Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody give Macklin a shot of beating GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody give Macklin a shot of beating GGG?

Lets face it he is the bigger, faster guy. Hes better than anybody GGG has fought by a mile and hits a lot harder. Macklin can go 12 no sweat. Hes been in there with the best!

I always wonder with a guy like GGG if there is a plan B

It wasn't long back Macklin pasted Felix Sturm & gave Sergio who was still near his peak a very tough fight.

Anybody give Macklin a shot?

I ain't broke them down but I've got a good idea what GGG is about.
    I guess I shouldn't be but I am surprised to see so many being rather dismissive of Macklin. I hope you understand Matthew Macklin is not a guy will get hit & get on his bike in full survival mode.

Everybody that has fought GGG has been there for a payday, they have, I'm not being harsh on him just telling it how it is, they have fought almost terrified. What will happen when this guy hits Macklin who will hit him back with something a bit more meaningful than a jab as if to say please stop?
    What happens if he pushes GGG back?

Is he allowed to bring a baseball bat or a knife to the ring? If not, NO.

Comment

Any fighter can get hurt by a good punch and Golovkin hasn't fought a top 5 MW, so yeah he has a shot. I'm interested in this one.

Comment

no, but i think it'll be a hell of a fight.

this is 160 these guys are all in great shape and hit hard so you never know.

but at the end of the day, i tihnk macklin pushes triple g far but in a losing effort.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          Is he allowed to bring a baseball bat or a knife to the ring? If not, NO.
          What do you mean? Matthew "The Knife" Macklin is going to give Golovkin a fight.

Comment

Yes I do I think he has a real chance and I wouldn't call it an upset

Comment

Absolutely. However I fully expect Golovkin to start touching Macklin mid fight and stop him late on.

Comment

This fight will be just like the Proska fight. After the first couple of rounds it will turn nasty and then the one with the heavier hands will prevail.
                Macklin is good but Martinez destroyed him with just a few clean shots. He is no real opposition to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  What do you mean? Matthew "The Knife" Macklin is going to give Golovkin a fight.
                  I stand corrected. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
                    Yes I do I think he has a real chance and I wouldn't call it an upset
                    Anything can happen, but if ggg is who he appears to be, macklin has a very slim chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X