Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    The scene after the fight was like a funeral

i came really close to cracking some guy who kept pushing me in line to leave the arena. i think he got the idea when 230 lb new england scowled at him for the second time.

he kept shouting "make a hole." i was gonna put one a hole in his jaw, rofl.

Comment

• Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this Era.

It's hardly even debatable anymore IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        i came really close to cracking some guy who kept pushing me in line to leave the arena. i think he got the idea when 230 lb new england scowled at him for the second time.

he kept shouting "make a hole." i was gonna put one a hole in his jaw, rofl.
        Man I got to talk to Andre Ward for a good ten minutes after the fight; honestly I really didn't have that problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Bad Ass View Post
          you're crazy man, running is he suppose to sit there and take hits in the final round of a fight he won

Canelo couldn't doing anything the first 11, he landed maybe 3 good clean shots all night

Floyd outclassed and outboxed him all night, thats excitement as he was tearing Canelo ass up
          what's ironic here is that warrior alvarez did the same exact thing against trout in the 12th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
            what's ironic here is that warrior alvarez did the same exact thing against trout in the 12th.
            because that's just how canelo fights. he was never a guy that was going to pressure floyd and overwhelm him, that was a complete mischaracterisation of his style. usually he is the most skilled man in the ring, it just wasn't the case last night

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              The scene after the fight was like a funeral
              GBP gave those people false hope. This kid still has a long way to go to reach that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                because that's just how canelo fights. he was never a guy that was going to pressure floyd and overwhelm him, that was a complete mischaracterisation of his style. usually he is the most skilled man in the ring, it just wasn't the case last night
                Yeah Canelo is not the type who bullies and roughs his opponents even the smaller ones. And he can't really fight inside. He likes to stay outside and box.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  alvarez dances half the fight away in a very close fight against trout, knowing he wouldn't lose on the cards = warrior
                  may beats his ass for 11 rounds and takes the 12th off = boring safety first fight

Comment

• I wonder where the Sweet Pea defense was when Alvarez was leaning on the ropes getting tagged at will.

Comment

• I wonder if floyd will continue to use the jab like he did last night. He did good work off of it. He setup some nice combos off the jab.

It's funny DLH said the key to beat Floyd was to use the jab but it proved to work very well against Canelo. Floyd got in range just enough where Canelo couldn't slip the jab like he did against Trout. Pot shot to the belly was key too. It was very smart of Floyd to not exclusively use the lead right hand. Excellent game plan from the Mayweathers.

Comment

Working...
                      X