Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is killing Boxing. Give us the fights we want!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Is the card horrible because it's on HBO? Would the card be fine if it was on ESPN instead?
    Yes! No problem with showcases or prospects but HBO broke ties to bring better cards and this isn't it

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Is the card horrible because it's on HBO? Would the card be fine if it was on ESPN instead? I agree that the main event is throw-away, but I'm looking forward to the under-card.
      thats what ive been saying. it is not premium level content imo. itd be ok on espn mebbe. its not what i pay for in hbo boxing. thats my opinion on the matter. i honestly have no interest in zou shiming or the chinese market not yet anyways. he hasnt done anything at the pro level to even make me interested as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Oh I'll watch cause I'm fan but don't think it's this great card you made up in your head. I don't care what he's getting paid. History in the making is a 30+ year old in his 2nd fight v a bum as the main event?
        Nothing special, but it's not prime time (think Santa Cruz vs bum on NBC, same slot). And there's more to it than the Shiming showcase. He's there for the Chinese market, and HBO probably must show him out of courtesy. Estrada looks look like a p4p talent, and Melindo looked very good last time around.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          well that is true to some extent. but it is a BAD card amirite??
          No it is not a BAD card, it wont be shown on HBO at night like a regular card. It will be a tape delay at 5:30 PM eastern time in the US only on HBO2

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            It probably comes almost free to HBO, it's all site fee, and China ppv down the road. You better believe HBO is not paying Shiming 500k lol.
            HBO shouldnt be paying shiming anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              So is the prospect showdown the history you speak of leading into that great 6 rounder
              No, Ruiz Hanks is an interesting prospect showdown. Haven't seen too much of Hanks, but Ruiz is a hoot to watch

Comment

Originally posted by king Ketchel View Post
                The best fights arent going to happen because of HBO being butt hurt about PBF leaving.

How can we fix it?
                You know this how? And who is "we"? A pretty strong opinion with no facts behind it or rational reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  No it is not a BAD card, it wont be shown on HBO at night like a regular card. It will be a tape delay at 5:30 PM eastern time in the US only on HBO2
                  so its basically like the the viloria and martinez card from eariler in the year. difference being that was a much much better card. now if that level of event could be put together, shouldnt we at least expect the same now?

Comment

u keep saying that, and im not arguing against it, so theres no need to say it. i wasnt trying to distinguish in that sense. the point im making is its is still a HBO produced and televised event rite?
                    Yea it is, so what? Are you just as disgusted with all Shobox cards, which only feature upcoming prospects on a showtime produced telecast? Doubt it

Comment

thats what ive been saying. it is not premium level content imo. itd be ok on espn mebbe. its not what i pay for in hbo boxing. thats my opinion on the matter. i honestly have no interest in zou shiming or the chinese market not yet anyways. he hasnt done anything at the pro level to even make me interested as yet.
                      Is "shobox" premium level content? They show prospects on friday nights on the regular showtime channel.

Comment

Working...
                      X