Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigo hype is ridiculous.

Donaire spent the last round with one eye throwing only the left hook and Rigo couldn't cut-off the ring and land anything significant.

Comment

• Why do people continue to have the attitude that HBO somehow has some obligation to show this fighter or that fighter? They are a business, and are free to buy whatever fights they feel their subscribers would most like to see.

The fringe group of boxing hipsters here who are all over Rigo's sack are correct in the fact that he is a very talented fighter, but since most of them probably stream fights anyways, HBO doesnt much care what they think........

Comment

• Yuri Foreman fought like a hoe against Cotto....dude was doing laps around the ring that night....but Arum said NOTHING!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyvceo View Post
          You are dead wrong the greatest fighter to live was on his toes and did the rope a dope ..ALI..sugar ray ran half of haggler fighter why would you trade with a bigger harder puncher that's dumb lets just doi it like the civil war stand there and get shot..ill punch you you punch back lets see who can get more brain damage you dude sound dumb..if you blessed with good feet and head movement do don't degrade yourself becuz most Mexican and white cant do it...what's next layup contest in NBA..you guys are dumb rigo is too skilled like floyd and they want him to fight like the others
          There's a difference between boxing and a defensive fighter holding pot shoting and runnin the whole fight. I'm sorry how many fight of the years has mayweather been involved in? Let me rephrase that how many of mayweather fights did not get any boos? Ali was extremely exciting so was sugar ray leonard the fact you made that comparison makes your point completely irrelevant. They were warriors mayweather is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
            More like 2% of people like you, that don't know boxing feel the same... Donaire got SCHOOLED that night, and I think HBO had huge plans to make Donaire the next Pacquiao/cash cow... and now that some Cuban with a 12-0 record that nobody has heard of, (because he doesn't get the same TV exposure as all these other boxers) schooled their fighter.. now they don't want him?? or maybe it's Arum who thinks he's boring... cuz if I remember correctly Jim, Max, Roy Jones Jr. and all the other commentators at hbo thought Rigo put on a masterpiece that night... and anybody that knows boxing will agree.... You don't always have to have a slug fest and take punishment the whole fight, to fight a awesome fight.
            Thanks man, I will definitely watch crafty show anyday

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
              There's a difference between boxing and a defensive fighter holding pot shoting and runnin the whole fight. I'm sorry how many fight of the years has mayweather been involved in? Let me rephrase that how many of mayweather fights did not get any boos? Ali was extremely exciting so was sugar ray leonard the fact you made that comparison makes your point completely irrelevant. They were warriors mayweather is not.
              Fans like you damages the sport. Move on to ufc

Comment

• Rigo makes ppl sleep..why would anyone watch him running away from his opponents..good on hbo for refusing to televize this guy..he should join the cuban olympic running team.

Comment

• Arum should just release him from his contract. Rigo's career doesn't seem to be that important to him. Get over Donaire getting schooled and find the guy a fight, someone who'll come at him and make him look spectacular.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    For the masses Rigo's style is boring. He has to be matched up against an action fighter.

PPL don't know who he is and the few fights that he has been in have been stinkers.

He doesn't have a crowd pleasing style.
                    ... It's like speaking about Andre Ward...

Comment

• Too bad for Rigo style of fighting which is boring to casual fans, boxing is all about business. Nobody will give you free money if you don't give them back more in return.

Comment

Working...
                      X