No announcement yet.

"Mayweather doesn't fight like a man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    All I'm saying is, the man is willing to step to you allowing you to throw first.. he's giving you the first punch..

this is the post i quoted before you 2 got off tangent and took my post out of context. if you can't get in the flow of discussion don't ****ing reply to my post. he's a defensive fighter so of course most of the time his opponents take the lead. he allows it but not in the sense that he's the one taking the risk. talking like he's giving his opponent a favor by doing that is moronic.

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
    Lol try shoulder rolling then. I remember I tried it once and got my **** wrecked. It's hard to do it, takes alot of practice.
    who said it's easy?

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I thought I did a good job of explaining my point. Even though he is a defensive fighter the style of defense he employs can be very dangerous and actually takes a lot of courage to use. I understand that I'm speaking to a lot of bums who would not understand the inner turmoil of trying something that has a high reward, but can go horribly wrong and make you look like a fool in the process. Most people would go with what is conventional for want of not wanting to fail and look like a fool.

As for Floyd going out of his comfort zone. He did that in the third round of the Mosley fight. After getting rocked he uncharacteristically walked Mosley down in the following round.

The last part of your post makes me believe that you never been in a fight or competed in a sport with offense and defense. When you go on the offense you have the potential to force your opponent on the back foot which consequentially diminishes their offense. You're exposed to danger, and it is not my intention to belittle that danger, I just wouldn't say the danger of playing a defensive game is beneath it as you submit yourself more to the opponents pressure.

lol i'm not reading all that gibberish. you're just overreacting...i'm not undermining what floyd can do in the ring. go back to my post you quoted and try to comprehend what i was trying to say before you throw tantrums on me.

Comment

With mayweathers fighting style, I wouldn't be surprised if he fights beyond his contract with showtime. he fights to win, and quite frankly he's pretty good at doing that, regardless if you dislike his style or not.

Comment

it all comes down to the preference of the fighter. my son prefers to be a counter puncher because he said likes to make them miss and hit them when their off balance. however, there is no right way of fighting. all that matters is whether you can make your style be more effective than your opponents.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          His last fight had a lot of boos and a lot of peps walked off half way through the fight so let's just leave it at that.
          I'd say quite a few of his fights have had people walking out. I remember the analysts showing the camera pointing to people walking out in the Bladomir fight and that the arena was only aboyt 1/3rd full. Larry Merchant said that he just has never known any other top ranked boxer who only half fills arenas and had people walking out regularly.

With all that, I think this "fight like a man" talk is pure hogwash. Just children's talk. It depends on the fighter himself as to how he wants to fight. He may be psychologically inclined to self-preservation and there's nothing wrong with that. At the same time, if he's a pro boxer, the fans who pay the cash are generally less than cerebral. they prefer to see blood and gore, as the ancient Romans did in their gladiator contests. Human nature hasn't changed much if at all. Any fighter with defensive preferences and common-sense, will prefer not to be hit, let alone caught up in a blood-and-guts fight. Of course if he likes to be hit and hit back that's different, but I'd never criticise a guy who didn't.

Where I criticise Mayweather is his intolerable self-glorification, narcissism, and unbalanced opinion of himself, as well as the public spectacles he makes of himslf. I believe he is not quite sane. A champion, in the public eye, is supposed to be a credit to the country, and serve as a role model to young people growing up. Mayweather is the exact opposite of this.

It just happens that although completely undeserved he has gained a "hula hoop" kind of popularity which pays him undeserved millions. It'll pass like everything does.....

But, although I'll write about it if it comes up, like just now, I couldn't care less. i care nothing about his houses or cars, or ***elry, rings etc. or girl friends, I have all those myself except for ***elry which I don't think suitable for a man. But he can-and does-do what he likes, as far as the law allows. The kids hero worship on this site is laughable and that of those older (and supposedly wiser) is just pitiable. People should be able to appreciate skill without licking the feet of the doer. I can-and do.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            A lot of people say Mayweather doesn't fight like a man, toe to toe, etc..

I wonder how many people have actually been in the gym when they say that. In experience, fighting defensively especially in May's style is TOUGH. You're in there, sometimes even in the pocket.. Not throwing back waiting for your counters.. that's real scary **** to do.

I've always felt safer throwing down, than waiting in the ring.
            I agree with you. That is why he is the best skilled fighter in the world. However, anytime you say something positive about Floyd Mayweather, you can expect about 100 hateful comments and Red K's. Ninety percent of those criticizing you have never been in a fight, in the ring or out, and if they were, I guarantee that they would not stand still and let their opponent hit them. The haters like to complain that Floyd runs, but they never mention the fact that he always wins and always outlands his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              I'd say quite a few of his fights have had people walking out. I remember the analysts showing the camera pointing to people walking out in the Bladomir fight and that the arena was only aboyt 1/3rd full. Larry Merchant said that he just has never known any other top ranked boxer who only half fills arenas and had people walking out regularly.

Very few people will stick around for a football game in which one team leads the other by 50 points at the end of the third quarter. The fight was a blowout. That is why people left.

Larry Merchant has no credibility. He said before the Baldomir fight that Baldomir was too strong and too big for Mayweather and he felt that Mayweather would lose. About half-way through the fight, after Floyd had dominated every minute of every round, Merchant started complaining about how boring the fight was and how people were leaving.

Merchant didn't acknowledge Mayweather as the P4P best fighter at the time of the Baldomir fight and Mayweather did not establish himself as the biggest draw in boxing until after the De La Hoya fight. Also, Merchant has never had anything positive to say about Mayweather and he was definitely lying about never having seen a top boxer half-fill an arena. He said something about the small crowd at the Mayweather/Corrales fight, the Mayweather/Castille fight, the Mosley/Forest fight at a time in which Mosley was regarded as the P4P best fighter. He has mentioned numerous other times as well prior to and after the Mayweather fight, about a fight featuring a top boxer not selling well.

Comment

So he got all those wins by fighting like a woman. That's saying some of your favorite boxers got beaten by a girlie man. This is just too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                  Yeah, yeah we get it hipster

you aren't a boxing fan unless you love 1000 clinches, forearms, and headbutts otherwise known as "crafty veteran tactics"
                  Floyd only fought like that against Ghost because Ghost's height and style doesnt allow Floyd to fight on the inside. This was the ONLY fight where he clinched everytime they got on the inside. I was actually impressed that he was smart enough to know he had to do that to win. Notice he didnt fight him off the ropes either. Its because he couldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    There's no difference there's no extra pay with an KO win. Most people KO's are when they are coming up in the ranks. I guess you haven't figured most elite fighters to don't keep racking up KO's

what about ggg or mathysse?

Comment

What's next, Floyd doesn't like steak?

Comment

Working...
                      X