Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most non athletes would make a dumb statement like that

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      All I'm saying is, the man is willing to step to you allowing you to throw first.. he's giving you the first punch..
      lol what ****** **** is that? floyd doesn't take a lead or take a step forward to close the gap if that's what you mean.

in fact, he always take a step back and counter...for a defensive fighter that's normal and nothing extraordinary.

Comment

just wait till you see him spoil the canelo fight like he did the guerrero fight.

every time robert tried to fight on the inside, floyd excessively held robert's left hand with his right.

referee never gave floyd a single warning for holding.

Same thing will happen with the canelo fight. It will be a spoiling, holding, clinch fest by floyd. That's why i never have paid for a floyd ppv fight.

Fighters who employ that style dont deserve ppv fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastico View Post
          floyd aint a man. everybody knows that.
          ^^^^

Wait...Floyd is a man?

Comment

LMFAO at the idiots who suggest a SKILLED BOXER should "STAND TOE TO TOE" and just throw everything they learned since they was a kid basically...OUT OF THE WINDOW

Mayweather is actually very smart in that Aspect by never allowing the fans or boxing media to effect the way he fights in the ring. But also his Trash Talking and ability to draw attention to himself allows him to get away with a lot of things. It is a lot easier to be the Villain then it is to be the Hero!

But at the same time for thos that know boxing already knows that Mayweather style mostly get criticized by people who are just desperate to see him lose. Mayweather style is far from Boring to me, I love watching SKilled Boxers Put On A Clinic. I Blame the Opponents who doesn't know how to Cut off the Ring and doesn't know how to penetrate his defense more so then I do Mayweather when a fight gets boring. Rigondeaux, Ward, Mayweather guys like that who use their SKILLS, all you have to do is look at the fans who Criticize them the most...And That Usually explains it all!
            Last edited by sicko; 07-24-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              A lot of people say Mayweather doesn't fight like a man, toe to toe, etc..

I wonder how many people have actually been in the gym when they say that. In experience, fighting defensively especially in May's style is TOUGH. You're in there, sometimes even in the pocket.. Not throwing back waiting for your counters.. that's real scary **** to do.

I've always felt safer throwing down, than waiting in the ring.
              Nobody should hate on any style it take balls to get in the ring but its easy as **** to be a key board warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterNeversoft View Post
                Mayweather doesn't take the lead role in fights. Men take the lead.

Mayweather waits for his opponent to make the first move and Floyd works off that like a Woman.

Counter punching and No combinations.
                Well said lol...

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  lol what ****** **** is that? floyd doesn't take a lead or take a step forward to close the gap if that's what you mean.

in fact, he always take a step back and counter...for a defensive fighter that's normal and nothing extraordinary.
                  Step in the ring and try shoulder rolling the person in front of you, avoiding their punches by a whisker so that you can pull counter etc. It has been said before but he suffers from making things look to easy. It is a difficult style to perfect because it leaves you feeling so exposed to danger.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Step in the ring and try shoulder rolling the person in front of you, avoiding their punches by a whisker so that you can pull counter etc. It has been said before but he suffers from making things look to easy. It is a difficult style to perfect because it leaves you feeling so exposed to danger.
                    This exactly, people think shelling up automatically makes you impenetrable. I could guarantee anyone who thinks the philly shell is an easy defense, I could guarantee you even a first weeker at a gym could crack your shell if you tried it.

Remember when Floyd was fighting Cotto and started shooting around the guard with his right? We need versatile thinking like that for someone to give May a real fight.

Comment

26 womanly knockouts over four weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                      X