No announcement yet.

Toughman > Cuban boxing school?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughman > Cuban boxing school?

Judging from a lot of posts here lately that's what the fans think. Since they prefer face first brawlers instead of schooled boxers.

And if you want to talk about boring fighters, how exciting was Donaire vs Narvaez? Or Donaire vs Mathebula? I remember the crowd booing during those. But HBO never turned their back on him because of it.

I've been following almost every Donaire fight since his destruction of Darchinyan.
    Not one time can I recall him being blacklisted for being unprofitable... which was the case, many of Donaire fights being on HBO.

Comment

donaire has been booed multiple times......but he still had the backing power of the Filipino fans. really hbo could care less about a fighters style, as long as he has fans thats supporting him and spending money he could stink up the place for all they care.............hbo is in it for money. (don't believe the style BS) if you have fans and bringing in money they encourage you to stink up the place if you want...........fight how ever you want..............

at the end of the day it's about greed.............
      Last edited by Godsfly; 07-13-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Judging from a lot of posts here lately that's what the fans think. Since they prefer face first brawlers instead of schooled boxers.

I like well schooled boxers who give exciting fights. You have a problem with it? BRO!!!!

Comment

the mathebula fight was pretty good ...and has hbo coverd a narvaez fight since then ?...wrong examples , i know youre trying to fault nonito for the narvaez fight but it's him trying to make the action ...

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
            I've been following almost every Donaire fight since his destruction of Darchinyan.
            Not one time can I recall him being blacklisted for being unprofitable... which was the case, many of Donaire fights being on HBO.
            the only time nonito deserevd to be booed for not being entertaining was vs concepcion... in all other else, it was his opponet who refused to make it fan friendly ... not that i fault them for doing so ...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              the mathebula fight was pretty good ...and has hbo coverd a narvaez fight since then ?...wrong examples , i know youre trying to fault nonito for the narvaez fight but it's him trying to make the action ...
              Narvaez gave him trouble at spots. Many spots which were missed by this great unbiased networks commentating impatience of a Nonito KO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

And if you want to talk about boring fighters, how exciting was Donaire vs Narvaez? Or Donaire vs Mathebula? I remember the crowd booing during those. But HBO never turned their back on him because of it.
                Nonito was brought back because he is an exciting fighter he was actually the one pressing the fight and trying to knock the guy out and make a fight of it. Rigo didn't really try to destroy Nonito he just back step and pot shot, and the audience booed, a handful of guys on boxing scene is not going to make HBO change their mind, the overwhelming majority of boxing fans want action and exciting ebb and flow action, nobody remembers point matches.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                  Narvaez gave him trouble at spots. Many spots which were missed by this great unbiased networks commentating impatience of a Nonito KO.
                  no doubt but you implied that nonito is the one to blame for the fight not being exciting in which obviously not the case...hbo likes nonito becuase he presents excitement but thats not always the case when his opponet is not willing to do the same ...it takes 2 to tango and individually , nonito is an exciting fighter...reason why hbo wants him and not because of some other things you wanna imply...
                  Last edited by puga; 07-13-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

He has finished most guys & dropped every opponent he has faced with Donaire being the exception and he put on an absolute masterclass and had Donaire in full survival mode.

Its not like he excessively runs or clinches.

I am not sure what it is but I hope this p1sses Rigo off and he seriously destroys guys then what will it be? Hes too exciting? against mismatched opposition? The guy just can't get a break.

Should just take the risk and stack the undercard & IMO it was Donaire who was gunshy and Rigo being the aggressor for most part 1-7 & the 12th certainly.

Comment

Working...
                    X