No announcement yet.

Toughman > Cuban boxing school?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
    Depends on what you mean by toughman.....I don't consider donaire a tough man........
    I don't mean that Nonito is a "tough man." What I'm saying is that most fans would be happier watching a Toughman Contest instead of one of the finest exponents of Cuban boxing.

You do remember the Toughman Contest right? It was where they would get a bunch of average joes, put gloves on them, and let them swing away at each other in a ring.

That's what the casual fans seem to prefer. HBO should revive that and start televising it if that's the viewers they want to attract.

Comment

If you look at the fan bases that complain about the Cuban Styles or just Boxers who are highly Skilled The Most...IT WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL!

I swear a lot of the stuff that happened to Jack Johnson is still going on in the Sport Of Boxing. Certain fighters fight a certain way the get bashed for it, others fight that way they get praised for it. I know how Full Of It the American Media is despite being an American, shall we forget that they did the very same thing that they are doing to Rigondeaux they did it to the Klitschko's FIRST! HBO did not like Lennox Lewis, go back and watch the Broadcast of Lennox fights on HBO, they was always against Lennox and kept him around hoping that American would emerge and knock off Lennox and...IT NEVER HAPPENED besides the lucky KO by Rahman

I am a Boxing fan, I love watching a Masterful Boxer, Brawling, what ever style you use to win I have no problem with that and I respect all styles despite me favoring Skilled Fighters More. But when it comes to some they want to make the rules as they go so "THE FIGHTER THEY LIKE" can stay on top. This is exactly what HBO as well as a lot of NEW BOXING FANS are currently doing! Ratings don't say "NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH RIGONDEAUX" Donaire wasn't even breaking 1 Million Views when he headlined on HBO...until he fought Rigondeaux because THE MATCH UP was bigger then just tuning in to see ONE FIGHTER. HBO has an agenda they are pushing I understand that but sadly many don't so they swear by HBO and think Lampley, Kellerman and some of those other idiots actually know what they are talking about because they are on HBO
      Last edited by sicko; 07-13-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I don't mean that Nonito is a "tough man." What I'm saying is that most fans would be happier watching a Toughman Contest instead of one of the finest exponents of Cuban boxing.

You do remember the Toughman Contest right? It was where they would get a bunch of average joes, put gloves on them, and let them swing away at each other in a ring.

That's what the casual fans seem to prefer. HBO should revive that and start televising it if that's the viewers they want to attract.
        It's that way with everything. The masses prefer what they can easily understand. That's why Beethoven and Coltrane aren't listened to by everyone. That's why most people don't care for Shakespeare, and why hamburger sells better than filet mignon. Subtlety and artistry are often considered boring by those with lesser understanding. To each his own, but there is a difference between broad and sophisticated.

Comment

Working...
        X