Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody wants to talk about Alvarez hitting low or throwing shoulders?

Hey lets just talk about Floyd using elbows though? O wait.

Comment

• The haters must have had a bad night. That or they're avoiding the boards. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Nobody wants to talk about Alvarez hitting low or throwing shoulders?

He did fight really dirty. He literally spent the first half of the fight trying to out-Floyd Floyd.

Too bad, the judges probably would have given him the robbery split win if he went ****** all 12 rounds at Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He did fight really dirty. He literally spent the first half of the fight trying to out-Floyd Floyd.

Too bad, the judges probably would have given him the robbery split win if he went ****** all 12 rounds at Mayweather.
          I don't think he was that dirty. I think he fought perfect in that department as he needed to show he had zero respect for Floyd. Ironically Floyd was "the one" trying to touch gloves all night and I loved the fact Alvarez didn't want any part of it.

Also what I enjoyed the most outside of that was Al and Pauli talking about Floyd "Running". At about 2:30 of the 11th Al says "You know for the people that think Floyd Mayweather wins these fights by running, he's moving now but he's spent most of this fight in the pocket against Canelo Alvarez". Pauli goes on to say "That's just people complaining, it's all subtle changes, he'll use his legs, he stands in front of you, he'll change looks, he punches through all of it. It's fighting, its fighting tactfully and it frustrates the opponent".

Comment

• How about Alvarez team up with Nacho Bernstain?

He should do it while he's still young.

Comment

Nobody wants to talk about Alvarez hitting low or throwing shoulders?

I didn't like it at all but haven't mentioned it because it didn't get floyd off his game much. It did make Floyd more aggressive for a few rounds. I think it gave Canelo some opportunities but he couldn't capitalize at all. Victor tried it first but Alvarez showed no respect after committing the fouls. He was heartless in the ring. Floyd was just too sharp for him.

Comment

• Very entertaining fights, The One was very successful. But how successful do you guys think is was? 1.5mil successful or record breaking successful like GBP predicted.?

Comment

I don't think he was that dirty. I think he fought perfect in that department as he needed to show he had zero respect for Floyd. Ironically Floyd was "the one" trying to touch gloves all night and I loved the fact Alvarez didn't want any part of it.

Also what I enjoyed the most outside of that was Al and Pauli talking about Floyd "Running". At about 2:30 of the 11th Al says "You know for the people that think Floyd Mayweather wins these fights by running, he's moving now but he's spent most of this fight in the pocket against Canelo Alvarez". Pauli goes on to say "That's just people complaining, it's all subtle changes, he'll use his legs, he stands in front of you, he'll change looks, he punches through all of it. It's fighting, its fighting tactfully and it frustrates the opponent".
                  This was one of the most meaningful exchanges between the commentators last night. Very accurate assessment from them.

Comment

• Anyone know if its possible for Martinez to fight Mayweather?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
                      Anyone know if its possible for Martinez to fight Mayweather?
                      Low chance of happening, Floyd would most likely have to go up to 160. And if I remember right Martinez still have 2 fights with HBO and Floyd got 4 with Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X