Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ramblingalp View Post
    ...and a worldwide HBO audience
    Minus one.

Comment

• Rigo has a lot of fans, as the others Cubans. The only issue is that promoters doesn't like Cubans because they destroy his builded fighters like Canelo, Donaire, Mares and so on. Donaire never was a boxer, he just fight without strategy, no intelligence. Of course, Mexicans and phillipines do the same and in this world of stupids Donaire can bright as "FIGHTER OF THE YEAR" of the stupid side of boxing like the ones he fought and his fans. Just look his face after the fight and look the face of Rigondeaux and make your conclusions. The same to Angulo with Lara, the same to all Mexicans oponents of Gamboa. The issue is that Arum is old and know the Cubans school of boxing and don't want to continue looseing his stupid holy cows. That's all

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
        Not how they should fight, just plain fight. You don't pay to see guys prancing around the ring. I could go watch ballet if that was the case.
        And here I thought this was boxing, not FIGHTING. You do know there is a difference, right?

Why do boxing fans care how much tv networks make?

Comment

• Boring fighter, glad HBO and hopefully others will catch on. The fundamentals of boxing is boring, like in most sports, if you want a huge fan base and want to be extraordinary, then you have to have that "extra" excitement.

Comment

• It's ridiculous that Rigo is getting blackballed, he definitely shook up the system.

I see art when I watch him fight, I know not everybody agrees with that, but I know there are a ton of purist out there who can appreciate his style. I think him against Mares, Santa Cruz, and Darchinyan would be fun match ups, regardless of what Bob or HBO try to say.
            Last edited by _original_; 07-12-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• i'm all for it... go for the top guys in GBP

Comment

• This is the only truth. Donaire CAN'T win and Arum is looking for excuses. Danire said that he wants a rematch, but everybody knows he can't win because of he is an stupid boxer. Now they need excuses and the fools believe this excuses jajaja. Loosers

Comment

• Of Course the Donaire Fans are Happy LMFAO they know their guy can't fukin hang with Rigondeaux so they love that he is now out of the way

Americans (SOME) especially in the media have a problem with Cuban Athletes, nobody want to come out and say it but it is true. Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Abril, Lara...they all get criticized "FOR THEIR STYLE" if you think about it. But when others fight like they do...it is "GENIUS"

Even in Baseball the Dodgers outstanding Cuban Rookie Yasiel Puig has been under attack the last week or so, some in the media complaining about his "STYLE OF PLAY" and calling the guy arrogant and all this BS

Rigondeaux should be released from Top Rank and should be allowed to go elsewhere then to hold on to him just so you can Black Ball the guy because he dominated Donaire

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Of Course the Donaire Fans are Happy LMFAO they know their guy can't fukin hang with Rigondeaux so they love that he is now out of the way

Americans (SOME) especially in the media have a problem with Cuban Athletes, nobody want to come out and say it but it is true. Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Abril, Lara...they all get criticized "FOR THEIR STYLE" if you think about it. But when others fight like they do...it is "GENIUS"

Even in Baseball the Dodgers outstanding Cuban Rookie Yasiel Puig has been under attack the last week or so, some in the media complaining about his "STYLE OF PLAY" and calling the guy arrogant and all this BS

Rigondeaux should be released from Top Rank and should be allowed to go elsewhere then to hold on to him just so you can Black Ball the guy because he dominated Donaire
                    To be fair, Bryce Harper got some criticism last season by the media for his play and arrogance as well. But come on, baseball media is too traditional and don't enjoy young guys coming in and making a mark. Big reason why Puig probably won't make the all star game.

As far as Rigo goes, I'm sure they all know he'll ruin Donaire's hype again. I can't blame them for being afraid

Comment

• ITS styles, which do you like ?

I mean Rigo just waits and waits, unconcerned about the fans, and thats his style, STINKS !!!

Donaire made a mistake, he cared about the fans, he tried to make the fight. HE could have easily won on a stinker

all he had to do was JAB,,, Rigo ain't coming , so just ballerina around and Jab , quick little pot shots and Rigo is WHUPPED

IF Rigo got desperate and came in he would be countered and on the floor trying to find his mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if he is fighting Donaire, so this is one fight I would want Donaire to jab and forget the boo's

Comment

Working...
                      X