Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody give Macklin a shot of beating GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Lets face it he is the bigger, faster guy. Hes better than anybody GGG has fought by a mile and hits a lot harder. Macklin can go 12 no sweat. Hes been in there with the best!

I always wonder with a guy like GGG if there is a plan B

It wasn't long back Macklin pasted Felix Sturm & gave Sergio who was still near his peak a very tough fight.

Anybody give Macklin a shot?

I ain't broke them down but I've got a good idea what GGG is about.
    I guess I shouldn't be but I am surprised to see so many being rather dismissive of Macklin. I hope you understand Matthew Macklin is not a guy will get hit & get on his bike in full survival mode.

Everybody that has fought GGG has been there for a payday, they have, I'm not being harsh on him just telling it how it is, they have fought almost terrified. What will happen when this guy hits Macklin who will hit him back with something a bit more meaningful than a jab as if to say please stop?
    What happens if he pushes GGG back?
    lol

anyway, macklin can punch, people forgetful now, curtis is simply the puncher of the season, but macklin hits just as hard, triple g is slick tho

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

The strange irony is that on the whole they weren't though to be very average a year or so ago. Sergio, Sturm, JCC jr, Pirog hell even Macklin were considered very good fighters.
      Sturm was known to be slight passed it. Nobody has really rated Chavez Jr.

A lot can happen in 2 years. Look at the bantamweight division we went from Perez, Darchinyan, Agbeko, Moreno, Donaire, Montiel etc and look at it today.
      Not saying there isn't good fighters there but a lot can happen in a short period of time.

Comment

Mora
        Froch
        Didn't N'Dam say he'd fight him?

Just because fighters aren't screaming his name from rooftops doesn't mean there isn't better than Stevens out there.

Hell there was some youngster who is like 12-0 with 10K.Os & some big amateur pedigree calling him out the other day saying he is ready right now. He'd probably be better than Stevens.
        Mora lol
        Froch's promoter says that's a huge fight for next summer. GGG will have fought at least 3x by then. How much butthurt are you gonna spill on NSB by then?
        I don't know if NDam said that, but who cares? HBO doesn't want him and he's not a step up. He already passed on 2 offers to fight G, and just last year dropped his interim belt when mandated to fight him

Some youngsters lol. Whatever, keep stewing

Comment

Nothing changes tomorrow night no matter how he beats Stevens, presuming he does.
          I thought this fight would answer a lot of questions? What happened?

I think a lot of questions are about to get answered. For the first time in his career the hugely overrated Golovkin is about to get hit back and fight someone who isn't petrified of him.

I have clearly stated many times it is not just about a fighters resume but even still 30 fights into his pro career and he is still fighting unranked opposition & total bums. How can anybody try justify that? Shouldn't you guys be urging him to prove hes as good as they say?
          We're not gonna do your homework for you, the information is out there. GGG has been avoided like the plague, promoters and fighters going on record and saying they don't want it.

I don't understand why you all have to go through my posts and all of this. Are you scared for him or something? Am I really asking too much for a guy with 350 amateur fights, 30 pro fights, a world champion with about 5 defenses to fight one guy of note?
          But you said the division was dead and full of bums, so until he fights somebody outside of his division you won't give him credit. You've already been exposed as a hater, you should just stop posting about GGG, spare yourself the embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I thought this fight would answer a lot of questions? What happened?

LOL blatant contradiction. I don't know why Dan continues this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Its packed with mediocre talent. They are very average and at a equal level, so it makes it look like a great division.
              Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

The strange irony is that on the whole they weren't though to be very average a year or so ago. Sergio, Sturm, JCC jr, Pirog hell even Macklin were considered very good fighters.
              Yeah, I don't agree with Crushin' on this. I'd ask, does mediocre talent push a great fighter like Martinez like Barker and Macklin did? Does mediocre talent beat Oscar in his backyard like many felt Sturm did? Does mediocre talent arguably beat Sturm and Martinez in their backyards like many felt Murray did? Add in Golovkin, Geale, Quillin and Pirog and it's a strong division imo. Not all atgs by any stretch, but all very good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                Yeah, I don't agree with Crushin' on this. I'd ask, does mediocre talent push a great fighter like Martinez like Barker and Macklin did? Does mediocre talent beat Oscar in his backyard like many felt Sturm did? Does mediocre talent arguably beat Sturm and Martinez in their backyards like many felt Murray did? Add in Golovkin, Geale, Quillin and Pirog and it's a strong division imo. Not all atgs by any stretch, but all very good fighters.
                I actually agree. There are only a couple of elite, A+ guys, but it's actually fairly packed in terms of solid B, B+ fighters. I don't think that's anything to complain about.

Comment

Comment

HA!

Good to see Dan actually fessing up to his Golovkin opponent pre-fight praise before the contradicted himself in every possible way

Comment

Hahahh. Nice

Comment

Working...
                      X