Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vid: Ellerbe claims an article on BoxingScene is what made the fight a Catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, before I go, it seems the only documentation backing up what Leonard Ellerbe claims in the video clip is an article from the fall of 2011! I felt he made it sound like something that had taken place recently -- in the past few weeks or possibly months.

Comment

as Rosado once said ellerb1tch needs to shut the funk up, he's just a spit bucket guy

Comment

Lol that was a couple a of years ago!!!

Mayweather Declined that offer and fought someone else.

They're the ones who wanted the Catchweight now, nearly two years later. Canelo said it himself that they wanted it at 154, but Mayweather wanted the catchweight.

Well if Canelo looses, Im discrediting Floyd "The Catchweight King" Mayweather, but, If Canelo wins he'll get all the credit for accepting Mayweathers redicoulus demands. Especially after he tried to dicredit Pacquiao for 4 years because he fought guys at Catchweights.

Comment

Floyd is full of mierda!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
            Ah ... thanks, Weebler. I was wondering ...

later update: But wait, I don't read anything about "152" in there. Am I missing something?

still later update: In fact it says that "They (i.e. Canelo's camp) did propose the idea of having a catch-weight, which Mayweather rejected." ??

THIS IS CORN-FUZING!!
            I'm guessing the idea of a catch-weight was never actually relayed to Team Mayweather, the first they heard of it was this article. Basically I think the trainer spoke on negotiations without knowing the full details.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Has nothing to do with who asked for it, it has to do with Floyd accepting it in the first place, he said he refused to fight Cotto at a catchweight or Oscar because he wanted them healthy and that Cotto was drained and undefeated because he fought a cheat in margarito and was weaken by Pacman at catchweight, he kept going on and on and on as well as his fans for yearss calling Pacman catchweight king. yet Floyd is not even getting scolded for fighting JMM at catchweight first and than missing weight. yet somehow pacman was the catchweight king and the bad guy.

Its why the flowmos are the worst fanbase in boxing, they lack logic, at least with pactars you just get guys you know are fanatical but don't go around claiming they are scientists of the sport.
              Possibly the biggest fight of Canelo's career, why would Oscar, Schafer, Canelo, Nelo's training staff all agree to fight "the best P4P" at anything other than his best.

They know that Floyd is desperate for this fight cause is Floyd's biggest realistic money fight, the advantage was on Canelo's side and they fumbled big time.

We could sit here and do the blame game all day, and it still won't negate the fact that Canelo agreed to something he didn't have to when he was in the driver's seat.

Comment

"I want to fight my opponents at the weight that they feel comfortable with so there are no excuses after the fight" - Floyd Joy Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  "I want to fight my opponents at the weight that they feel comfortable with so there are no excuses after the fight" - Floyd Joy Mayweather
                  Floyd is the biggest con job, its why the majority of ones who defend him happened to do so unconditionally because most of them never had a father figure or male role model in the home or they do it for racial bias purpose.

I critique everyone, I never understood those who keep saying don't ever talk bad about your own people! it makes you look like a sell out or UT. So if someone is a ducker, clown, arrogant prick, liar, we shouldn't criticizing them because they are the same ethnicity or race as us? F that.

Comment

I remember Ellerbe saying only a fighter knows what it's like to lose 1-2 pounds on the scales as the result of a catch weight. Also how Cotto was a dead man walking against Pacquiao. I assume he holds the same standards and beliefs for Canelo?

"He was a dead man walking when he went into the ring," Ellerbe said. "The casual fan doesn't know what difference one or two pounds can make when a fighter is already down to weight. Fighters know."
                    "That's one thing Floyd make perfectly clear to us," Ellerbe said. "He didn't want to fight him at a catchweight, he wanted to fight him at the weight. Sometimes, you don't get full credit when you fight at a catchweight. Floyd wanted to make sure Miguel was comfortable."
                    "floyd aint neva gonna get credit"
                    Last edited by thuggery; 08-30-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

just looking at ellerbe's big nostrils, i know he's nothing but an ugly con man.

Comment

Working...
                      X