No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
    Alright, go take a nap. I'm trying to talk boxing here.
    Lucas thumbed himself in the eye when nobody was looking for a built in excuse.

I know from my special Intel.

Comment

• Clearly you have your own agenda when it comes to discussing anything related about Floyd. There was nothing competitive about this fight. Canelo landed some clean shots in spurts, but Floyd edged in every rounds except the last round.

Comment

Alright, go take a nap. I'm trying to talk boxing here.
        Lucas is a bum

Comment

3 rds is a fair score. Wasn't a shutout. That's my only frustration. Floyd controlled most of the fight, but in no way did he dominate.
          That's a good way to describe it. He controlled the fight but didnt dominate.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
            9-3 is pretty dominating, moron.
            outpointing and dominating are 2 different things. Dominating is what Floyd did to Gatti and Corrales.

During the post fight interview Canelo said that Floyd was able to touch him more just to score points. Of course the crap translator didnt translate it correctly.

Comment

3 rds is a fair score. Wasn't a shutout. That's my only frustration. Floyd controlled most of the fight, but in no way did he dominate.
              ???? I say it was dominate because the only rounds (2,3,12) canelo won where rounds floyd chose to do nothing. Canelo was reduced to landing a significant punch once every two rounds that is dominance to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                outpointing and dominating are 2 different things. Dominating is what Floyd did to Gatti and Corrales.

During the post fight interview Canelo said that Floyd was able to touch him more just to score points. Of course the crap translator didnt translate it correctly.
                I'm talking in the sense that Canelo never had a shot.

That translator is trash, my wife is Mexican and from the little Spanish she taught me I can tell he shortens and translates wrong all the time.

Comment

That's how he fights. I thought we all should know that by now. He systematically outbox his opponents. If he senses that they're tired, then he'll start digging the jab to the body and follow up upstairs, but he won't overcommit by punching at a fast pace and leaving himself vulnerable in the process.
                  Last edited by Carpe Diem; 09-21-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    That's how he fights. I thought we all know should know that by now. He systematically outbox his opponents. If he senses that they're tired, then he'll start digging the jab to the body and follow up upstairs, but he won't overcommit by punching at a fast pace and leaving himself vulnerable in the process.
                    Exactly there was a point where Canelo tried to bait Floyd to open up while he was on the ropes , but Floyd just kindly stuck jabs in his stomach never over committing.

Comment

• Originally posted by madhive View Post
                      Exactly there was a point where Canelo tried to bait Floyd to open up while he was on the ropes , but Floyd just kindly stuck jabs in his stomach never over committing.
                      This is what frustrates alot of boxing fans about Floyd's style. He lacks a killer instinct. He could have his opponent completely outclassed yet will still resort to throwing jabs and pot shots without going in for the kill. Granted his style works for him but this is why he gets criticized and called "boring". He's like the Tim Duncan of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X