Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Gary Hyde, manager of WBO/WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8Kos), was very annoyed after reading some of the recently published comments regarding HBO’s position on his fighter. Rigondeaux’s promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, told ESPN that HBO is very resistant to showcasing Rigondeaux on their network.

“Every time I mention him, they throw up," Arum said. "So I have to figure out who I could put him in with."

Rigondeaux is coming off his most impressive win to date; an April twelve round decision over heavily favored Nonito Donaire. Hyde indicates that HBO placed a lot of pressure on Top Rank to make the fight between Donaire and Rigondeaux – and now they are rejecting the winner, Rigondeaux, while scheduling a November date for Donaire, who lost. [Click Here To Read More]

the only reason I watched rigo's last fight was because of donaire,otherwise I wouldn't watch it..there are certain fighters I just don't care about,there are some that I just have to get home on time and plan around that fight,but these guys no,and I really think about 90% of people feel the same

Comment

I watch every HBO and Showtime card no matter who is fighting. That includes rigo.

Comment

Finally some truth to this ****ed up story. If you put Rigo in with the right guy he can make an entertaining fight. Top Rank doesn't have the stable to get Rigo big fights. Mares and Santa Cruz are the type of fighters Rigo needs to be matched up against.

Comment

that's messed up rigo shook up the apple cart and now he is black labled. what was different between rigo vs donaire and mayweather vs guerrero style wise??

Comment

Nice interview by Hyde. I like him as Guillermo's manager. Gary's right; if HBO doesn't want Rigo, then sell him to Showtime. If they have to ship "El Chacal" overseas, so be it. It's a tragedy for this man to go without an audience.

Comment

It annoys me that rigo and his team think he can fight like did against donaire and then headline shows!

Comment

dislike what hbo did with rigo but you know i hope they do that with other
                fighters that fight ugly and pull that booring sht.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  the only reason I watched rigo's last fight was because of donaire,otherwise I wouldn't watch it..there are certain fighters I just don't care about,there are some that I just have to get home on time and plan around that fight,but these guys no,and I really think about 90% of people feel the same
                  More like 2% of people like you, that don't know boxing feel the same... Donaire got SCHOOLED that night, and I think HBO had huge plans to make Donaire the next Pacquiao/cash cow... and now that some Cuban with a 12-0 record that nobody has heard of, (because he doesn't get the same TV exposure as all these other boxers) schooled their fighter.. now they don't want him?? or maybe it's Arum who thinks he's boring... cuz if I remember correctly Jim, Max, Roy Jones Jr. and all the other commentators at hbo thought Rigo put on a masterpiece that night... and anybody that knows boxing will agree.... You don't always have to have a slug fest and take punishment the whole fight, to fight a awesome fight.

Comment

**** HBO! Rigo left Bob and an entire network butt hurt over the Nonito schooling. It's funny to me that they are putting together lame ass cards but they don't want Rigo???? Gonzales, Nelson, Crawford, Barker are all guys I don't wanna ever see again in my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X