Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked like Canelo took a pay off with a guarantee.

Comment

• Well maybe Richard Schaefer will see this thread and we can get a rematch since the fight was so close.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Well maybe Richard Schaefer will see this thread and we can get a rematch since the fight was so close.
        Thankfully, Schaefer seems to be a stand up guy, most of the time.

He said at the press conference that he had Mayweather winning every round.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Well maybe Richard Schaefer will see this thread and we can get a rematch since the fight was so close.
          Would it surprise you if a rematch was one of Mayweather's last fights? Let's say Alvarez picks up a couple of impressive wins in the meantime and the hype starts up that Alvarez was just "young doe" the first time. I could see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Would it surprise you if a rematch was one of Mayweather's last fights? Let's say Alvarez picks up a couple of impressive wins in the meantime and the hype starts up that Alvarez was just "young doe" the first time. I could see it.
            I think if he shows improvements and get's better then it's possible.

But, I doubt he stays at Jr Middlweight much longer.

Comment

• I agree that the fight wasn't as lopsided and dominate as many said. I even heard some people say they thought it was Floyd's greatest performance ever. No way. The Corrales performance still tops that list easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Every single round Mayweather had;

More punches landed
                Cleaner punches landed
                Controlled the pace
                Effective defense
                Rendered Canelo's offense ineffective.

Every criteria of the scoring, Mayweather ticked all the box's.

Very difficult to give him a round.
                Nah, in round 4 they both threw and landed the same amount of punches, however Mayweather landed more jabs while Alvarez landed more power punches. Also, your last two points are honestly the same thing, rendering someones offense ineffective is pretty much the definition of an effective defense, there's no difference.

Anyways, I even re-watched the final round, still not seeing how Mayweather could've won the 12th. Compubox says he landed more, but 75% of total landed (15/38) were jabs, meanwhile close to 85% of Alvarez punches total landed punches (9/41) in the 12th were power shots. Mayweathers punches weren't very clean in this round either, and his clear unwillingness to even attempt to engage didn't help him.
                Last edited by T18Z; 09-22-2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Schaefer mentioned a Cotto rematch in his post fight interview so nothing will surprise me

Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    Nah, in round 4 they both threw and landed the same amount of punches, however Mayweather landed more jabs while Alvarez landed more power punches. Also, your last two points are honestly the same thing, rendering someones offense ineffective is pretty much the definition of an effective defense, there's no difference.

Anyways, I even re-watched the final round, still not seeing how Mayweather could've won the 12th. Compubox says he landed more, but 75% of landed were jabs, meanwhile close to 85% of Alvarez punches landed in the 12th were power shots. Mayweathers punches weren't very clean in this round either, and his clear unwillingness to even attempt to engage didn't help him.

I'm going though the scoring criteria.

"Effective aggression" and "Defense" are two of the criteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I think if he shows improvements and get's better then it's possible.

But, I doubt he stays at Jr Middlweight much longer.
                      I know that's what Quillin wants because he has no fights with the HBO/Showtime thing

Comment

Working...
                      X