No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: The Media Built Manny Pacquiao To My Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
    when floyd spanks canelo he will have all the belts at 154 somthing pac could never do
    Kind of seems like something a person with some soft of brain damage would say. Manny simply isn't as big as Floyd. Him having faced Margarito, I'd guess Manny would fight the 154 guys with a couple more inches in height. Too much weight on his frame would mess with his style. I think Manny would at least give Floyd problems(notice I didn't say Manny would destroy Floyd). Also, Floyd isn't guaranteed to "spank" Saul, as you seemingly believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      Let's be ****ing honest here, they did overhyped Manny, but you can say that about every other boxers including Floyd himself.
      Bro I don't think the media over hyped Floyd.. Floyd over-hypes himself. He said he was better than SRR.. No one else believes that ****.

However the media did over hype Pacquiao with the awards, accolades, comparing him to SRR, ALI, etc. They even still have him on P4P list (ESPN) and his standing have increased since after his recent loss to #5.

Comment

Manny is no doubt a future hall of famer and a great champion with many accomplishments. He has fought wars in the ring and produced very exciting fights. But during his great run, he fought fighters that pretty much fought the same style. Its hard to put him in the same category as Chavez,Sr, Leonard, Duran, Hagler, Hearns, and now Mayweather. Those guys beat brawlers that were flat footed, they beat KO artists, they beat guys with speed and great foot work, they beat sound technical fighters, and they beat fighters from all walks of life. Can you really say that about Manny? Manny was protected from speedy technical boxers his whole career. You can't be an all time great unless you beat all types of style fighters. That's not his fault, because he did what he had to do against the guys that were put in front of him. So yes, the media and great matchmaking made Manny godlike in the sport. That in no way takes from his achievements. I put Mayweather a level above him because of his skills and IQ. And when you study each guys resume from top to bottom, I think Floyd's is tougher. In saying that, I mean not only the big event fighters, but also the club fighters and jouneymen they each fought. Mayweather is a step above Manny, but still not on the same level as Robinson, Ali, and Leonard.

Comment

tell that crap to srl, lewis, wright, foreman, holmes, tyson, rjj, bradley, hopkins...

Comment

Pac is so B list right now. If he was as good as some say then why isn't he boxing as high a level as Mayweather but yet he's younger. I do know he hasn't gotten a ko since he's been getting called out on peds. At least buy the canvas a drink before you sleep with it!!

Comment

Insecure for mentioning Pac

Comment

He's right. And all the pinoys who never used to watch boxing and didn't know **** about the sport gladly ate it all up and believed Pacquiao was some sort of monster who could beat Floyd. Lol fools.

Comment

Here I thought MAnny PAcquiao was actually going thru the giants at welterweight and looking good doing so, gosh I was fooled! Both these men are all time greats period....pacquiao for challenging the toughest even after they prime , and mayweather for making most or all of his opponents look like amateurs....pacquiao was(is) great but realistically mayweather would of out thought during a whole fight...and picked his shots. Pacquiao is good at ****ing and somewhat countering.. Mayweather won't approach a ****er but wait to counter...what has been pacquiao s weakness, a counterpuNcher.

Comment

Floyd still can't stop talking about Manny, still having nightmares about him. F**king pathetic lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Hayden View Post
                      Imagine the first 5 rounds of the Judah vs Mayweather fight, but for an entire 12 rounds.

Paq had a real shot at taking over Mayweather. A real, legitimate shot.

It's pathetic the fight never took place. Now it doesn't even matter though. The sooner Mayweather retires, the better. Things will go back to normal I think. Fights that need to get made will get made and we can see who's really who in the sport.
                      Floyd is a great fighter and good for the sport. Its unfortunate he's such an asshole and can't give credit where its due. Pacquiao earned his hype and p4p ranking by being exciting and beating the best available to him. Floyd can try to diminish that now after the Marquez loss and bogus Bradley loss, but nothing can change it and Manny will be remembered favorably by history.

Comment

Working...
                      X