No announcement yet.

Toughman > Cuban boxing school?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    the only time nonito deserevd to be booed for not being entertaining was vs concepcion... in all other else, it was his opponet who refused to make it fan friendly ... not that i fault them for doing so ...
    I disagree... Concepcion simply showed his flaws. Donaire was trying to be as exciting as he usually is.
    HBO gobbled it up as they were in line for the next great Filipino.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Nonito was brought back because he is an exciting fighter he was actually the one pressing the fight and trying to knock the guy out and make a fight of it. Rigo didn't really try to destroy Nonito he just back step and pot shot, and the audience booed, a handful of guys on boxing scene is not going to make HBO change their mind, the overwhelming majority of boxing fans want action and exciting ebb and flow action, nobody remembers point matches.
      Thats a lie nonito was running

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
        I disagree... Concepcion simply showed his flaws. Donaire was trying to be as exciting as he usually is.
        HBO gobbled it up as they were in line for the next great Filipino.
        not saying concepcion was the bomb... so you think hbo wants nonito becuase he's filipino and not becuase he koed the #8 p4p fighter in a brutal fashion and looks to do the same in every fight?...

Comment

not saying concepcion was the bomb... so you think hbo wants nonito becuase he's filipino and not becuase he koed the #8 p4p fighter in a brutal fashion and looks to do the same in every fight?...
          A bit of both, but mainly bc he was Fil.

Comment

A bit of both, but mainly bc he was Fil.
            if that was the case, we would be seeing more pinoy figters on hbo given they have plenty of ranked fighters..and they dont need to do pinoy pride events in PI just to get exposure ...hell there are more cubans fighting on espn and they only have 3 ranked fighters compared to philipine's 10( number 6 right now next to russia...

Comment

Depends on what you mean by toughman......I don't consider donaire a tough man........now margarito on the other hand that's a fine art of combat

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
                Depends on what you mean by toughman......I don't consider donaire a tough man........now margarito on the other hand that's a fine art of combat
                nonito is more of an arrogant man than a tough man... margo is the defintion of tough...he's the complete opposite of floyd

"id die in the ring if i have to" - margo

"health comes first" - floyd

..and we all know their actions reflect that...

Comment

if that was the case, we would be seeing more pinoy figters on hbo given they have plenty of ranked fighters..and they dont need to do pinoy pride events in PI just to get exposure ...hell there are more cubans fighting on espn and they only have 3 ranked fighters compared to philipine's 10( number 6 right now next to russia...
                  Which are?

Comment

Which are?
                    so you dont know ?.. you dont read the rankings do you ?... lol , no wonder you spout ignorant **** ...

Comment

I'm not so sure about Donaire being a "tough man" but the facts remain that Donaire will continue to get dates on HBO while Rigo will beg on his knees for ESPN FNF dates

Comment

Working...
                      X