Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    It's disgraceful for a promoter to say such things about his fighter. Schaefer did the same thing with Lara. Meanwhile, Landy rose from the canvass twice to stop Angulo. The nerve of these guys....
    i rather watch rigo than landy

this BS what hbo is doing...alot of people think cuban fighters are boring but i do appreciate the skill

Comment

• Originally posted by TangInaMo Floyd View Post
      Boring Fighter can't SELL fight.Fans are boooing his last fight! What do you expect HBO to do.Boxing is business
      Are you gonna watch RIGO fight or GATTI fight,just asking!
      If given the choice of either watching Rigondeaux treat a top 5 P4P fighter like a bad sparring partner. Or, watching Gatti and a fellow C class fighter have a slightly more skilled version of a street fight. I'd take Rigo every time.

BTW, if a "boring fighter" can't sell, explain Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
        maybe cause he might've wanted to be on HBO again and keep gettting them paydays

of course!!! you got that guy scared to death... go in for the kill, but remain defensively responsible... don't ignore your defense, cause Donaire still has power

Donaire ain't coming forward cause he's scared to death of getting countered... why not use that to initiate some offense? That's the difference between a guy that HBO wants to see again and a guy that HBO doesn't want to see again.

Donaire was defensively irresponsible and got caught...

it was cause rigondo was potshotting... but that don't make HBO them bands

it was impressive, but not entertaining

and yet Donaire is the guy HBO wants to fight on their airwaves again and Rigondo isn't... So I dunno why people keep complaining about HBO, cause HBO isn't in the Rigondo game.... HBO is in the money chase, and Rigondo ain't bringing in the money

clearly... cause they keep on getting mad at HBO when Rigondo can take some clear steps to be more entertaining
        Name any other fighter that beats a p4p top 5'guy and doesn't get put on hbo again.

Comment

• Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          Donaire was moving forward and initiating the action... Rigondo was moving away and avoiding the action
          And he got hammered, that's why he was very tentative after the fifth round

Donaire has power and that's why people want to watch him... though some of his opponents lately have just been trying to go the distance with Donaire Donaire was the one trying to survive not Rigondeaux

Rigondo's style is an impressive display of skill... and it's boring... The 2 are not mutually exclusive... it's impressively boring or boringly impressive, but impressive nonetheless, however unprofitable for HBO. casual boxing fans won't pay to watch him prance and dance for 12 rounds.

I agree.... Donaire didn't show up and failed... but the way Rigondo fought, you can't blame HBO for not wanting to show him on their airwaves again.
          Rigondeaux fought his fight, he won it in the first round when stood up in the middle of the ring, exchange with donaire and sent him reeling to the ropes

LOLs... so Rigondo runs 11 rounds, and people knock Donaire for running in round 12? Come on mang... If you like running as a style then like it, even if Donaire is doing it...
          He was running for his life that, is the difference

Yeah, Rigondo got some pop... but he should throw more punches to make it count and impress the casual fans
          Every time he hit a guy they stay away from him, do you want to just throw punches or made them count?

Ya'll think GBP is any better? Didn't Schaefer shi.t on Lara for being hard to promote? Agreed

anyways, I would like to see Rigondo vs. Mares cause Mares got that hit-n-hold style that might be able to rough up Rigondo
          I'll like to see it too, Rigondeaux will fvk up Mares, you might had not notice it but he was getting hurt by PDL

Comment

• The thing that amazes me about these ass clowns busting on Rigo is that when discussing other topics, they constantly ***** and moan about "the best fighting rhe best." Rigo is one of the best. And generally, the best fight the best on HBO and Showtime. And if this guy isn't fighting on TV, obviously the best aren't gonna be fighting the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              This would actually make sense if highest grossing fighter in the history of the sport wasn't a defensive, safety first, "boring" fighter.
              Only because he plays a huge villain with an undefeated record people pay to watch him lose the moment mayweather loses people will not watch. He knows this 100%. Btw he's the only defensive fighter that has been an attraction. Your argument using the only exception as the basis for judging the group as a whole is not credible what so ever. This coming from the guy who said Lucas has no cross over potential is not surprising tho.

Comment

• HBO should give Rigo one more chance

They've hyped up bigger bums than him before (Berto)

And I don't get how they can have Ward but not have Rigo.

Rigo is far more entertaining than Ward and Floyd combined.

Comment

• This is bull. why wouldn't hbo not want to have Rigo. Rigo agianst anyone would be a good fight. Rigo/Donaire was entertianing, I enjoyed it. And I would be hesitant to believe any Arum says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
                    Only because he plays a huge villain with an undefeated record people pay to watch him lose the moment mayweather loses people will not watch. He knows this 100%. Btw he's the only defensive fighter that has been an attraction. Your argument using the only exception as the basis for judging the group as a whole is not credible what so ever. This coming from the guy who said Lucas has no cross over potential is not surprising tho.
                    You are dead wrong the greatest fighter to live was on his toes and did the rope a dope ..ALI..sugar ray ran half of haggler fighter why would you trade with a bigger harder puncher that's dumb lets just doi it like the civil war stand there and get shot..ill punch you you punch back lets see who can get more brain damage you dude sound dumb..if you blessed with good feet and head movement do don't degrade yourself becuz most Mexican and white cant do it...what's next layup contest in NBA..you guys are dumb rigo is too skilled like floyd and they want him to fight like the others

Comment

• Originally posted by mex602 View Post
                      i rather watch rigo than landy
                      Me, too. But I have a newfound respect for Lara after the guts he showed versus Angulo.

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
                      this BS what hbo is doing...alot of people think cuban fighters are boring but i do appreciate the skill
                      Most Cuban fighters have a very extensive amateur background. In some cases, perhaps too extensive. Those amateur traits are hard to change, so the transition to the pro game isn't always so smooth. One thing remains true, however, all these Cubans are well-schooled. If quality boxing is something you appreciate, they're worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                      X