No announcement yet.

"Mayweather doesn't fight like a man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    So he got all those wins by fighting like a woman. That's saying some of your favorite boxers got beaten by a girlie man. This is just too funny.
    Exactly, lmao.

Comment

dont really care if a fighter runs and tries to score points ..my bigggest complain about floyd is , he is a b1tch .. id rather see him running around or whatever than talk a lot of **** then make a lot of exuses to why he wont fight ...

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Very few people will stick around for a football game in which one team leads the other by 50 points at the end of the third quarter. The fight was a blowout. That is why people left.

Larry Merchant has no credibility. He said before the Baldomir fight that Baldomir was too strong and too big for Mayweather and he felt that Mayweather would lose. About half-way through the fight, after Floyd had dominated every minute of every round, Merchant started complaining about how boring the fight was and how people were leaving.

Merchant didn't acknowledge Mayweather as the P4P best fighter at the time of the Baldomir fight and Mayweather did not establish himself as the biggest draw in boxing until after the De La Hoya fight. Also, Merchant has never had anything positive to say about Mayweather and he was definitely lying about never having seen a top boxer half-fill an arena. He said something about the small crowd at the Mayweather/Corrales fight, the Mayweather/Castille fight, the Mosley/Forest fight at a time in which Mosley was regarded as the P4P best fighter. He has mentioned numerous other times as well prior to and after the Mayweather fight, about a fight featuring a top boxer not selling well.
        Listen James, to say that Larry Merchant has no credibility is simply too ridiculous for words. Regardless of what you say he said, he has the biggest reputation for acuity and veracity in the country and has had for the past 40 years.

Merchant wasn't complaining about the fight being boring because HE was bored. He was working for HBO don't forget and he saw people leaving the arena, as I recall some of them were very well known celebrities who were serious fight fans (Stallone??) and very properly pointed it out. It was a very newsworthy point. I don't recall Merchant saying that Baldomir would beat Mayweather although I recall that some writers said it was possible. Maybe you are mixing them up. It's hard to believe that an expert like Merchant would think that a journeyman like Baldomir with about 10 losses and a half-dozen draws, would beat a slick fighter like Mayweather. If he did, well it was a silly comment. Yet experts are wrong every minute of the day and this will never change.

As Jimmy Durante said "They said Mozart was mad, they said Schubert was mad, they said Louie was mad.." and they all yelled out..."WHO'S LOUIE"; Schnozzola replied " .... he's my uncle, he WAS mad...". We can't win them all.

And whilst we're talking about "credibility" let me ask you something; didn't Mayweather fight Zab Judah before he fought Baldomir, when Judah was coming off the Baldomir loss just 3 months before? I recall that Judah had a stinker of a Baldomir fight and was in very dperessed mental situation when he fought Mayweather. Just the right sort of opponent that the Mayweather Brains Trust would pick.....

It doesn't sound like what the all conquering hero that you seem to think Mayweather is, should do.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Very few people will stick around for a football game in which one team leads the other by 50 points at the end of the third quarter. The fight was a blowout. That is why people left.

Larry Merchant has no credibility. He said before the Baldomir fight that Baldomir was too strong and too big for Mayweather and he felt that Mayweather would lose. About half-way through the fight, after Floyd had dominated every minute of every round, Merchant started complaining about how boring the fight was and how people were leaving.

Merchant didn't acknowledge Mayweather as the P4P best fighter at the time of the Baldomir fight and Mayweather did not establish himself as the biggest draw in boxing until after the De La Hoya fight. Also, Merchant has never had anything positive to say about Mayweather and he was definitely lying about never having seen a top boxer half-fill an arena. He said something about the small crowd at the Mayweather/Corrales fight, the Mayweather/Castille fight, the Mosley/Forest fight at a time in which Mosley was regarded as the P4P best fighter. He has mentioned numerous other times as well prior to and after the Mayweather fight, about a fight featuring a top boxer not selling well.
          Merchant was talking about it being habitual. Also, Mayweather was making far more talk about himself than any of the fighters you mention, who were actually a bit quiet about themselves and rather modest than otherwise. Mayweather was always boasting and bumphing away like a steam engine and grabbing for attention like a 5 year old jealous kid. It's possible that this trait brought him more to Merchant's attention.

I recall the matter with clarity as if I'd seen it 5 minutes ago. Merchant was NOT complaining, he was pointing out an anomaly to the others, something which astonished him. I think it was brought to his attention by the camera crew who had picked up those walking out, which he probably saw on a monitor.

Comment

i have more respect for quitters like guerrero , ortiz , cintron , angulo , etc than i do for floyd ..coz atleast these guys went in the ring ...

this is the reason why floyd will never get the type of respect he longs for ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Keni Styles View Post
              just wait till you see him spoil the canelo fight like he did the guerrero fight.

every time robert tried to fight on the inside, floyd excessively held robert's left hand with his right.

referee never gave floyd a single warning for holding.

Same thing will happen with the canelo fight. It will be a spoiling, holding, clinch fest by floyd. That's why i never have paid for a floyd ppv fight.

Fighters who employ that style dont deserve ppv fights.
              You need to watch the fight again as well Guerrero vs Berto...then you can make a more accurate post...Guerrero whole MO is hold and hit!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                dont really care if a fighter runs and tries to score points ..my bigggest complain about floyd is , he is a b1tch .. id rather see him running around or whatever than talk a lot of **** then make a lot of exuses to why he wont fight ...
                agreed... I thought after the DLH fight he'd fight everyone we wanted him to fight because he got his pay day... but instead he just continued to duck and avoid and cherrypick

Comment

Respect him yes as a fighter tons of respect and doing what he does is amazing but is it seen as a manly style to the public no. Its seen more as a ***** style.

Comment

Shoulder roll is a very hard technique to master. I've tried it a lot of times and I was getting hit a lot. People who says Mayweather is a b*tch or whatever because he doesn't take punishments or some weird **** like that. Trust me, he took a lot of punishment practicing that technique. Now he doesn't take punishment because he mastered it.

Comment

Floyd has not been in a boring fight since the Baldomir fight. When it comes to you guys favorite fighters, when your favorite fighter loses or puts forth a dull performance, it's always the other guy. You can never say that about Floyd. Attack him, and see what you get. Fighters have so much respect for Floyd that when they do attack, they either can't sustain it, land, or draw him into a brawl.

Comment

Working...
                      X