Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They hate rigo cause he won. Max kellerman is truthfull thou. I still feel great satisfaction knowing rigo spoiled all they're plans for donaire . Seeing how sad arum seemed that night was classic . They want fighters with fans on top. it doesn't matter who the best is . The best to them is the guy who fills seats

Comment

Originally posted by hyeduk View Post
      So when everyone wants to see Rigo - vs Donaire II, rather than Darchinyan vs Donaire II , HBO throws up??? hmmm doesnt make any sense...maybe thats why they suck along with Bob Arum
      nobody wants to see Rigondo/Donaire II.... and honestly I don't see a lot of clamor for Darchinyan/Donaire II either

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Not exactly. Rigo engaged for the first four rounds. After he took a good lead, Guille started getting more defensive.
      that's his problem... he had a good lead... padded the rounds... why not take some chances? instead his activity drops and he becomes defensive.

The punch stats for the fight show that Rigo threw more punches. Implying that Donaire was more active is inaccurate.
      cause Donaire was scared to get countered... but if you got a guy scared to get countered, like a deer staring into headlights, why not take advantage of that fear and capitalize? why go into a defensive shell? answer: cause you're a boring fighter that like to cruise and take no risks... and honestly there was little risk cause rigondo was totally outclassing Donaire

You call what Guillermo did "running?" What Rigo did was punch and move, commonly referred to as "boxing."
      What rigondo did wasn't "boxing"... what rigondo was doing was "potshottting".

What Donaire did bore no resemblance to that. Nonito literally ran backwards, with his and over his poor eye.
      point taken

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      If this is true then HBO need to be ashamed. You're telling me they would rather put on Martinez, Donaire, and Golovkin against bums just to get easy KO's but Rigondeaux's style is not worth watching. If they're refusing Rigondeaux because he's not exciting enough why not tell the others I mention to fight better competition. Better yet, why not tell Golovkin and Martinez they won't show their next fight unless it's against each other. HBO might as well start showing WWE because it seems that's the way they're heading.
      HBO is building guys like GGG up. HBO will be forcing him to step up in competition soon.

HBO forced Donaire and Martinez to step up in competition. HBO forced Donaire to fight Rigondo. Donaire didn't' even really want that fight. Sadly Martinez is past prime and is not having problems with top 10 guys... truthfully Martinez never really belonged at MW, but was forced up there by HBO. so your argument is unfair.

Originally posted by AppleMacStud View Post
      You clowns that say Rigondeaux is boring need to be at a UFC forum.
      you kidding me? UFC is even more boring... so much hugging and holding... gay

Rigondeaux is the epitome of the sweet science.
      you mean potshotting is the epitome of the sweet science? Sure, whatever floats your boat, but that kind of style isn't making HBO money

Footwork, hand speed, a jab, head movement, ring generalship, etc. After watching him school Donaire, he became my pound 4 pound favorite fighter on the planet. Can't wait for him to jump ship with Showtime.
      Showtime will do the same thing HBO is doing... try to force him to take more risks and fight more offensively

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
        Running didn't get Nonitos face like that. I dont call being elusive, running. Running is what Oscar did against Tito when he thought he had the fight won. Being elusive and stinging someone's face is not running.
        Excellent. Couldn't agree more. Oscar threw his win away versus "Tito" by running. Rigo boxed, and busted Nonito's face to the point were Donaire was literally running for his life by the end. Some people just don't know what they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          Rigondo does deserve some criticism cause of his boring style... not saying it isn't effective and that he don't win, but it's boring... so if you fight a boring style, you should own it
          I didn't think he was boring in the Donaire fight though. Towards the end, he really started picking Donaire apart. It was pretty entertaining and impressive to watch. He dismantled a guy most considered top 10 p4p.

Comment

Rigo & Memo agreed to VADA Testing 6-7 wks before the Donaire fight....which is practically a joke!! On top of that, he won in boring fashion.

I'm no fan of Donaire....but I have no problems with HBO not investing in Rigo.

Comment

Arum is salty.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                that's his problem... he had a good lead... padded the rounds... why not take some chances? instead his activity drops and he becomes defensive.
                Why did he need to take chances? Is that what you would've suggested if you were in Rigo's corner? Guillermo merely laid back more and forced Donaire to come forward and press if he wanted to engage. Nonito didn't exactly do that. How did that scenario in the twelfth come to pass? It wasn't because "El Chacal" was running and avoiding contact....

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
                  They hate rigo cause he won.
                  no, they hate on rigondo cause he ain't making them profits

Max kellerman is truthfull thou. I still feel great satisfaction knowing rigo spoiled all they're plans for donaire . Seeing how sad arum seemed that night was classic . They want fighters with fans on top. it doesn't matter who the best is . The best to them is the guy who fills seats
                  HBO is trying to make a profit. You can't blame them.

That's why boxing should be run like a true sport. Some boring as football teams be getting to the super bowl, but people gotta watch it cause its the superbowl.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Obviously you don't know what I was talking about, because that wasn't my point.
                  I know what you were talking about, and I purposely hijacked your point to make my point. my post wasn't directed specifically at you even though I quoted you. sorry.

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  Running didn't get Nonitos face like that.
                  yeah, donaire trying to make a fight of it did that. If donaire decided to be defensive they would've been feinting and posing for 12 rounds.

I dont call being elusive, running. Running is what Oscar did against Tito when he thought he had the fight won. Being elusive and stinging someone's face is not running.
                  yeah, it's called potshotting, and it's still boring

Comment

I sure enjoy the fact that both promoters and networks if they so choose, can wreck a boxer's career and livelihood not based on skills or record, but by how entertaining they are! - Said no fan or boxer ever.

Boxing is special. All the other athletes like footballers, soccer players, swimmers, even golfers, have to worry about is winning. Boxers have to worry about winning and looking entertaining at the same time.

Comment

• Its Arum's job to promote and get Rigo the right fights, like he did with Donaire.

Arum will have to provide Rigo his fights or he will be breaching contract.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X