Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody give Macklin a shot of beating GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Rigo's best win was Rico Ramos, or a very unimpressive SD vs Cordoba, coming off a KO loss to Euro level Dunne. You boosting Willie Casey is lmmfao as Ducketts would say You can't use Donaire, you hyped him plenty before this excellent win.

Rakhim didn't have any good wins before Wlod, and kinda got exposed there, so not sure why that counts for him. And this Mora thing is pitiful. Whatever, you don;t like the guy, some frustrating times ahead for you.

Wasn't you ranting and raving that Donaire was going to knock his head off with a left hook? Now you're using a completely correct prediction against me?

I have clearly stated many times it is not just about a fighters resume but even still 30 fights into his pro career and he is still fighting unranked opposition & total bums. How can anybody try justify that? Shouldn't you guys be urging him to prove hes as good as they say?
    I wasn't saying their opposition was fantastic but unlike a certain somebody they stepped up and didn't mess around with no-hopers padding their record for years to come.

Both guys did what a fighter with such an amateur pedigree should.

I don't understand why you all have to go through my posts and all of this. Are you scared for him or something? Am I really asking too much for a guy with 350 amateur fights, 30 pro fights, a world champion with about 5 defenses to fight one guy of note?
    Any other fighter; Kell Brook, Gary Russell Jr etc gets **** on, this guy gets excused for everything! Its double standards and even worse so considering the pedigree he has.
    Last edited by dan_cov; 11-02-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Wasn't you ranting and raving that Donaire was going to knock his head off with a left hook? Now you're using a completely correct prediction against me?

I have clearly stated many times it is not just about a fighters resume but even still 30 fights into his pro career and he is still fighting unranked opposition & total bums. How can anybody try justify that? Shouldn't you guys be urging him to prove hes as good as they say?
      I wasn't saying their opposition was fantastic but unlike a certain somebody they stepped up and didn't mess around with no-hopers padding their record for years to come.

Both guys did what a fighter with such an amateur pedigree should.

I don't understand why you all have to go through my posts and all of this. Are you scared for him or something? Am I really asking too much for a guy with 350 amateur fights, 30 pro fights, a world champion with about 5 defenses to fight one guy of note?
      Any other fighter; Kell Brook, Gary Russell Jr etc gets **** on, this guy gets excused for everything! Its double standards and even worse so considering the pedigree he has.
      Step up against who dude? If I ask you who's the best guy that wants to fight him that he hasn't accommodated, you'll say Sergio Mora. That's QED, unless you latch on to Mora which is a joke and something you did already in this thread.

Comment

I kinda agree that we need GGG to step it up, but to be honest there isn't many good middleweights at the moment, the decent ones does not seem keen or ready to take on GGG. I really do think GGG is the real deal and am glad he is keeping himself busy and waiting for anyone of name but as of now he is fighting people that are available. I wouldn't consider him overrated but I would consider him overhyped based pure on his competition so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I kinda agree that we need GGG to step it up, but to be honest there isn't many good middleweights at the moment, the decent ones does not seem keen or ready to take on GGG. I really do think GGG is the real deal and am glad he is keeping himself busy and waiting for anyone of name but as of now he is fighting people that are available. I wouldn't consider him overrated but I would consider him overhyped based pure on his competition so far.
          The MW range is currently more packed than any other division.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
            The MW range is currently more packed than any other division.
            Its packed with mediocre talent. They are very average and at a equal level, so it makes it look like a great division.

Comment

Thread starter doesn't care for GGG that much eh?

At the very most, Sergio Mora would turn a fight with GGG into an ugly, awkward snoozer. And of course if GGG didn't knock him out, he'd be called "exposed". Nobody is interested in the "Latin Fake" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Its packed with mediocre talent. They are very average and at a equal level, so it makes it look like a great division.
                The strange irony is that on the whole they weren't though to be very average a year or so ago. Sergio, Sturm, JCC jr, Pirog hell even Macklin were considered very good fighters.

Comment

at thread starter's avatar. He's pretty set on GGG losing.

Hate to break it you buddy, but Stevens was hand-picked by HBO to make their potential cash-cow to look like a monster. Stevens is an ESPN level fighter with a punch who was once really popular in New York. That's it. Unless he gets lucky or GGG is horrifically overrated, Stevens gets demolished.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

The strange irony is that on the whole they weren't though to be very average a year or so ago. Sergio, Sturm, JCC jr, Pirog hell even Macklin were considered very good fighters.
                    Other then Sergio, all off those guys were always considered average. I'm not saying they are bums, like 90% of the people on here but a good fighter would beat any of them on any given night. Most think Sergio or Golovkin would beat all of them but match up them up against each other and they would be considered evenly matched

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Step up against who dude? If I ask you who's the best guy that wants to fight him that he hasn't accommodated, you'll say Sergio Mora. That's QED, unless you latch on to Mora which is a joke and something you did already in this thread.

Mora
                      Froch
                      Didn't N'Dam say he'd fight him?

Just because fighters aren't screaming his name from rooftops doesn't mean there isn't better than Stevens out there.

Hell there was some youngster who is like 12-0 with 10K.Os & some big amateur pedigree calling him out the other day saying he is ready right now. He'd probably be better than Stevens.

Comment

Working...
                      X