Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said before, Arum doesn't want to promote Rigo, so let him go.

Eddie Hearn could bring Rigo over here and make him a star. Sky Sports can make decent fighters big, they could make Rigo a star.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      If given the choice of either watching Rigondeaux treat a top 5 P4P fighter like a bad sparring partner. Or, watching Gatti and a fellow C class fighter have a slightly more skilled version of a street fight. I'd take Rigo every time.

BTW, if a "boring fighter" can't sell, explain Floyd Mayweather.
      HA HA HA , you make my day ! Comparing RIGO to MAYWEATHER...PLEASE.....

Comment

• Originally posted by StarPower View Post
        Finally some truth to this ****ed up story. If you put Rigo in with the right guy he can make an entertaining fight. Top Rank doesn't have the stable to get Rigo big fights. Mares and Santa Cruz are the type of fighters Rigo needs to be matched up against.
        Hey I was gonna say that!
        Couldnt agree more, Rigo could be spectacular if he gets the right opposition.
        He just hád to win the Donaire fight and he did it, he didnt care much about looking pretty. If anyone of the two didn't look good, it was Donaire...
        I wouldnt want to see him vs Darchynian or any of the guys Donaire already beat, but Rigo against Santa Cruz would be some technical fireworks!
        Showtime is winning!

Comment

• Originally posted by racostaa View Post
          If you believe is not true make for instance Canelo- Lara and you will see again how my boy destroy your stupid fighter. If you want to see again Donaire loosing make the fight again, and I hope Donaire don't run again like he did in 12 round when he thought he can be knocked. Is excuse, bad faith and envy. That's the truth.
          Racostaa you're drunk, go home.

Comment

• I can't see a way of donaire win rigo. If they make a rematch and you are so sure bet on it. It will be the easiest way for me to get some money. Whatever amount you want that Rigo wins Doanire again. The ugly truth is Arum knows this and the only way he has to win Rigo is taking like this, because in the ring his stupid donaire can't win. The same for the others Cubans boxers, when the only way to win them is to say this stupid things like they are boring because in the ring there's no way to win, not an American, Mexican, phillipine whatsoever. But keep my record and bet over my word and stop talking you guys stupid things because other reasons besides the truth that you can't win Rigo. The same with Mares, Santa Cruz and whatever builded stupid you may have. Stop taking and make a fight, and don't make excuses. Arum is afraid that Rigo begin to destroy those stupid made by him and GB, like "The Best Fisghter of the 2012 Year" was destroyed by the Cuban. Also, Arum may terminate the contract. Why he not?

Comment

• Win over 300 amateur fights, 2 gold medals, come in at a 11-0 and school the 2012 fighter of the year but you can't get a fight on tv?????? What part of the game is this? I watched donaire vs rigo 4 times and each time I respect what rigo did that night plus he busted up donaires face. There was a knock down in the fight, and everytime they squared up rigo never backed down and he won 90% of the exchanges. Give my dude rigo some love.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Arum should just release him from his contract. Rigo's career doesn't seem to be that important to him. Get over Donaire getting schooled and find the guy a fight, someone who'll come at him and make him look spectacular.
                It's not like those fighters aren't available in the weight class. Rigo will look fun as hell beating up on reckless fighters coming at him.

I really hope he ends up at Golden Boy, but Arum will hang on to him out of spite.

Comment

• What's funny is on this thread you have supposed "fans" of boxing arguing for tv network profits over the protagonists of the sport they claim to love.

One minute it's all about legacy and facing the best. The next it's about money and what sells. Even going so far as to tell guys who get in the ring, how they should fight.... from the safety of a keyboard! LOL

Comment

• People can hate pure boxers all they want but they sure are flooding the top of the p4p lists at the moment. To me there is nothing boring about watching a boxer dominate a brawler. Being able to box while backing up is not an easy feat and its hard to beat someone who's mastered it. Call it what you want but you can't say it isn't boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boskop View Post
                      Rigo could be spectacular if he gets the right opposition.
                      So could I.

Comment

Working...
                      X