Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is killing Boxing. Give us the fights we want!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    HBO shouldnt be paying shiming anything.
    This. what the hell, and people cried about berto getting big paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Yea it is, so what? Are you just as disgusted with all Shobox cards, which only feature upcoming prospects on a showtime produced telecast? Doubt it
      Is "shobox" premium level content? They show prospects on friday nights on the regular showtime channel.
      im not disgusted with shobox, but that assumes i hold hbo and showtime to the same level, which i dont. im definitely the bigger hbo fan. and what im saying still remains. if they were able to put on that quality of card when still force feeding us shiming, why shouldnt we expect that much this time? i think its totally reasonable and within hbo's power.

Comment

so its basically like the the viloria and martinez card from eariler in the year. difference being that was a much much better card. now if that level of event could be put together, shouldnt we at least expect the same now?
        Pretty much. Cards get better and worse. You called the upcoming berto card a good card and its a heap of trash compared to usual showtime GBP cards. Shouldnt we expect the same at least? Why are u so satisfied with that card but not this, which isnt a regular HBO card the the berto one?

Comment

im not disgusted with shobox, but that assumes i hold hbo and showtime to the same level, which i dont. im definitely the bigger hbo fan. and what im saying still remains. if they were able to put on that quality of card when still force feeding us shiming, why shouldnt we expect that much this time? i think its totally reasonable and within hbo's power.
          So you hold HBO to a higher standerd to show better cards but give showtime a pass? Cmon that ridiculous. Bigger HBO fan? Nitpicking networks like fighters is fanboy crap. I dont have a "favorite network". My favorite network is the one showing the best card that week. Both channels should be showing the best possible, they basically control boxing in the US.

Comment

Pretty much. Cards get better and worse. You called the upcoming berto card a good card and its a heap of trash compared to usual showtime GBP cards. Shouldnt we expect the same at least? Why are u so satisfied with that card but not this, which isnt a regular HBO card the the berto one?
            i never called the upcoming berto card a good card...i dont think its bad but its not overly impressive. and ive never said it was. like i said, showtime and gbp are most certainly killing hbo in the level of their cards rite now. i dont like this whole feud thing. it doesnt work for me at all. im not taking sides, because its all just ******ed. but at the end of the day, ive always valued hbos production value over showtimes. and as far as premium netoworks, to me hbo has been the gold standard

Comment

So you hold HBO to a higher standerd to show better cards but give showtime a pass? Cmon that ridiculous. Nitpicking networks like fighters is fanboy crap. Both channels should be showing the best possible, they basically control boxing in the US
              HBO was/is boxings home though and dont act like they don't have the budget. Or do they? hell didnt HBO fighter donaire turn down 3 mill for one fight against mares?

Comment

Crawford is good but I don't wanna see him fight. I just don't like him. And those two fights before the ggg sucked. N I'm expecting more lameness from them in the future.

Comment

So you hold HBO to a higher standerd to show better cards but give showtime a pass? Cmon that ridiculous. Nitpicking networks like fighters is fanboy crap. Both channels should be showing the best possible, they basically control boxing in the US
                  giving showtime a pass??? where do u get this crap from? a bad card is a bad card, but i expect more from hbo because thats my go to network for boxing. for instance if the mets and yanks are doing bad of course im gonna be more disappointed in the yanks. that goes without saying and if the mets actually go on a winning streak and the yanks continue to suck of course ill be disappointed. its not about fanboyism. everyone has their favorites. fanboyism is being ok with whatever hbo does regardless.

Comment

i never called the upcoming berto card a good card...i dont think its bad but its not overly impressive. and ive never said it was. like i said, showtime and gbp are most certainly killing hbo in the level of their cards rite now. i dont like this whole feud thing. it doesnt work for me at all. im not taking sides, because its all just ******ed. but at the end of the day, ive always valued hbos production value over showtimes. and as far as premium netoworks, to me hbo has been the gold standard
                    You called it a "pretty good action packed card and was surprised why ppl are complaining about it.". This is an action pack card as well. And yea HBO were the top channel but SHO has clearly caught up. Just like TR was the top promotion but GBP has caught up and even surpassed them. It would be like saying you expect better cards from TR then you do GBP because they were the gold standard. Times change tho. And i agree, this feud sucks. Channels should be buying fights and not fighters/promoters

Comment

giving showtime a pass??? where do u get this crap from? a bad card is a bad card, but i expect more from hbo because thats my go to network for boxing. for instance if the mets and yanks are doing bad of course im gonna be more disappointed in the yanks. that goes without saying and if the mets actually go on a winning streak and the yanks continue to suck of course ill be disappointed. its not about fanboyism. everyone has their favorites. fanboyism is being ok with whatever hbo does regardless.
                      In 2012, the showtime boxing budget was 28 mil while HBO's was 35 mil. Over time HBO's budget has steeply declined while showtimes has increased. HBO is no longer the top gun in premium channel boxing. THey now have the entire stable of one of the worlds biggest promotions, they arent in 2nd place anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X