No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens Predictions & Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Rosado and Macklin are trash? What does that say about Quillin and the so-called lineal champ Martinez who struggled with that same trash?

Donaire-esque? Huh? He has nothing in common with Donaire, he's mostly pro-active in the ring while Donaire is mostly reactive, and he's fundamentally sound while Donaire is unorthodox. That comment is puzzling.

They are trash. Rosado is a light middle and barely top 10 and Macklin is barely top 10 at best, he might not even be a top 3 middleweight in the U.K alone!

Sergio beat a younger, fresher Macklin. Sergio is old and on the slide and I don't buy just because a fighter dealt with someone better a year or two later they're better. Its a triangle theory. Its easy to break a rock once its already been cracked.

Hes like Donaire when he is forced to pressure. Gets frustrated when shown movement, telegraphs shots leaving himself wide open. Hes Donaire-esque at times, a poor mans Chavez clone.
    Rosado showed me he can be outboxed and Rosado really isn't that good of a boxer, hes a boxer second. When he faces a decent boxer who isn't scared to death or contempt on shelling up on the ropes he'll get unbuttoned IMO
    I am not saying Pirog would win but hes capable. I think a disciplined Jacobs if his chin holds up is another.

I just don't think hes all that. Just don't let the guy set himself. I seen Rosado outboxing him in parts, turning him and frustrating him. He looked very beatable to me and he is a damn sucker for the uppercut. I see flaws, I don't think his defense is anywhere near as good as people, pundits, experts might want to make out, hes just fought nobody willing to take any risks apart from Ouma & Rosado in parts and when they did let their hands go, they couldn't miss. In fact I'd of liked to of seen Rosado put some combinations together instead of single shots. He had good success but was to a bit too respectful - He probably would of got stopped sooner as hes not that good I'd of just liked to of seen him believe in himself a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      They are trash. Rosado is a light middle and barely top 10 and Macklin is barely top 10 at best, he might not even be a top 3 middleweight in the U.K alone!

Sergio beat a younger, fresher Macklin. Sergio is old and on the slide and I don't buy just because a fighter dealt with someone better a year or two later they're better. Its a triangle theory. Its easy to break a rock once its already been cracked.
      So was Macklin trash before the Martinez fight or did he turn into trash in between the Martinez and GGG fights? Let's be precise here.

Hes like Donaire when he is forced to pressure. Gets frustrated when shown movement, telegraphs shots leaving himself wide open. Hes Donaire-esque at times, a poor mans Chavez clone.
      GGG gets frustrated when he's forced to pressure? Pressuring is what he loves to do, you don't have to force him lol. He looks like one of the best in this department, cuts off the ring beautifully, knows how to trap you and open you up.

Rosado showed me he can be outboxed and Rosado really isn't that good of a boxer, hes a boxer second. When he faces a decent boxer who isn't scared to death or contempt on shelling up on the ropes he'll get unbuttoned IMO
      You think he's never faced a good boxer during his 400 fight amateur career?

I just don't think hes all that. Just don't let the guy set himself. I seen Rosado outboxing him in parts, turning him and frustrating him. He looked very beatable to me and he is a damn sucker for the uppercut. I see flaws, I don't think his defense is anywhere near as good as people, pundits, experts might want to make out, hes just fought nobody willing to take any risks apart from Ouma & Rosado in parts and when they did let their hands go, they couldn't miss. In fact I'd of liked to of seen Rosado put some combinations together instead of single shots. He had good success but was to a bit too respectful - He probably would of got stopped sooner as hes not that good I'd of just liked to of seen him believe in himself a bit more.
      I would buy that, if you applied that same level of criticism to Matthyse and Chakhiev, but you clearly didn't. You were driving the bandwagons even though both guys are technically inferior to GGG. So what gives? Is it because you're a Martinez fan and you hate the fact that GGG stole the spotlight from your boy? What's going on?
      Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-29-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

So was Macklin trash before the Martinez fight or did he turn into trash in between the Martinez and GGG fights? Let's be precise here.

GGG gets frustrated when he's forced to pressure? Pressuring is what he loves to do, you don't have to force him lol. He looks like one of the best in this department, cuts off the ring beautifully, knows how to trap you and open you up.

I would buy that, if you applied that same level of criticism to Matthyse and Chakhiev, but you clearly didn't. You were driving the bandwagons even though both guys are technically inferior to GGG. So what gives? Is it because you're a Martinez and you hate the fact that GGG stole the spotlight from your boy? What's going on?
        Yea, no offense Dan, but you're riding Golokin pretty hard compared to Matthysse and Chakiev

Comment

I would buy that, if you applied that same level of criticism to Matthyse and Chakhiev, but you clearly didn't. You were driving the bandwagons even though both guys are technically inferior to GGG. So what gives? Is it because you're a Martinez and you hate the fact that GGG stole the spotlight from your boy? What's going on?

I'm on board with this completely.

I usually like Dan's posts but to have hyped up Matthysse the way he did and not recognize someone much worthier of hype in terms of skill like GGG is pretty hypocritical. Lucas had fought good competition, sure, but Gennady was an extremely high-quality amateur and Olympic medalist.

GGG's skills are what impress me most. He cuts of the ring beautifully and has excellent footwork and positioning. He's not easy to hit cleanly, but anyone playing hunter like he does is bound to sacrifice a bit of defense. Golovkin is certainly the goods and that's just waiting to become even more obvious when he's able to finally get the top names in with him.
          Last edited by samouraï; 10-30-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
            I'm on board with this completely.

I usually like Dan's posts but to have hyped up Matthysse the way he did and not recognize someone much worthier of hype in terms of skill like GGG is pretty hypocritical. Lucas had fought good competition, sure, but Gennady was an extremely high-quality amateur and Olympic gold medalist.

GGG's skills are what impress me most. He cuts of the ring beautifully and has excellent footwork and positioning. He's not easy to hit cleanly, but anyone playing hunter like he does is bound to sacrifice a bit of defense. Golovkin is certainly the goods and that's just waiting to become even more obvious when he's able to finally get the top names in with him.
            Silver. Just sayin'. Agree on everything else.

Comment

I like different boxers for different reasons. I don't care if a guy has zero amateur experience if I like what I see I will support them.

Besides despite an olympic gold medal from Rakhim; Golovkin had 3 times the amount of fights that Lucas & Rakhim had. Both guys in well under the amount of pro fights Golovkin has was far more proven.

With Golovkin I feel he is extremely overhyped & I personally do not think he is all that considering his experience. Hes a very effective pressure fighter in a dead division who is yet to fight anybody of note at all, what so ever, point blank, period.
              Many fighters get tons of **** despite not maybe having much amateur experience, why does this guy get a pass? ''Oh he beat Bute in like 1993 in the amateurs''
              Big fu.cking deal! You realise Curtis Stevens has 250 amateur wins under his belt as well and also beat some very well known names and decent amateurs?

The whole point is I think Golovkin is decent but it p1sses me off frankly that people want to talk like he is unbeatable and you can't even hurt the guy etc
              I don't think hes anywhere near as good as people claim myself and I stand by that and I don't get why he gets this special treatment.
              You'll see if Stevens don't get blown away; oh he was sick, ill in bed all week.
              Or just maybe he isn't quite at the level you all make out. One HBO pundit says it, the whole world believes it.

The hype is crazy. Its out of hand and the way people talk about him you'd think he wasn't even human. I heard it all with Khan, Donaire etc

Wake me up when he does something worthy of some praise because right now hes nomore proven in the pro ranks than 200 other fighters.

Comment

I like different boxers for different reasons. I don't care if a guy has zero amateur experience if I like what I see I will support them.

Besides despite an olympic gold medal from Rakhim; Golovkin had 3 times the amount of fights that Lucas & Rakhim had. Both guys in well under the amount of pro fights Golovkin has was far more proven.

With Golovkin I feel he is extremely overhyped & I personally do not think he is all that considering his experience. Hes a very effective pressure fighter in a dead division who is yet to fight anybody of note at all, what so ever, point blank, period.
                Many fighters get tons of **** despite not maybe having much amateur experience, why does this guy get a pass? ''Oh he beat Bute in like 1993 in the amateurs''
                Big fu.cking deal! You realise Curtis Stevens has 250 amateur wins under his belt as well and also beat some very well known names and decent amateurs?

The whole point is I think Golovkin is decent but it p1sses me off frankly that people want to talk like he is unbeatable and you can't even hurt the guy etc
                I don't think hes anywhere near as good as people claim myself and I stand by that and I don't get why he gets this special treatment.
                You'll see if Stevens don't get blown away; oh he was sick, ill in bed all week.
                Or just maybe he isn't quite at the level you all make out. One HBO pundit says it, the whole world believes it.

The hype is crazy. Its out of hand and the way people talk about him you'd think he wasn't even human. I heard it all with Khan, Donaire etc

Wake me up when he does something worthy of some praise because right now hes nomore proven in the pro ranks than 200 other fighters.
                Good thing you threw in his division sucks just in case he cleans it out you will still have that one excuse.

Comment

After losing to GGG Macklin is now a nobody I see...

Dude almost won a middleweight title but was robbed against Sturm, he gave Martinez hell and was outboxing him before Martinez turned his game up. He may be the third best middleweight in England at this moment but that doesn't mean he's a complete bum or a nobody or anything. And GGG smoked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
                    Good thing you threw in his division sucks just in case he cleans it out you will still have that one excuse.

Its clear as day its a stale division waiting to be cleared out.

You've got Pirog out through injury, Sergio who needs to retire, Sturm who is old & past prime, Chavez Jr who is undedicated & just moved up and there is no real talent coming through

He may well clear it out & again I am not saying he is **** just at this time he is not worthy of anywhere the praise he gets though I don't think he is as good as people make out.

Hes never had his chin checked.
                    Never fought anybody remotely decent.
                    Hes had it all his own way due to the poor opposition he has faced.

Hes an unknown quantity that hasn't had to handle any adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
                      After losing to GGG Macklin is now a nobody I see...

Dude almost won a middleweight title but was robbed against Sturm, he gave Martinez hell and was outboxing him before Martinez turned his game up. He may be the third best middleweight in England at this moment but that doesn't mean he's a complete bum or a nobody or anything. And GGG smoked him out.

That wasn't a prime Sturm or Sergio though. Macklin is a solid borderline world level fighter and nothing more.
                      Good fighter, nothing special and will always fall short against legitimate world class opposition.
                      Hes a gatekeeper to world level really and that was more Macklins doing than anything he clearly wasn't their mentally and fought **** scared.

Comment

Working...
                      X