Now I'm not one of those idiots here proclaming Golovkin to have an ATG resume or anything, but I can see him having the "Kovalev effect" throughout his career, no matter who he fights:

if he was to dominate and stop all opponents, they won't be good wins/golovkin won't be legit...... all those opponents will just be dismissed as bums.

I.e.... Kovalev obliterated Campillo and Cleverly (White as well who is a decent boxer with a couple of decent wins) and not only is Kovalev not getting the small amound of credit he deserved, but Campillo sucks, jet lagged, etc..... Cleverly is/was overhyped, exposed, etc....

Now any sensible fan knows that simply is not true, but it is what it is.

Very unfortunate.
          Last edited by King_; 10-30-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            I.e.... Kovalev obliterated Campillo and Cleverly (White as well who is a decent boxer with a couple of decent wins) and not only is Kovalev not getting the small amount of credit he deserved, but Campillo sucks, jet lagged, etc..... Cleverly is/was overhyped, exposed, etc....
            Kovalev has actually had a great year, better than Golovkin's. I'm actually not sure why he doesn't get as much attention. With boxing centred in the US I think it's difficult to get universal credit without beating a good US champion. For example, I think Adonis Stevenson is taken more seriously for beating Dawson and Cloud, than the Spanish Campillo and Welsh Cleverly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              Kovalev has actually had a great year, better than Golovkin's. I'm actually not sure why he doesn't get as much attention. With boxing centred in the US I think it's difficult to get universal credit without beating a good US champion. For example, I think Adonis Stevenson is taken more seriously for beating Dawson and Cloud, than the Spanish Campillo and Welsh Cleverly.
              Oh without a doubt. Kovalev has had a fantastic year, as you know Campillo was arguably unified champ at 175, Cleverly is/was a top 10 at 175 (I've said many times I think he beats most at 175. But him-kovalev can fight 100 times and it'll end up the same way IMO) and I expected him to run through White the way he did but White is a decent boxer and beat a nice Cuban (Yordanis Despaigne)

That's very silly and unfortunate, but I'm going to have to agree about the beating of a US champ thing. But also keep in mind his only HBO fight was against Cleverly so Golovkin might get more attention because he's been on mainstream US tv a bit longer (obviously not as many people watch fights on NBC/NBC sports)

Sillakh is a very skilled boxer and if Kovalev beats him as well..... that's 4 very solid wins for a guy on the rise with only 21 pro fights.

Like I said though, most will just dismiss those 4 guys as bums and overhyped, etc..... Instead of saying the opposite- Kovalev is just that good, or good enough to run through 3, top 25-10 guys so quickly.

That's kind of how I feel about Golovkin-Macklin... look people can say whatever they want now, but most of the same people dismissing Macklin now, were indeed calling for Golovkin to fight someone like Macklin to get a gauge on how good he really is. If Macklin would of went 10+ rounds though, Golovkin would of been called overhyped, etc... He's going to be damned if he does damned if he doesn't. Golovkin's best bet is to keep doing what he's doing- be willing to fight any and everyone and wait for HBO to get him the good fights (Barker, Geale, Martinez, Froch, Ward 168)

Although I will say, I am almost positive if Golovkin fights Barker or Geale and if he was to KO them early, the same things will be said about them.
              Last edited by King_; 10-30-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                Macklin is currently #6 TBR and #7 Ring (#6 when Golovkin fought him).

I get the impression from your posts that it doesn't matter who Golovkin beats in the MW division, you're not willing to give him much credit for it.
                If I remember correctly, dan had a thread about Macklin giving Golovkin a tough fight or a good fight or something. Really seems like he does not like Golovkin.

Comment

How you going to go from this:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=601972

to hating on the win so much?

Comment

I'm surprised anyone is so worried about Stevens causing an upset. He has a fast powerful left hook but what else? He landed beautifully on Ayala and Roman with it by punching in between their punches, do people think that will happen successfully against Golovkin? This is a classic case of being scared by a fighter's power but Stevens won't land the big shot and will probably get beat down very quick before he gets much opportuinity to even throw the big shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
                      I'm surprised anyone is so worried about Stevens causing an upset. He has a fast powerful left hook but what else? He landed beautifully on Ayala and Roman with it by punching in between their punches, do people think that will happen successfully against Golovkin? This is a classic case of being scared by a fighter's power but Stevens won't land the big shot and will probably get beat down very quick before he gets much opportuinity to even throw the big shots.
                      My worry is because I just had such a humbling experience with Matthysse. Obviously Curtis Stevens is no Danny Garcia and Golovkin is smarter and more skilled than Lucas, but a big "what if?" is in the back of my mind.

I feel good that GGG is going to slaughter Stevens in a couple rounds, but it's hard for me to be supremely confident at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X