Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirty Little Boxing Secrets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones is one of the most over hyped fighters in boxing.

He had a new style that worked well for a while, but after Tarver took him to the ropes we found out that Roy couldn't handle pressure. After that Roy lost his confidence, and became very beatable.

Comment

• I find the lighter weight classes (126 and below) BORING! I'm not sure why. I watch a lot of the fights, however. I just can't have a favorite fighter or even weight class.

Anyone want to educate me on the lower weight classes? I like Mares and Rigo, but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        I find the lighter weight classes (126 and below) BORING! I'm not sure why. I watch a lot of the fights, however. I just can't have a favorite fighter or even weight class.

Anyone want to educate me on the lower weight classes? I like Mares and Rigo, but that's about it.
        Juan Francisco Estrada is pretty damn good if you're looking at small guys. Look to the japanese scene too as they have a few guys making a lot noise.

Comment

• Confession: I would not recognize Al Haymon if I saw him. Would you guys? Funny, I know what Leonard Ellerbe, Richard Schaefer, and Sam Watson all look like, but not Mr. Haymon. Is he just more behind the scenes?

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER HANDS View Post
            Roy Jones is one of the most over hyped fighters in boxing.

He had a new style that worked well for a while, but after Tarver took him to the ropes we found out that Roy couldn't handle pressure. After that Roy lost his confidence, and became very beatable.
            After moving down from heavyweight, Roy was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hop View Post
              Confession: I would not recognize Al Haymon if I saw him. Would you guys? Funny, I know what Leonard Ellerbe, Richard Schaefer, and Sam Watson all look like, but not Mr. Haymon. Is he just more behind the scenes?

He's ringisde to a bit of fights, just got to keep your eyes open. I rewatched Taylor-Pavlikkk I last night, he's there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Barrera View Post
                He's ringisde at a few fights, just got to keep your eyes open. I rewatched Taylor-Pavlik I last night, he's there.
                Ah, I see. Here he is ...

Al Haymon (for any who like me aren't familiar)

Surprised I haven't seen him interviewed more. Probably prefers it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                  I thought Bradley outworked Pac enough in many rounds to earn a close decision....
                  When I saw the fight live, I scored it a draw and expected them to give it to Pac. I was as shocked as everyone else when Bradley got the nod. Honestly, I think Manny took a lot of rounds off and wasn't active enough.
                  A thousand times this. WAR BRADLEY!!!!

Comment

• A real dirty boxing secret:

Timothy Bradley skips leg day.

Comment

• Belts dont mean **** in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X