Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd usually wins by out pointing his opponent. Don't see why this is a surprise to some of you

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Watched the fight sober tonight and it seemed more competitive tonight than it did last Sat. Floyd certainly won but I didnt see the dominance that everyone spoke of. The first 4-5 rounds were pretty even rounds that neither fighter dominated nor clearly won. There were about 3-4 rounds that Floyd CLEARLY won. He resorted to one and done punching and never completely overwhelmed, hurt, or had Alvarez in any type of trouble what so ever and vice versa. At the end of the day he was able to lay more leather than Alvarez was able to lay on him and that was the story of the fight although Alvarez was able to land some nice solid shots on Floyd here and there.
      You've spent months arguing with posters about the manny tim fight then you post this. If this is what its come to for you as a non floyd fan then that's a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        This is what frustrates alot of boxing fans about Floyd's style. He lacks a killer instinct. He could have his opponent completely outclassed yet will still resort to throwing jabs and pot shots without going in for the kill. Granted his style works for him but this is why he gets criticized and called "boring". He's like the Tim Duncan of boxing.
        You criticize someone by comparing them to tim duncan. Is there anything else to be said.

Comment

• Really? I mean, really?

Mayweather won every round. In every single round he landed better punches than Alvarez. He had Alvarez on the ropes multiple times taking a beating.

Why do people do this? Why do people find ways to see fights closer than they actually were?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            Controlled the fight, but didn't dominate.

If you can't see the difference, then you're an idiot.

Did that look like May-Mosley, May-Guerrero, May Ortiz, May-Marquez?

No, Floyd dominated them.
            Guerrero did better than Canelo did.

Comment

• The dominance wasn't that Floyd did so much, it was that Canelo could do nothing. Floyd made Canelo utterly ineffective, that was the dominance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Really? I mean, really?

Mayweather won every round. In every single round he landed better punches than Alvarez. He had Alvarez on the ropes multiple times taking a beating.

Why do people do this? Why do people find ways to see fights closer than they actually were?
                Your definition of a beating is a jab, jab, jab, soft right hand, jab combination? I dunno about Mayweather giving him a beating.

Also, most people can agree if anything Mayweather gave away the 12th round, so he didn't really win all 12. Wasn't a shutout the first time I saw it, still isn't a shutout the 2nd either... dominant? Sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                  Your definition of a beating is a jab, jab, jab, soft right hand, jab combination? I dunno about Mayweather giving him a beating.

Also, most people can agree if anything Mayweather gave away the 12th round, so he didn't really win all 12. Wasn't a shutout the first time I saw it, still isn't a shutout the 2nd either... dominant? Sure.
                  When those jabs and right hands are snapping a guy's head back, swelling his face up, and he isn't fighting back, yeah that's a beating. Even when he ran away in the 12th Mayweather was landing the better punches.

Comment

• Every single round Mayweather had;

More punches landed
                    Cleaner punches landed
                    Controlled the pace
                    Effective defense
                    Rendered Canelo's offense ineffective.

Every criteria of the scoring, Mayweather ticked all the box's.

Very difficult to give him a round.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Every single round Mayweather had;

More punches landed
                      Cleaner punches landed
                      Controlled the pace
                      Effective defense
                      Rendered Canelo's offense ineffective.

Every criteria of the scoring, Mayweather ticked all the box's.

Very difficult to give him a round.
                      Right?

I don't get it sometimes. I really don't. People should usually stick with their scores the first time they do it. When you start analyzing it too much you can fool yourself into seeing anything.

Damn it, why do these scoring threads involving Mayweather always end up with me defending him and talking his performance up!

Comment

Working...
                      X