Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    No, stop being a pedantic ****.

He quit, end of. Did he quit because he doesn't
    Man just stfu. Real men don't use the word "****". You'll never understand wtf I'm talking about. You don't take blows for a living. ****ing armchairs.
    Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 06-11-2013, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Yup, 'cause you're just going to turn your back and speak to your trainer mid-round knowing full well that it could be construed as quitting... Why tell Virgil about the thumb and not the ref?

I'm not buying it, I'm not holding him in the same regard as people that genuinely look like they don't want it. Never experienced any damage to my eye socket, I'm not sure how bad the pain is. If he quit because the pain was great and he didn't want to risk it - that's fine and completely understandable. But it doesn't change the fact he quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Man just stfu. Real men don't use the word "****". You'll never understand wtf I'm talking about. you don't take blows for a living. ****ing armchairs.

Comment

• My argument is that it's rare that fighters quit. You get ktfo, cut, butted, hit low, at times thrown to the floor etc etc. The "you/he quit" mofo's are basically telling me that when you have fought your heart out, and suffer a serious injury, and the fight ends with you not wanting to suffer anymore... you quit? Gtfooh with that.

I can live with any other word said about that situation. If you can't find a better suited word like I did for that situation...that's your problem. Don't bother even trying to explain that **** to me because my mind is made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            My argument is that it's rare that fighters quit. You get ktfo, cut, butted, hit low, at times thrown to the floor etc etc. The "you/he quit" mofo's are basically telling me that when you have fought your heart out, and suffer a serious injury, and the fight ends with you not wanting to suffer anymore... you quit? Gtfooh with that.

I can live with any other word said about that situation. If you can't find a better suited word like I did for that situation...that's your problem. Don't bother even trying to explain that **** to me because my mind is made up.
            You didn't find a better suited word and if you did and I missed it, what was it?

If Angulo's arm was severed and his knees twisted around to the back of his calves, if he then acts in a way that the referee deems as not wanting to continue - he's quitting.

Sugar Ray Robinson quit against Maxim.

Comment

• Not the kind of quitting one should knock him for, it wasn't Maidana-Ortiz.

Comment

Yup, 'cause you're just going to turn your back and speak to your trainer mid-round knowing full well that it could be construed as quitting... Why tell Virgil about the thumb and not the ref?

I'm not buying it, I'm not holding him in the same regard as people that genuinely look like they don't want it. Never experienced any damage to my eye socket, I'm not sure how bad the pain is. If he quit because the pain was great and he didn't want to risk it - that's fine and completely understandable. But it doesn't change the fact he quit.
                Actually, in the case of a foul, you see many fighters turn away. For example, when a fighter gets hit low.

Now for me, I don't think Angulo quit because his eye and face were shattered. I do think that the ref should have at least taken a look at Angulo before stopping the fight and asked why he turned away in case it was a foul.

Angulo is one tough SOB, the beating he took for 10 rounds was amazing. He kept coming forward and landed some big shots. It was a great fight and credit to both guys for putting on a great show.

I just think at least the ref should have seen what was wrong instead of just stopping the fight in case of a thumb or something else.

Comment

You didn't find a better suited word and if you did and I missed it, what was it?

If Angulo's arm was severed and his knees twisted around to the back of his calves, if he then acts in a way that the referee deems as not wanting to continue - he's quitting.

Sugar Ray Robinson quit against Maxim.
                  What a ****** ficking thought, lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Actually, in the case of a foul, you see many fighters turn away. For example, when a fighter gets hit low.

Now for me, I don't think Angulo quit because his eye and face were shattered. I do think that the ref should have at least taken a look at Angulo before stopping the fight and asked why he turned away in case it was a foul.

Angulo is one tough SOB, the beating he took for 10 rounds was amazing. He kept coming forward and landed some big shots. It was a great fight and credit to both guys for putting on a great show.

I just think at least the ref should have seen what was wrong instead of just stopping the fight in case of a thumb or something else.
                    I just re-watched the ending and after Lara lands the 2 1-2s, Angulo comes up from a crouching position, turns his back and walks away. Walking straight to the ropes and doesn't protest once, doesn't even acknowledge the referee and looks quite disheartened. He didn't want to continue.

If Angulo was fouled, he would've acted appropriately. Again, I ain't saying he pulled a 'No Mas!', quitting to prevent further damage is understandable, especially in a region such as your face.

He quit, regardless of how you look at it. Unless a verb can be provided to explain what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Good post. When fans understand this, that tells me that the fan understands what fighters go through.

"Yo I saw you fall lol...Nah, I got tripped...yeah but you still fell".

Comment

Working...
                      X