No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: No Robbery, Burns-Beltran Was Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    Well that is the only way to score a fight, round by round.

Provodnikov fcked up Bradley but Bradley still won more rounds and the fight. Burns didn't win the fight but he won at least enough to make it close.
    I know, my point was that every scorecard should have the fight close and yet there was seemingly a clear winner. Just as it is possible to have a close fight and the scorecard to be 120-108.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      I know, my point was that every scorecard should have the fight close and yet there was seemingly a clear winner. Just as it is possible to have a close fight and the scorecard to be 120-108.
      Yeah I felt Cotto-Floyd was close during most of the rounds but had Floyd by 9 rounds to 3.

Comment

Pathetic sophistic...

Comment

What do you expect from a scoring system that's incredibly open to interpretation by both judges and referees?

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
            It was a close fight scorecard wise as boxing is scored on 12 individual self-contained rounds but there should have been a clear winner in Beltran.
            honestly outside of the first round i really can see beltran winning every other round except for 1 maybe 2 rounds. Bums flurries were comical and the crowd reaction to them was even funnier. that being said he did show heart though

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              Beltran works with Memo Heredia, not great "people's champ" points.
              Your a idiot. Beltran looked the same as always. I suppose Beltran busted Ricky's jaw because of memo. It had nothing to do with the fact that Ray landed everything he threw at him.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 southpaw View Post
                honestly outside of the first round i really can see beltran winning every other round except for 1 maybe 2 rounds. Bums flurries were comical and the crowd reaction to them was even funnier. that being said he did show heart though
                Rounds 1 and 7 were clear Burns rounds, 6 was fairly clear. 2,3,5,11,12 were close. Beltran was eating jabs all night, i suspect the judge that had it for Burns really put great stock in these jabs. Beltran landed a lot of left hooks to the body but even more were being blocked. 115-112 Burns was not how I saw it, but I could see it that way if I put more stock on jabs and believed more body shots were missing from Beltran.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Pathetic sophistic...
                  at least sophists got paid

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                    Your a idiot. Beltran looked the same as always. I suppose Beltran busted Ricky's jaw because of memo. It had nothing to do with the fact that Ray landed everything he threw at him.
                    If you are going to call someone else an idiot at least get your "you're"s right....

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                      Your a idiot.

Beltran looked the same as always. I suppose Beltran busted Ricky's jaw because of memo. It had nothing to do with the fact that Ray landed everything he threw at him.
                      I didn't say any of that, merely that any professional fighter who works with a suspect supposed "strength and conditioning" coach is hardly setting a firm grounding as the "people's champ".

Just imagine if Pacquiao worked with Heredia...but it's okay for Beltran to do so without testing or question.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X