Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    To be fair, Bryce Harper got some criticism last season by the media for his play and arrogance as well. But come on, baseball media is too traditional and don't enjoy young guys coming in and making a mark. Big reason why Puig probably won't make the all star game.

As far as Rigo goes, I'm sure they all know he'll ruin Donaire's hype again. I can't blame them for being afraid
    Very True!

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      ITS styles, which do you like ?

I mean Rigo just waits and waits, unconcerned about the fans, and thats his style, STINKS !!!

Donaire made a mistake, he cared about the fans, he tried to make the fight. HE could have easily won on a stinker

all he had to do was JAB,,, Rigo ain't coming , so just ballerina around and Jab , quick little pot shots and Rigo is WHUPPED

IF Rigo got desperate and came in he would be countered and on the floor trying to find his mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if he is fighting Donaire, so this is one fight I would want Donaire to jab and forget the boo's
      ..... again, from the safety of a keyboard...... you boxing warrior, you! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by racostaa View Post
        Rigo has a lot of fans, as the others Cubans. The only issue is that promoters doesn't like Cubans because they destroy his builded fighters like Canelo, Donaire, Mares and so on. Donaire never was a boxer, he just fight without strategy, no intelligence. Of course, Mexicans and phillipines do the same and in this world of stupids Donaire can bright as "FIGHTER OF THE YEAR" of the stupid side of boxing like the ones he fought and his fans. Just look his face after the fight and look the face of Rigondeaux and make your conclusions. The same to Angulo with Lara, the same to all Mexicans oponents of Gamboa. The issue is that Arum is old and know the Cubans school of boxing and don't want to continue looseing his stupid holy cows. That's all
        Lol i don't know why you are here trying to attack Mexican boxers i understand and ai am happy rigo beat the **** out of donaire to me he was overhyped but was stil good had alot of power. Don't really see how lara destroyed angulo when he took a ****ing beating and got dropped twice destroy is what rigo did to donaire the dight was really close before it ended. Don't really see what mexican boxer has gamboa destroyed with less than 2 losses Garcia would wipe the floor with him.

Gamboa shot himself on the foot by withdrawing from the rios fight along with stupid business decisions of him going with 50 cent and not looking good against ****ty opposition. The best Cuban is rigodeainx and he is being ****ed by arum

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          What's he gonna say? Don't lose your next fight in unwatchable way?
          Autoresponse button for non boxing fans #silvsvswiedman #rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
            Minus one.
            I'm sure HBO will miss "Minus one"... for sure that will be hurting their bottom line

Originally posted by racostaa View Post
            Rigo has a lot of fans, as the others Cubans. The only issue is that promoters doesn't like Cubans because they destroy his builded fighters like Canelo, Donaire, Mares and so on.
            I dunno about that... HBO and Showtime wants Cubans to suceed, that's why they put them on their airwaves... Cuban boxers have a lot of pedigree and HBO and Showtime want them to be able to transition from the amatuers to the pro ranks, but when some Cuban fighters keep fighting in that amatuer style it don't bring in the ratings and that doesn't bring in the profits. If boxing was run like a league, Rigond wouldn't be getting this kind of grief. ultimately, blame the sad state of boxing...

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            And here I thought this was boxing, not FIGHTING. You do know there is a difference, right?
            you're right.... and boxing isn't potshotting.... I hope everyone knows the difference.

Why do boxing fans care how much tv networks make?
            boxing fans don't care... but the boxers should cause tv networks are the one writing them checks

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            It's ridiculous that Rigo is getting blackballed, he definitely shook up the system.
            no doubt, the system is broke

I see art when I watch him fight, I know not everybody agrees with that, but I know there are a ton of purist out there who can appreciate his style. I think him against Mares, Santa Cruz, and Darchinyan would be fun match ups, regardless of what Bob or HBO try to say.
            everyone agrees that Rigondo is special... but special doesn't necessarily translate to ratings or profits

Originally posted by ramblingalp View Post
            So, Zou *yawn* Shiming is a headliner and champion Rigondeaux can't get a fight? Pure unadulterated showbiz...nothing more and nothing less.
            when boxing didn't have any competition from any other contact or bloodsport, it was fine... HBO and Showtime could afford to allow boring boxers on their airwaves... but now with the advent of MMA, HBO and Showtime need to up the entertainment value to get those casual fans watching... that's what it's all about.

MMA isn't big in China and right now (other contact sports in China isn't MMA), so boxing still has no competition there right now

Originally posted by racostaa View Post
            Was Nonito the one who didn't engage or Rigo. For me Nonito wanted at the first round and when feel the power then didn't engaged anymore. On twelve Donaire was on retreat all the round and he was lucky that he was in front of a pure athlete who respected the integrity of the adversary. Did you saw the fight?
            why people only mentioning the 12th round??? is that the only round people remember?

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
            Cubans don't have TV, so outside the 10 fans of back-peddlers, seems like Rigo is out of luck! Now if he could do back summersaults...
            LOLs... so wrong

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            As I said before, Arum doesn't want to promote Rigo, so let him go.

Eddie Hearn could bring Rigo over here and make him a star. Sky Sports can make decent fighters big, they could make Rigo a star.
            You know what, that's not a bad idea... but Rigondo wants that payday now, he don't want to be built up

Originally posted by hurtbizness83 View Post
            Win over 300 amateur fights, 2 gold medals, come in at a 11-0 and school the 2012 fighter of the year but you can't get a fight on tv?????? What part of the game is this?
            it's called the "paper chase", and to get that paper, you gotta be entertaining to watch

I watched donaire vs rigo 4 times and each time I respect what rigo did that night plus he busted up donaires face. There was a knock down in the fight, and everytime they squared up rigo never backed down and he won 90% of the exchanges. Give my dude rigo some love.
            they didn't square up often, cause Rigondo was moving... a lot

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It's not like those fighters aren't available in the weight class. Rigo will look fun as hell beating up on reckless fighters coming at him.
            true....

I really hope he ends up at Golden Boy, but Arum will hang on to him out of spite.
            same thing is gonna happen at GBP... GBP already shi.tting on his countryman Lara

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            What's funny is on this thread you have supposed "fans" of boxing arguing for tv network profits over the protagonists of the sport they claim to love.

One minute it's all about legacy and facing the best. The next it's about money and what sells. Even going so far as to tell guys who get in the ring, how they should fight.... from the safety of a keyboard! LOL
            boxing fans should understand the reality of the sport of boxing... yeah, I wish things would work like the utopia that you're dreaming about... when you start making your dream of boxing a reality, I'll be cheering you on

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
            People can hate pure boxers all they want but they sure are flooding the top of the p4p lists at the moment. To me there is nothing boring about watching a boxer dominate a brawler. Being able to box while backing up is not an easy feat and its hard to beat someone who's mastered it. Call it what you want but you can't say it isn't boxing.
            wouldn't call "potshotting" "pure boxing".

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            Yuri Foreman fought like a hoe against Cotto....dude was doing laps around the ring that night....but Arum said NOTHING!!!
            maybe cause yuri didn't win

Originally posted by Puya View Post
            Fans like you damages the sport. Move on to ufc
            and many casual fans have because of unentertaining styles

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Arum should just release him from his contract. Rigo's career doesn't seem to be that important to him. Get over Donaire getting schooled and find the guy a fight, someone who'll come at him and make him look spectacular.
            depends if HBO gives Rigondo another chance

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
            i rather watch rigo than landy

this BS what hbo is doing...alot of people think cuban fighters are boring but i do appreciate the skill
            its not fair... I agree... but HBO tryin to make profits

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            If given the choice of either watching Rigondeaux treat a top 5 P4P fighter like a bad sparring partner. Or, watching Gatti and a fellow C class fighter have a slightly more skilled version of a street fight. I'd take Rigo every time.
            you can't know something before it happens... so everyone would probably watch 2 p4p fighters instead of to C class fighters too

BTW, if a "boring fighter" can't sell, explain Floyd Mayweather.
            cherrypicker sells because people wanna see him lose, not because they think his style is pleasing to the eye..

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
            Name any other fighter that beats a p4p top 5'guy and doesn't get put on hbo again.
            its a new era... the feud between TR and GBP and Showtime and HBO has gotten worse and now everyone is looking towards their bottom line.

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
            I'll like to see it too, Rigondeaux will fvk up Mares, you might had not notice it but he was getting hurt by PDL
            I think it would be a fantastic fight... PDL is a legit power puncher tho

The thing that amazes me about these ass clowns busting on Rigo is that when discussing other topics, they constantly ***** and moan about "the best fighting rhe best." Rigo is one of the best. And generally, the best fight the best on HBO and Showtime. And if this guy isn't fighting on TV, obviously the best aren't gonna be fighting the best.
            what amazes me is how people these ass clowns with ass hats don't understand the current state of boxing. If the best should fight the best, then Cherrypicker/Pacquiao should've already happened... so the game needs to be changed.. we all agree, so that even boring boxers like Rigondo get on TV even tho they are unentertaining because they are among the best of the sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              HBO should give Rigo one more chance

They've hyped up bigger bums than him before (Berto)
              thing is, berto is entertaining, especially when he's getting beat on.

And I don't get how they can have Ward but not have Rigo.
              HBO is putting pressure on Ward too... but Ward never said he wouldn't move up in weight to fight tougher opponents... Ward has fought everyone who was put in front of him (albeit in his backyard but that's another matter...)

Rigo is far more entertaining than Ward and Floyd combined.
              their entertainment value is pretty much the same but for different reasons

Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
              This is bull. why wouldn't hbo not want to have Rigo. Rigo agianst anyone would be a good fight. Rigo/Donaire was entertianing, I enjoyed it. And I would be hesitant to believe any Arum says.
              Rigondo don't bring in the bands... he got no fanbase, his style is unentertaining, and he don't speak english, and he's not very charismatic.... it's the perfect storm for being unmarketable

Boxing is basically a cult sport nowadays that has probably between 350K-500K true, hardcore fans. And that is reflected in the PPV numbers that are done by everyone not named Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio. And that handful of fans are gonna tune in when a top guy is fighting, especially on regular HBO or Showtime.
              agreed

This **** with Rigondeaux is nothing but a scheme on the part of Bob Arum, with the help of HBO, to make everyone forget about this guy. Arum screwed up putting this guy in the ring with what could potentially have been his new golden goose. And he's not gonna take a chance of putting any of his other popular guys in with him. So they're basically gonna hide him until he becomes irrelevant.
              or... he's made himself irrelevant by boxing in an unentertaining way

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Come on, HBO puts on no namers on undercards who don't impress.
              I'd take a masterclass boxing lesson from Rigo any day over some fat lub getting starched in a round or two because HBO wants to make a house boxer look better than he is.
              that's HBO scouting for the next big thang... you can't really compare them to Rigondo because Rigondo has great pedigree

I GUARANTEE you that if they are allowed to approach Showtime, Rigo will be headlining events immediately.
              Rigondo would probably get one show case fight... then he'd have to move up and fight someone like Mares.... thing is, Rigondo don't wanna move up

Comment

• Although I don't agree with it, I think I can see a possible long term plan here, this move could force Rigo to take the Donaire rematch at the higher weight early next year. Rigo is currently unwilling to move up but a few more months of inactivity and no TV exposure will probably change his perspective.. just a guess but that could be what HBO are aiming to achieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  the only reason I watched rigo's last fight was because of donaire,otherwise I wouldn't watch it..there are certain fighters I just don't care about,there are some that I just have to get home on time and plan around that fight,but these guys no,and I really think about 90% of people feel the same
                  I am so sorry donaire disappointed you so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Very True!
                    This is just why the NBA is second to the NFL they're not some outta touch fogies. Baseball is just like the Republican party still think the world is filled with one race one genre of people that's why they had their asses kicked as of recent. Baseball is a good ole boy club until that changes they'll be the outta touch business owner refusing to do business over social media saying "that's for kids" while their business goes down the toilet!

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I think Floyd is a little more proactive than Rigo, which makes him a little more exciting to watch. But you're right; both men have similar styles. If you like one, it's tough not to like the other. Why Guillermo is considered a less appealing fighter has a lot more to do with communication than with approach to the game.
                      Rigo fights a bit like floyd but unlike Floyd Rigo has the ability to seriously hurt, drop and even stop an opponent. Floyd hasnt done that for a while. rigo is the complete package and a great fighter, a fighter that has to be showcased. I cant take any boxing fan seriously who dont wanna see him fight! HBO ruining the sport!!! Rigi is not boring at all, its just great to see his movements and skills and he can bang too. Hes not verry agresive thats right but hes just a great boxer. I hate watching Ward but rigo is so much better to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X