Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is killing Boxing. Give us the fights we want!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Its not a horrible a HBO card, its an HBO 2 card. That would be like calling ShoBox a horrible horrible Showtime card.
    well that is true to some extent. but it is a BAD card amirite??

Comment

Its not a horrible a HBO card, its an HBO 2 card. That would be like calling ShoBox a horrible horrible Showtime card.
      You mean the cards they show before main telecast or the Friday night ones. So ok what is the main event telecast for this card then

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        they wont show all of those fights, and the ones they do show dont make up for the main event. on hbo? im sorry, i cant agree.
        They'll show 2 in addition to Shiming. Estrada Melindo for sure, and either of the other 2 will be cool, one for action, one for prospect showdown, plus Ruiz is fun

Comment

Its an HBO 2 card at 9am in the morning, its NOT an HBO card
          u keep saying that, and im not arguing against it, so theres no need to say it. i wasnt trying to distinguish in that sense. the point im making is its is still a HBO produced and televised event rite?

Comment

well that is true to some extent. but it is a BAD card amirite??
            It's comparable to SHO Extreme

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              HBO is where it's at cause they are forward looking. You'd be excused for ignoring China 30 years ago, but not now, you'd have to be a moron. And it's not like it's a risk. The fcuker is getting 500k for his 2nd fight, so the conditions are ripe. Best of all, it's not HBO paying his purse, not even giving him a primetime date. So if you wanna catch history in the making, tune in to HBO2 Sat afternoon, and catch a couple of bada$$ "no name" fights as a bonus
              Oh I'll watch cause I'm fan but don't think it's this great card you made up in your head. I don't care what he's getting paid. History in the making is a 30+ year old in his 2nd fight v a bum as the main event?

Comment

u keep saying that, and im not arguing against it, so theres no need to say it. i wasnt trying to distinguish in that sense. the point im making is its is still a HBO produced and televised event rite?
                It probably comes almost free to HBO, it's all site fee, and China ppv down the road. You better believe HBO is not paying Shiming 500k lol.

Comment

its a horrible horrible hbo card. even worse than anything with berto attached to it.
                  Is the card horrible because it's on HBO? Would the card be fine if it was on ESPN instead? I agree that the main event is throw-away, but I'm looking forward to the under-card.

Comment

They'll show 2 in addition to Shiming. Estrada Melindo for sure, and either of the other 2 will be cool, one for action, one for prospect showdown, plus Ruiz is fun
                    So is the prospect showdown the history you speak of leading into that great 6 rounder

Comment

It's comparable to SHO Extreme
                      i get that. to me this is HBO appeasing arum. i get why they are doing it and everything. but it doesnt make it a necessarily GOOD thing. i think its a pretty low level card and im not sure how much of hbo's budget went into it, but id rather it have been a ppv.

Comment

Working...
                      X