Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is killing Boxing. Give us the fights we want!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    ummm, u kinda cant expand your market into china if u are hbo. hbo doesnt exist in china. this is all arum. i get why hes doing it, but hbo wont reap the benefits of it.

Arum was talkin about $5ppvs for the Chinese audience not too long ago...there are articles on this site posted about it...i know exactly why HBO wants to tap into that market

Comment

ummm, u kinda cant expand your market into china if u are hbo. hbo doesnt exist in china. this is all arum. i get why hes doing it, but hbo wont reap the benefits of it.
      Estrada Melindo is bada$$, and Ruiz Hanks is also interesting if shown. Gradovich is probably a fun bout either way.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
        GB/SHO publicists are heavy on this site today posing as....
        im not even on board the whole "hbo is bad for boxing" crap. but other than golovkin, last night was a crap night of boxing. tommy o and and nelson were crap not even belonging on a BAD card. that china card really isnt something i want to watch either. say what u want about sho and golden boy, but their cards have been on point as of late and i think thats leading to a bit of disappointment with the hbo cards.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          GB/SHO publicists are heavy on this site today posing as....
          I pretty much the only one so I guess you mean me.

So you agree with a 6 rounder as main event? That's a quality fight to you?
          Forget GB/Sho and just answer if you think it is and dont think of your TR/ HBO affiliation

Comment

HBO don't give a fuk what you want, their job is to get you to like what they are showing you, this is why Lampley is so fukin Biased and this is why they hype up certain fighters and try to get Casual fans to believe that their fighters are better then what they really are

The sudden negativity towards Sergio Martinez is PATHETIC! But this is what HBO been doing for years, fans are just not catching on to it.

Fight Game is an absolutely Fukin Joke and just more time for HBO to push their BS agenda on the gullible/casual boxing fans!

Lampley and Max Kellerman are Puppets, so they are taking the backlash for doing and say stuff they are probably told to say. But I notice when Bob Papa does the Play By Play the Broadcast is not as Biased
            Last edited by sicko; 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              Arum was talkin about $5ppvs for the Chinese audience not too long ago...there are articles on this site posted about it...i know exactly why HBO wants to tap into that market
              Would HBO get a percentage of those ppvs tho? and another thing, something ppl still ignore, will the ppv system work in china? will the government even allow it? esp if its being brodcasted, produced and distributed by an american company. its highly doubtful. its a gamble at best.

Comment

its a horrible horrible hbo card. even worse than anything with berto attached to it.
                Its not a horrible a HBO card, its an HBO 2 card. That would be like calling ShoBox a horrible horrible Showtime card.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Estrada Melindo is bada$$, and Ruiz Hanks is also interesting if shown. Gradovich is probably a fun bout either way.
                  they wont show all of those fights, and the ones they do show dont make up for the main event. on hbo? im sorry, i cant agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    So you agree with a 6 rounder as a quality fight to be main event?

And I can say whatever Floyd is against you haters will be for it, full force. If Floyd says I hate yellow shirts y'all would buy all the yellow shirts you can find.

Oh but this isn't about Floyd but thank you for mentioning him.
                    HBO is where it's at cause they are forward looking. You'd be excused for ignoring China 30 years ago, but not now, you'd have to be a moron. And it's not like it's a risk. The fcuker is getting 500k for his 2nd fight, so the conditions are ripe. Best of all, it's not HBO paying his purse, not even giving him a primetime date. So if you wanna catch history in the making, tune in to HBO2 Sat afternoon, and catch a couple of bada$$ "no name" fights as a bonus

Comment

they wont show all of those fights, and the ones they do show dont make up for the main event. on hbo? im sorry, i cant agree.
                      Its an HBO 2 card at 9am in the morning, its NOT an HBO card

It will also be a triple header

Comment

Working...
                      X