No announcement yet.

Dirty Little Boxing Secrets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hop View Post
    I think Foreman would have beaten Ali in a rematch.
    Cassius Clay would beat Muhammad Ali the way Ali beat Cleveland Willaims

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard won the first Duran fight.

Comment

Esteban De Jesus is the most underrated fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
          I thought Bradley outworked Pac enough in many rounds to earn a close decision....
          When I saw the fight live, I scored it a draw and expected them to give it to Pac. I was as shocked as everyone else when Bradley got the nod. Honestly, I think Manny took a lot of rounds off and wasn't active enough.
          Exactly how I had it.

Comment

Diosbelys Hurtado most underrated cuban pro. Well better than Casamayor

Comment

Old school fighters get overrated in H2H comparisons.

Comment

I believe Floyd has used PEDs. The 3 failed tests and his contract with USADA make Md even more suspicious.

Comment

This is not a "dirty secret", but in general I think people are often too quick to say that a particular athlete in a certain sport (e.g. football) would have made a great boxer. I think this assessment takes discernment on the part of a knowledgeable boxing fan.

Having said that, I am going to make one such suggestion that I think is legit. Russell Westbrook (PG for the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder), I believe, could've made a world-class fighter. Not only does he have the physical body, athletic skills galore, and fast reflexes, I think he's got that intangible crazy/killer mentality as well. Reminds me of a taller, light heavyweight version of Gerald McClellan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                    This is not a "dirty secret", but in general I think people are often too quick to say that a particular athlete in a certain sport (e.g. football) would have made a great boxer. I think this assessment takes discernment on the part of a knowledgeable boxing fan.

Having said that, I am going to make one such suggestion that I think is legit. Russell Westbrook (PG for the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder), I believe, could've made a world-class fighter. Not only does he have the physical body, athletic skills galore, and fast reflexes, I think he's got that intangible crazy/killer mentality as well. Reminds me of a taller, light heavyweight version of Gerald McClellan.

I would also argue Ali could have been the greatest basketball player ever. He'd teach Lebron a thing or 2 about athleticism.

Comment

Clottey received a big redundancy payment from Bob and retired to the Bahamas for a job well done .

Margos boxing license was refused by the commission but Bob bought it under the table in Texas .

Margo said in an interview that he was promised the Pac fight 2 weeks before Bob created an internet countdown for a Floyd vs Pac fight while Floyd was on vacation with his family .

Comment

Working...
                      X