No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens Predictions & Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    So was Macklin trash before the Martinez fight or did he turn into trash in between the Martinez and GGG fights? Let's be precise here.

GGG gets frustrated when he's forced to pressure? Pressuring is what he loves to do, you don't have to force him lol. He looks like one of the best in this department, cuts off the ring beautifully, knows how to trap you and open you up.

You think he's never faced a good boxer during his 400 fight amateur career?

I would buy that, if you applied that same level of criticism to Matthyse and Chakhiev, but you clearly didn't. You were driving the bandwagons even though both guys are technically inferior to GGG. So what gives? Is it because you're a Martinez fan and you hate the fact that GGG stole the spotlight from your boy? What's going on?
    Light_Speed = THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Yea, no offense Dan, but you're riding Golokin pretty hard compared to Matthysse and Chakiev
      You guys should be wondering about his criticism of Golovkin compared to his bold statements about Rigondeaux prior to the Donaire win. Rigondeaux wasn't proven at all, looked good beating up on no hopers and questionable competition, had a couple of shaky performances, yet he didn't criticize Rigo nearly as much as he is Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        You guys should be wondering about his criticism of Golovkin compared to his bold statements about Rigondeaux prior to the Donaire win. Rigondeaux wasn't proven at all, looked good beating up on no hopers and questionable competition, had a couple of shaky performances, yet he didn't criticize Rigo nearly as much as he is Golovkin.
        Nah, I remember that.
        Also the 122 division wasn't that strong at the time either, least I don't remember it being that strong.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          That wasn't a prime Sturm or Sergio though. Macklin is a solid borderline world level fighter and nothing more.
          Good fighter, nothing special and will always fall short against legitimate world class opposition.
          Hes a gatekeeper to world level really and that was more Macklins doing than anything he clearly wasn't their mentally and fought **** scared.
          If you blast out a solid "borderline world level" fighter in 3 rounds I think you're probably the goods. And "wasn't there mentally"? Macklin looked fine until GGG returned fire, and a round or so later he showed some courage again and tried to get respect. That's hard to do when you're totally outgunned.

Apparently the whole division is **** and so GGG won't even have the opportunity to prove you wrong, so are we gonna have to hear this **** for a few more years, even after he's possibly beaten the best names he could? And yeah, I was on board with you and Rigo but Rigo undoubtedly looked more vulnerable than GGG ever has in a few fights before Donaire and despite that you still picked him to school a top 5 P4P fighter. I felt he would too, but I think that was much more risky of a prediction at the time than GGG turning out to be the real deal.

Comment

Dan has Darren Barker and Sergio Martinez as his current fav fighters in this "****ty" division. GGG clearly represents a real threat to those guys, so you all shall understand his feelings.

Comment

why do people try to post objectively and out themselves in their signature?

Comment

Its clear as day its a stale division waiting to be cleared out.

You've got Pirog out through injury, Sergio who needs to retire, Sturm who is old & past prime, Chavez Jr who is undedicated & just moved up and there is no real talent coming through

He may well clear it out & again I am not saying he is **** just at this time he is not worthy of anywhere the praise he gets though I don't think he is as good as people make out.

Hes never had his chin checked.
                Never fought anybody remotely decent.
                Hes had it all his own way due to the poor opposition he has faced.

Hes an unknown quantity that hasn't had to handle any adversity.
                You weren't so skeptical of Rigo despite a meager record before Donaire. And whatever struggles GGG had with Rosado (lol), Rigo struggled a lot worse with Cordoba and Marroquin.

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
                  Dan has Darren Barker and Sergio Martinez as his current fav fighters in this "****ty" division. GGG clearly represents a real threat to those guys, so you all shall understand his feelings.

I'm not a glory supporter, I support fighters win, lose, draw. I'm not a guy who is scared to pick against a fighter I back & I don't hold grudges if a certain fighter beats a fighter I back.

I think he stops Barker and stops current Sergio who is simply done at the top level for my liking.

I just feel that everybody is blinded by this unproven power puncher. He has power, good placement, hes great at cutting a ring off, hes got good balance, he sets his shots up well but I am just not seeing what everybody is.
                  I don't look at a guys strengths I look at their weaknesses and with Golovkin I don't feel his defense is good at all, I think he marks up very easily as well.
                  No head movement, it gets me how much he hunches over & nobody even dares throw the uppercut hes so vulnerable to.
                  Hes only getting away with such because the guys in front of him are duds.

Look where his left glove is at all times. Look where his head is. Round 5 vs Rosado
                  Hes nothing special. He sure as hell isn't what hes hyped upto be.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    You weren't so skeptical of Rigo despite a meager record before Donaire. And whatever struggles GGG had with Rosado (lol), Rigo struggled a lot worse with Cordoba and Marroquin.

And wasn't I right about Rigondeaux? I also recall getting mocked a lot beforehand for hyping him, breaking down the fight and such.

Rigondeaux had beaten multiple undefeated fighters, done rounds against a variety of styles, beaten a world champion & former world champion and that came to not just his style vs Donaires but the talent level was clear as day.

With Golovkin I see a guy feasting on bums. Look at his opponents win-loss-draw columns. He hasn't fought anybody undefeated! Not only guy who wasn't stopped before & usually a bag of times. Hes fighting nobodies with around a dozen losses and several by stoppage that aren't even ranked at this stage with that pedigree and you expect me to praise the guy?

Also to add all the above about Rigondeaux, a European champion as well and now hes unified and destroyed a top 10 P4P level fighter in only 12 pro fights where Golovkin has almost 3 times that and still hasn't fought a decent fighter, one guy who might of been top 10, majority of them totally unranked and several was light middleweight journeymen.

Comment

And wasn't I right about Rigondeaux? I also recall getting mocked a lot beforehand for hyping him, breaking down the fight and such.

Rigondeaux had beaten multiple undefeated fighters, done rounds against a variety of styles, beaten a world champion & former world champion and that came to not just his style vs Donaires but the talent level was clear as day.

With Golovkin I see a guy feasting on bums. Look at his opponents win-loss-draw columns. He hasn't fought anybody undefeated! Not only guy who wasn't stopped before & usually a bag of times. Hes fighting nobodies with around a dozen losses and several by stoppage that aren't even ranked at this stage with that pedigree and you expect me to praise the guy?

Also to add all the above about Rigondeaux, a European champion as well and now hes unified and destroyed a top 10 P4P level fighter in only 12 pro fights where Golovkin has almost 3 times that and still hasn't fought a decent fighter, one guy who might of been top 10, majority of them totally unranked and several was light middleweight journeymen.
                      You were sold on the guy whose best win was Rico Ramos, and who struggled with Cordoba and Marroquin way worse than GGG vs Rosado. So you were right about one unproven guy. Maybe everyone else is right about the other unproven guy. It's not like you have some extra insight, you did a lot of hyping of Lucas and Chakhiev.

Comment

Working...
                      X