No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
    I agree that the fight wasn't as lopsided and dominate as many said. I even heard some people say they thought it was Floyd's greatest performance ever. No way. The Corrales performance still tops that list easily.
    Well I think I don't think I've seen Floyd much sharper/better than what he was last night. Floyd is not declining, he's getting BETTER. He's still evolving as a fighter. His dad coming back has made a huge difference. For one the jab is back, and I always felt like Floyd was going away from using it. Floyd has one of the best jabs in the game when he uses it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      Well I think I don't think I've seen Floyd much sharper/better than what he was last night. Floyd is not declining, he's getting BETTER. He's still evolving as a fighter. His dad coming back has made a huge difference. For one the jab is back, and I always felt like Floyd was going away from using it. Floyd has one of the best jabs in the game when he uses it.
      Floyd looked great against Canelo. Extremely sharp, no question. But just go back and watch the Corrales fight. He has never looked that good and he's never been that dominate against an opponent some thought would beat him.

Comment

• Floyd owes Canelo "Still Undefeated" Alvarez 2 pounds, they should rematch at 156.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          From what I was reading here prior to watching the replay tonight, I was expecting to see a Floyd/Gatti type dominance. Floyd never hurt Alvarez and basically just outpointed him and used alot of movement.
          That's what Floyd does. He moves out of the way before you can hit him and puts his gloves on you before you can move out of the way... therefore he wins the fight.

He never goes in there to fight like a real warrior. Never takes any chances. Fights with a safety first mindset over 12 boring rounds.

His reflexes are key to him winning, but by no means is he exciting. Dude is boring to watch. He makes boxing look like golf. People don't want to see that ****.

Comment

• Floyd dominated the bigger man. I had it 9-3 at best.
            Those jabs and right hands to Floyds arms were not effective at all.

Canelo tried to land jabs and right hands up top but Floyd rolled and countered him all night. Floyd was just too fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
              That's what Floyd does. He moves out of the way before you can hit him and puts his gloves on you before you can move out of the way... therefore he wins the fight.

He never goes in there to fight like a real warrior. Never takes any chances. Fights with a safety first mindset over 12 boring rounds.

His reflexes are key to him winning, but by no means is he exciting. Dude is boring to watch. He makes boxing look like golf. People don't want to see that ****.
              Although to be fair, that was the criticism of Marquez for much of his early career. He was known as a safety first fighter and therefore was not as popular as Morales or Barrera... But look at how he outlasted those guys. Obviously having a safety first mindset as a boxer is paramount when attempting to have a long and successful career.

As Floyd says "The less you get hit in this sport, the longer you last."

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post

Why do people continue to watch him then?
                He must be doing something right.

How many of those warrior fighters you talk about (who can't speak and walk around with brain damage )have you donated money to?

Why should a fighter have to risk his life when he can go out there and hit while not getting hit back?

You want a guy to get the brains beat out of him for you to respect him?
                Well you should watch MMA.

Ask Ali family what they think about that.
                What a warrior he was but he can't even talk right now........

If floyd was to get KO'd for taking a chance you would be the first to say (I told you he was overrated)

Comment

• The only reason canelo won rounds was because Floyd just stopped throwing and canelo was... Even in those rounds Floyd was still schooling him

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                    Floyd dominated the bigger man. I had it 9-3 at best.
                    Those jabs and right hands to Floyds arms were not effective at all.

Canelo tried to land jabs and right hands up top but Floyd rolled and countered him all night. Floyd was just too fast.
                    9-3 is generous. You don't have to play nice and compromise with these fools.

Canelo didn't win a single round outright. Any round you give him would be out of sympathy or could be argued either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      9-3 is generous. You don't have to play nice and compromise with these fools.

Canelo didn't win a single round outright. Any round you give him would be out of sympathy or could be argued either way.
                      They were sympathy rounds that i gave canelo.
                      Only because i like him as a fighter and he kept trying lol

Comment

Working...
                      X