No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    The truth is, like it or not, NOBODY cares about Ward. NOBODY.

Just a few muppets online who get illegal streams anyway.

There is no MONEY in Andre Ward, he is boring in the ring, he has no personality

I know all the hardcores are going to go off "he got tha skills dat pay tha bills"

Well sure, he does, we seen it. Everyone seen it, and nobody cares.

Ward has 2 options, either dance to the tune of Froch and Hearn or, go elsewhere cap in hand and try get paid, it's on him but don't make out he's some star because he isn't.
    ^^^^^^The truth right here^^^^^^^^^

Comment

All the Cards??

Froch HOLDS some of the CARDS!! Ward is the RECOGNIZED 168lb CHAMP, with a DOMINANT victory over Froch - that's one card that Froch doesn't hold!

Comment

I think Ward may have made a mistake in not jumping on the Bute fight. Froch took that moment from him. I think Froch's move undercut Andre and put andre in the predicament he's in now. No one wanted to see Andre fight Kelly Pavlik. Kelly Pavlik hasnt been Kelly Pavlik since Hopkins got to him. Andre needs Chavez Jr or another high profile opponent such as that. The only other high profile guy would be Froch. All roads lead to Froch at this time. Froch cleaned up everyone in the division NOT named Andre.

Comment

Originally posted by matt73uk View Post
          Lot of people on here saying Ward is the Champion. No he isn't! He doesn't hold any belt at the moment. He did hold the WBC title but vacated it last week. So he holds no belts!

Froch has 2 of the World titles, and with it, the bargaining power. If you can't see that then you're following the wrong sport.

Ward can't fill stadiums like Froch can, so holding the fight in London is the only option that makes financial sense. If the fight was in the US, it would have to be free to air, not PPV. Nobody pays to watch Andre Ward nomatter what country they're from. He doesn't sell fights because of his style.

Froch can fill any arena in the UK on his own. British fans would not pay for Ward.

Froch is the double world champ and now it's Ward's turn to do some chasing if he wants the titles. Froch went to the US and fought Ward the first time, now it's Ward's turn to man up and do the same. Alternatively he could dodge Froch and go down as the talented boxer that was afraid to fight Froch in London.

I hope they get it on. Froch has improved a lot in the last 2 years. He'd have a good crack at Ward this time.
          Ward has the WBA belt. The belt Froch won from Kessler was the regular belt, which isn't seen as a proper championship belt if someone holds the Super belt which Ward has. Same thing as Canelo and Floyd at 154, Floyd is the WBA champ.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            so what happens if ward goes to england and whoops froch again, all youll say is "but he has no fans!!" lol
            But thats the truth though, isnt it?

Comment

Gotta love boxing, it's the only sport in the world where fans brag about who makes more money and not who's better. I've never once heard a baseball fan brag that someone like Carl Crawford is better than Mike Trout because he cashes a bigger check. I'm a huge Froch fan, actually a much bigger fan of his than Ward even though I'm American, but this is silly. Why does anyone here really care what any of these guys make? I didn't realize people that posted on this board got a cut of their checks. I care about which guys are better and who would beat who, and that's long ago been settled and nothing would change in a rematch. I don't want to see it and hope it doesn't happen. Froch-Kessler needed to happen because it was a close fight that many (me included) thought Froch won. No one thinks Froch beat Ward, hell he barely won a round of the fight. I agree there are not a ton of great match ups for Ward right this second, but some names will appear on the horizon in the near future. If he wants to take an easy pay day to beat Froch again that's his choice, but I hope both go in different directions.

Comment

Originally posted by matt73uk View Post
                Lot of people on here saying Ward is the Champion. No he isn't! He doesn't hold any belt at the moment. He did hold the WBC title but vacated it last week. So he holds no belts!

Froch has 2 of the World titles, and with it, the bargaining power. If you can't see that then you're following the wrong sport.

Ward can't fill stadiums like Froch can, so holding the fight in London is the only option that makes financial sense. If the fight was in the US, it would have to be free to air, not PPV. Nobody pays to watch Andre Ward nomatter what country they're from. He doesn't sell fights because of his style.

Froch can fill any arena in the UK on his own. British fans would not pay for Ward.

Froch is the double world champ and now it's Ward's turn to do some chasing if he wants the titles. Froch went to the US and fought Ward the first time, now it's Ward's turn to man up and do the same. Alternatively he could dodge Froch and go down as the talented boxer that was afraid to fight Froch in London.

I hope they get it on. Froch has improved a lot in the last 2 years. He'd have a good crack at Ward this time.
                That's absolute nonsense, it doesn't matter where he beat Froch, the nature of the beating was such that it doesn't matter where it's held. The fact Ward had already beaten Froch so handily means he'll never go down as 'the guy who was afraid to fight Froch in the UK.'

It's like saying Mayweather's one sided beat down of Hatton doesn't count since Hatton wasn't at home for it. That's some flawed logic.

Straight after the Kessler fight, Froch announced that the Ward rematch will have to be in the UK, at the post fight press conference, Froch was talking about a 3rd fight with Kessler and that he doesn't really have to fight Ward again. I think Froch is the one who doesn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  Thats just BS. Ward already beat him decisively. Froch should still be the one chasing Ward. I don't think there is more money for the fight in the UK because of tax issues. Both will be making more in Las Vegas.

The only reason Ward wants Froch is because it makes him the most money. If the fight doesn't materialize, Ward moves on to fights with less money involved. But he will still be the king. If Froch however moves on, he may make more money but he would have to live with the fact that he is still #2 with Ward looking down from the top.

Yeah thats right. Id rather be in Ward shoes.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  all day!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

These UK guys are hilarious! I am not surprised by this Nonsense as they also believe Amir Khan could beat Mayweather and that Vitali is scared of David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
                      Ward fought Froch on the other side of the country with basically no home advantage 3000 miles away. It's not like he beat Froch because he fought him in his backyard. Atlantic City is about as far as you can get away from Oakland and still be in the same country. No, Ward schooled Froch because he is just better...faster...sharper...better inside...better defensively....better everything. The crowd would oooh and ahhh every time Froch throws some wild **** in Ward's direction while Ward would just put on a masterclass and sharpshoot him all night with lead right hands and left hooks.
                      They can fight in Vegas.. it should do well there. BUT Froch isn't the only credible fight for Ward. I think Pascal will be a good opponent, as well as Cleverly, of course Chavez. Froch is grossly over playing his position

Comment

Working...
                      X